HF Habs: Official Habs Mock Draft 2018 Edition - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Gregoire was signed by SJ's AHL team and he has some weird clause, i think whoever drafts him has to bring him on their NHL roster or something?

I believe that if a team draft him and they want to send him down to the AHL he will need to report to SJ's AHL club, but when things like that happens, they usually make a simple AHL trade so he can report to the right farm team, so I don't think this is an issue. I doubt he will get drafted though.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
:avs

16. Barrett Hayton
47. Cameron Hillis
62. Philip Kurashev
78. Philip Johansson
109. Danila Galenyuk
140. Pavel Shen
171. Kevin Mandolese
202. (Autopick) Kristian Reichel

Thoughts? Would like some feedback from experienced mock participants.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Holy crap. NYR really have a chance to turn their team around sooner than later with this year's draft.

OriginalCanadian

May 13, 2015
The Hammer
Thanks @Chris Cutter for another great Mock Draft!

Results for Toronto
25th: Jared McIsaac (LD)
52nd: Jakub Lauko (LW)
83rd: Axel Andersson (RD)
118th: Oskar Bäck (C/RW)
149th: Oliver Okuliar (LW)
209th: Brandon Saigeon (C)
211th: Caleb Everett (RD)

Overall I like my picks. In hindsight I'm regretting my 1st rounder because there were a couple other D-men that I prefer over McIsaac. I'm pleased with my Andersson and Bäck picks, surprised I was able to snatch them up so late in the 3rd and 4th round. Curious to see where these guys go in the actual draft come June.

Personally, I think the Rangers had the best draft this time round.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nashville

93. Ryan Chyzowski
111. Carl Wassenius
131. Luke Henman
155. Jeremi Gerber
217. Akira Schmid

Pretty solid draft for not having a pick until the end of the 3rd round.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

16. Barrett Hayton
47. Cameron Hillis
62. Philip Kurashev
78. Philip Johansson
109. Danila Galenyuk
140. Pavel Shen
171. Kevin Mandolese

Hayton is a good pick. Not my favorite prospect, but I think you got the BPA there.

Hillis :clap: Great pick.

I also like your Shen pick.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
20-Bode Wilde - D
51-Jake Wise - C
82-Ryan O'Reilly - RW
113-Martin Fehérvary - D
144-Simon Johansson - D
165-Michal Kvasnica - W
175-Nikita Rozhkov - W

Very happy with my draft this year. Wise at 51 is something that really surprised me. I'd be thrilled with him at 35 or 38 for Montreal. O'Reilly is a guy I'd like in the late 2nd, ideally early 3rd.

Like everyone said, wow type of draft for the Rangers. I actually have O'Brien in the 1st, ahead of Noel, but can't really argue about his haul! Just incredible.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Okay guys, someone help me out here. In the media, I keep hearing that the Habs should take Zadina with the 3rd pick, and I know that the Habs need offense. Why is Zadina dropping so badly, or have the others emerged as just plain better, or a combination of both?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Okay guys, someone help me out here. In the media, I keep hearing that the Habs should take Zadina with the 3rd pick, and I know that the Habs need offense. Why is Zadina dropping so badly, or have the others emerged as just plain better, or a combination of both?

Probably a bit over-exposed is all. He had ''concerns'' raised about his skating. I find those concerns almost totally unfounded. He's a fantastic player and goal-scorer. It's funny, a year ago I really liked two underage players at the U18s: Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Filip Zadina. Those guys have become my 3 and 4 respectively.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Probably a bit over-exposed is all. He had ''concerns'' raised about his skating. I find those concerns almost totally unfounded. He's a fantastic player and goal-scorer. It's funny, a year ago I really liked two underage players at the U18s: Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Filip Zadina. Those guys have become my 3 and 4 respectively.
In which order?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

16. Barrett Hayton
47. Cameron Hillis
62. Philip Kurashev
78. Philip Johansson
109. Danila Galenyuk
140. Pavel Shen
171. Kevin Mandolese

Its good, like the high upside picks in the 2nd. Not a fan of Hayton but hes good value around 17.

Reactions: Toene

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Weird picks, I am glad the guy picking for the Habs in this mock draft has no say in the real draft.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Hayton is a good pick. Not my favorite prospect, but I think you got the BPA there.

Hillis :clap: Great pick.

I also like your Shen pick.

Its good, like the high upside picks in the 2nd. Not a fan of Hayton but hes good value around 17.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

As I said when I picked him, I think Hayton will have more opportunities next year with the top Soo guys moving on to the pros. I think he'll have a monster year. But yeah I hesitated for a long time between him and Veleno and went for the highest upside between the two.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Woooow Beowulf, no rispek

Let's just say I believe the Habs should be drafting the best player available and that will not be Boqvist, talent but very undersized dman (5-10 about 170lbs I believe). Drafting for need is not smart with the 3rd overall pick.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Let's just say I believe the Habs should be drafting the best player available and that will not be Boqvist, talent but very undersized dman (5-10 about 170lbs I believe). Drafting for need is not smart with the 3rd overall pick.
Boqvist is really, really good and 5'11, he probably has the best shot out of every defenders in this draft, is an elite skater, one of the smartest player in the draft too. Cant go wrong with him. Hes 3A on my list.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Boqvist is really, really good and 5'11, he probably has the best shot out of every defenders in this draft, is an elite skater, one of the smartest player in the draft too. Cant go wrong with him. Hes 3A on my list.

Every "professional" list has him in the 5 to 7 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->