OT: Official Golf Thread - One small golf tip lands Matt Kuchar in deep rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't see it that way. Top to bottom I think the US has the better squad but not really surprising since we never win in Europe.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Whenever those 2 are picked the US does poorly. US has to pick players with emotion not robots.

The last thing I would have ever referred to Tiger and Phil as would be emotionless robots.

You are going to have the next 15 years as the team is going to be lead by Koepka, and Dustin Johnson

Pretty Amazing the US is 1-7 with Tiger Woods on the roster in Ryder Cup play, especially where they one 2 of the 3 he missed due to injuries. At least Phil has won 3 times.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tiger seemed like a no brainer pick based on current form. Mickelson is another story. The next time you see hom at the Ryder Cup will be as team captain. Although that might be just as scary.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The last thing I would have ever referred to Tiger and Phil as would be emotionless robots.

You are going to have the next 15 years as the team is going to be lead by Koepka, and Dustin Johnson

Pretty Amazing the US is 1-7 with Tiger Woods on the roster in Ryder Cup play, especially where they one 2 of the 3 he missed due to injuries. At least Phil has won 3 times.
DJ and Brooks are awesome but are total boring drips

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Sure, but I meant in general for PGA America. Last few years the big complaint is them hitting it too long. Most of them don't even care if they miss the fairway anymore. "I would rather have a pitching wedge in the rough than a 6 iron in the fairway." - Brooks Koepka.

Simple solution, make the rough more penalizing.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
No doubt but at the same time if there is something to Reed/Spieth somehow working well as a team, why not roll with it?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This guy keeps adding on to his dinkdom.

he's not wrong.

the Reed/Spieth pairing is 4-1-2 at the Ryder Cup and 8-1-3 overall (Ryder and Presidents Cups). Why wouldnt he expect that they'd be paired up again.

He also has a valid point on wondering why he didnt play in all the matches. Not gonna get into the speculation as to why, but not maximizing him is a mistake, period.

Like him or not, Reed is by far the best match play golfer on the team. He has the confidence and mindset you need to win at it and it carries him to consistently great play in the Ryder and President's Cups.

The stories coming out sound like the inmates made the decisions more than Furyk being in charge and telling them what was going to happen.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Reed was in poor form coming in to these matches. Did you see his Saturday morning match ? Possibly the worst individual performance in Ryder Cup play that I've ever seen. He played well Sunday but for him to not understand why he was benched is childish on his part.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Reed was in poor form coming in to these matches. Did you see his Saturday morning match ? Possibly the worst individual performance in Ryder Cup play that I've ever seen. He played well Sunday but for him to not understand why he was benched is childish on his part.

match play isnt tournament play. you run Reed out there as much as you can.

Especially since he put Spieth out there 5x despite struggling for 2 months now going cut, cut, T42, T9, T60, T12, T25, T12, T55

breaking up the Reed/Spieth duo still makes zero sense

Last edited:

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Disagree. Read the reports of the practice rounds before the Ryder Cup started. Many journalists said Reed's game was off and that he didn't look right. Also Spieth and Thomas carried the US side , there was no way Furyk could split them up.

I think playing Phil with Bryson in alternate shot was a bone head move because Phil can't drive it with any accuracy. That course was set up to punish you if you found the rough. If you are going to play Phil it has to be 4 ball.

Hindsight is always 20/20 when it comes to pairings and matchups. At the end of the day I think the Ryder Cup just means more to them than it does to us.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Disagree. Read the reports of the practice rounds before the Ryder Cup started. Many journalists said Reed's game was off and that he didn't look right. Also Spieth and Thomas carried the US side , there was no way Furyk could split them up.

I think playing Phil with Bryson in alternate shot was a bone head move because Phil can't drive it with any accuracy. That course was set up to punish you if you found the rough. If you are going to play Phil it has to be 4 ball.

Hindsight is always 20/20 when it comes to pairings and matchups. At the end of the day I think the Ryder Cup just means more to them than it does to us.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I found it humorous that just a day after you posted this (which is actually pretty true on the course)
DJ and Brooks are awesome but are total boring drips
This happened:
Report: DJ, Koepka nearly fight in Euro team room

"Golf Channel insider Tim Rosaforte on Tuesday's "Morning Drive" confirmed that Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka had to be separated in the European team room on Sunday night of the Ryder Cup. Multiple sources also revealed to Golf Channel that the incident occurred."

Report: Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka in near fight | Golf Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad