Official HF 2005 Mock Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Noone ever wants a goalie in the first round, even if their team is a logical choice to take one.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Meh... I don't really need one (Cam Ward, Justin Peters, Kevin Nastiuk, Rob Zepp, Craig Kowalski, Magnus Akerlund, etc...), but if they fall to where I pick...

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are proud to select from Sudbury, defensman Marc Staal.

With him we feel that we have fixed the need of another first pairing d-man as was Smid last year.

Now with him, Smid, Jordan Smith, Popovic (and Vishnevsky is still quite young) we think we will have a solid future on the blue line.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
I would never take a goalie in the 1st round unless it was a talent such as a Loungo. I think your better off picking a goalie who has the attributes you look for in the later rounds, then investing in solid goalie coaching. But thats just me.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
The Atlanta Thrashers just can't pass on Alex Bourret. This kid got it all: skill, speed, strenght and intensity. He's a steal at #10 and he's a lock to center Kovalchuk and Heatley in a few years.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Fighter said:
The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are proud to select from Sudbury, defensman Marc Staal.

With him we feel that we have fixed the need of another first pairing d-man as was Smid last year.

Now with him, Smid, Jordan Smith, Popovic (and Vishnevsky is still quite young) we think we will have a solid future on the blue line.

:handclap: Good pick Fighter!!!

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
McDonald19 said:
:handclap: Good pick Fighter!!!

I think Anaheim could pick him later (around 12#) but no one was interested in trading up it seems.
We agree on picking goalies in later rounds, but about your "first line center"?
I think Getzlaf will be our, if not Brule was already drafted and neither Bourret nor Zagrapan are first line material to me (very good second liners btw)

So, IF Staal is already picked (I think that Carolina has all interests in drafting him...) who Anaheim would pick? A d-man like Parent or a forward like Bourret?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

To Florida: 12th Overall
To Minnesota: Anthony Stewart

The Wild add offense on the blueline, and size up front. Boo yah!

Last edited:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Fighter said:
We agree on picking goalies in later rounds, but about your "first line center"?
I think Getzlaf will be our, if not Brule was already drafted and neither Bourret nor Zagrapan are first line material to me (very good second liners btw)

So, IF Staal is already picked (I think that Carolina has all interests in drafting him...) who Anaheim would pick? A d-man like Parent or a forward like Bourret?

I think Getzlaf would be better as a second line center with an elite center on the first line taking the pressure off Getz. That said, Getzlaf could be a good first line center. I don't think we will find a better Center that Getz available with the 9th pick.

If Staal is taken I'd think about taking Bourret to be our eventual second line center with hopes of Getzlaf becoming a first line center. Parent might be a reach at 9th overall.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Fedz said:
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

To Florida: 12th Overall
To Minnesota: Anthony Stewart, Lukas Krajicek

The Wild add offense on the blueline, and size up front. Boo yah!

A young 2nd line power forward and young 2nd pairing defensmen for 12th overall pick...not very realistic.

Florida would not make that trade.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Come on... you think I would trade two of those player and the 18th player in the top 50 of HF for the 12th...

Call me crazy by bringing those kids in negociations if you want, but don't shot at me because of a trade I would never do even if I had a gun pointed on my head (well it's just a comparison to say...)...

So please guys, think before you speak I posted a reply a couple of minutes after... :teach:

:madfire:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
McDonald19 said:
If Staal is taken I'd think about taking Bourret to be our eventual second line center with hopes of Getzlaf becoming a first line center. Parent might be a reach at 9th overall.

To tell you the truth Staal too is a reach at 9# IMO but we need another d-man badly and Johnson is as good as gone at that point (I don't even consider Bourdon, simply I don't know much about him)
I kinda like Zagrapan... you know I like europeans :D
Bourret is interesting but I prefer size upfront.

It would be interesting to move up giving up the 9th and one of the two second rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad