HF Habs: Official Habs Mock Draft 2018 Edition - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Ill be blunt... The Rodrigue pick is horrible.

Well, wasn't sure if it was too early or not, saw him late 2nd to late 3rd in some mocks, and was the No 1 NA goalie for the NHL Central Scouting, BUT had the impression he was a reach, as I think goalies this year are pretty weak overall, did a coin toss between him and Skarek (or Starek, not sure), and it was Rodrigue... oh well thanks for your bluntness :laugh:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Big thanks to @Chris Cutter , u wanna give me a decent team next year?

Yup, thanks CC for moderating this and thanks to all of the participants this year. It was fun and I learned a lot about some prospects I wouldn’t have thought about outside this mock.

I’m only disappointed with the middle top-10 picks as I expected McCleod to be called right around pick #3...

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I guess since everyone's doing this, I'll do mine for jokes: Potential UFAs: Marcus Karlberg, Alexander Zhabreyev, Montana Onyebuchi, Daniil Isayev, Michal Ivan.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Best undrafted following my list: (edited)
F: Mikhail Shalagin, Johan Sodergran, Nikita Rtischev, Jack Randl, Demid Mansurov, Erik Middendorf, Jaxon Nelson, Markus Karlberg, Carl Berglund, Mathias Laferriere, Jackson Leppard, Max Golod.
D: Carter Robertson, Connor Corcoran, Micha Ivan, Thomas Gregoire, Mac Hollowel, Ondrej Buchtela.
G: I don't really follow G that far in the draft, its purely gambling at that point.

Overall nothing major left on the board to my knowledge, solid draft guys.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Best undrafted following my list:
F: Mikhail Shalagin, Johan Sodergran, Nikita Rtischev, Nikita Rozhkov, Jack Randl, Demid Mansurov, Erik Middendorf, Jaxon Nelson, Carl Berglund, Mathias Laferriere, Jackson Leppard, Max Golod.
D: Carter Robertson, Connor Corcoran, Micha Ivan, Thomas Gregoire, Mac Hollowel, Ondrej Buchtela.
G: I don't really follow G that far in the draft, its purely gambling at that point.

Already drafted

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well, wasn't sure if it was too early or not, saw him late 2nd to late 3rd in some mocks, and was the No 1 NA goalie for the NHL Central Scouting, BUT had the impression he was a reach, as I think goalies this year are pretty weak overall, did a coin toss between him and Skarek (or Starek, not sure), and it was Rodrigue... oh well thanks for your bluntness :laugh:

Rodrigue is better than Skarek so you did fine.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Best undrafted following my list: (edited)
F: Mikhail Shalagin, Johan Sodergran, Nikita Rtischev, Jack Randl, Demid Mansurov, Erik Middendorf, Jaxon Nelson, Markus Karlberg, Carl Berglund, Mathias Laferriere, Jackson Leppard, Max Golod.

Gregoire was signed by SJ's AHL team and he has some weird clause, i think whoever drafts him has to bring him on their NHL roster or something?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Who is

"102. Montreal (from Edmonton): Spencer Stastney"?

I can't find shit on this player.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
First, thanks to CC for taking care of things and a big tumbs up for all you guys for making this a great mock draft. I got lucky this year with team assignment and had a chance to make a ton of picks.

Here's a summary of the Ranger's draft:
nyr.png

9 - Quinn Hughes, LD, USA, University of Michigan, NCAA
28 - Ty Dellandrea, C, CAN, Flint Firebirds, OHL
29 - Serron Noel, RW, CAN, Oshawa Generals, OHL
39 - Jacob Bernard-Docker, RD, CAN, Okotoks Oilers, AJHL
48 - Jay O'Brien, C, USA, Thayer High School, USHS-Prep
70 - Albin Eriksson, LW, SWE, Skellefteå AIK, SuperElit/SHL
90 - Luka Burzan, LW, CAN, Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
101 - Joey Keane, RD, USA, Barrie Colts, OHL
132 - Declan Chisholm, LD, CAN, Peterborough Petes, OHL
163- Dennis Busby, RD, CAN, Flint Firebirds, OHL

This shows a clear preference for skilled and mobile defensemen that move the puck well.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
First, thanks to CC for taking care of things and a big tumbs up for all you guys for making this a great mock draft. I got lucky this year with team assignment and had a chance to make a ton of picks.

nyr.png

Good job! Nice haul for sure

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

nyr.png

wow thats a good draft too. Not high on Noel and I think theres probably a dozen players id choose over him at that spot but that pretty much a 6/7 for ur top 7.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At 65.

Perhaps a bit too early.

Goalies rarely are sexy picks. :laugh:

Actually, I don't mind Rodrigue at 65. I am high on him. I'd be happy if the Habs drafted him with the 66th pick. Rodrigue and/or Primeau to replace Price when they are age 25. Lindgren, McNiven, Hawkey are likely gone by that point.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Actually, I don't mind Rodrigue at 65. I am high on him. I'd be happy if the Habs drafted him with the 66th pick. Rodrigue and/or Primeau to replace Price when they are age 25. Lindgren, McNiven, Hawkey are likely gone by that point.

Was more a contextual pick, thought that goalies would be about to get picked, took a look at what Arizona had in their pipelines, and thought it would be nice to add a nice goalie prospect.

BUT, like I said, twas contextual, honestly don't want us to grab another goalie this year, I think we have glaring needs other than Goalies and RHD, namely LHD and, especially, Centers.

Wouldn't be that mad if we did, though, but would take a long look at those picked after him :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Was more a contextual pick, thought that goalies would be about to get picked, took a look at what Arizona had in their pipelines, and thought it would be nice to add a nice goalie prospect.

BUT, like I said, twas contextual, honestly don't want us to grab another goalie this year, I think we have glaring needs other than Goalies and RHD, namely LHD and, especially, Centers.

Wouldn't be that mad if we did, though, but would take a long look at those picked after him :laugh:

So you don't draft BPA at the 66th pick? :sarcasm:

Like I said. Drafting Rodrigue is about Price's replacement. Primeau and Rodrigue would be good pieces to insert into our line-up 8 years down the road

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

nyr.png

This shows a clear preference for skilled and mobile defensemen that move the puck well.

Fantastic draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad