CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A339D34D-B9E9-4C25-8AE0-225374E50A01.jpeg

Meet my new best friend Maddox

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Our Bernese mountain dog walking around shaking her butt. Was eating grass and had grass and a load hanging out of her butt. Really glad I am married to a veterinarian.......I would have puked

Reactions: Bocephus86

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
thats great!

he is a big sweetheart who is coming from a situation where he was cared about a lot. He’s just a giant baby. Already gets along great with the other dog in the house. Was excited to see the cat through the slider but doesn’t really have a prey drive....it’s mostly excitement/curiosity-based. Just wants to be friends with everything. Cat doesn’t know that though lol

gonna be a slow introduction between the two but I expect it to go smoothly in the end like it did with the roommates dog. At the end of the day the cat grew up with 3 other dogs, it shouldn’t be a huge deal to him in a couple weeks

Reactions: Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
he is a big sweetheart who is coming from a situation where he was cared about a lot. He’s just a giant baby. Already gets along great with the other dog in the house. Was excited to see the cat through the slider but doesn’t really have a prey drive....it’s mostly excitement/curiosity-based. Just wants to be friends with everything. Cat doesn’t know that though lol

gonna be a slow introduction between the two but I expect it to go smoothly in the end like it did with the roommates dog. At the end of the day the cat grew up with 3 other dogs, it shouldn’t be a huge deal to him in a couple weeks

Good for both of you. Glad you got him.
Rule of thumb for an adoptee is about 3 months for them to settle in, learn the ropes and realize this is truly home.
But I find those 90 days equal many years of happiness.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good for both of you. Glad you got him.
Rule of thumb for an adoptee is about 3 months for them to settle in, learn the ropes and realize this is truly home.
But I find those 90 days equal many years of happiness.

Thanks Wally! he’s already making this so worthwhile, he was described as a “snuggly walrus” and they weren’t wrong

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

My dog is definitely part pit. His paperwork says lab/boxer but his face says "and a little something else". Every living thing we pass is like a potential new best friend to him. Hell, he got nipped by a dog in the park about 6 months ago and it didn't even slow him down for a second (though I wish it did). If wrestling wasn't his go-to play with other dogs, he'd be the most popular dog in my neighborhood. 24/7 waging tail and playful actions; just a great temperament, and I've come to find out a lot of that might be the pit part of him. Also, he almost never barks, which is the best (only time I've heard him do it is if someone knocks and I'm in a different room then him, and he stops once I show up).

They get a bad wrap because of how they look. Also, once they've lost focus on you, they are really hard to get back focused until you remove the stimulus (which I think unfortunately makes those bad stories you hear as bad as they get). But you know what you're doing so that shouldn't be an issue.

Congrats, hope it works out!

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My dog is definitely part pit. His paperwork says lab/boxer but his face says "and a little something else". Every living thing we pass is like a potential new best friend to him. Hell, he got nipped by a dog in the park about 6 months ago and it didn't even slow him down for a second (though I wish it did). If wrestling wasn't his go-to play with other dogs, he'd be the most popular dog in my neighborhood. 24/7 waging tail and playful actions; just a great temperament, and I've come to find out a lot of that might be the pit part of him. Also, he almost never barks, which is the best (only time I've heard him do it is if someone knocks and I'm in a different room then him, and he stops once I show up).

They get a bad wrap because of how they look. Also, once they've lost focus on you, they are really hard to get back focused until you remove the stimulus (which I think unfortunately makes those bad stories you hear as bad as they get). But you know what you're doing so that shouldn't be an issue.

Congrats, hope it works out!

thanks I appreciate the kind words and advice! I’ve definitely noticed it’s hard to break focus but he’s starting to do well about it

Reactions: Bocephus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->