OT: Official Golf Thread II

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
jumped in on a British Open pool at work, 30 of us and I picked in the 28th spot:thumbd:

Grabbed Fleetwood, Kisner and Aphibarnrat simply cuz I like his name:laugh:

Pickings get slim when your picking where I did

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
on the bright side, the Open is the biggest crap shoot of the majors and produces the most "who?" winners

it sure is. It`s by far the major I enjoy least watching. I have never been a fan of links golf. Now, to be fair my only real experience in playing a true links course has come on my visits to Cape Breton where I played:

Golf at Cabot Cliffs | Cabot Links

and this

Authentic Cape Breton Links Golf | Cabot Links

Stunning views and I broke 90 both days which isn`t easy in very tough conditions and I`ll never forget the experience but still doesn`t mean it`s the kind of course I enjoy, way too much bump and run crap for this guy

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
it sure is. It`s by far the major I enjoy least watching. I have never been a fan of links golf. Now, to be fair my only real experience in playing a true links course has come on my visits to Cape Breton where I played:

Golf at Cabot Cliffs | Cabot Links

and this

Authentic Cape Breton Links Golf | Cabot Links

Stunning views and I broke 90 both days which isn`t easy in very tough conditions and I`ll never forget the experience but still doesn`t mean it`s the kind of course I enjoy, way too much bump and run crap for this guy
That's funny, my oldest son went there with several of his college teammates just a couple of weeks ago. He LOVED it. They played both courses. 5 rounds in three days.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Shot the round of my life last week scoring a 35 on a short easy 9 hole course...
Came back to earth with a more in line score for me with a 49 on another 9 holer a few days ago...
Heading back out to another 9 hole course again today.

I think golf is one of the purest forms of hope in the world.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's funny, my oldest son went there with several of his college teammates just a couple of weeks ago. He LOVED it. They played both courses. 5 rounds in three days.
oh it`s beautiful, just not a links fan

Played yesterday, rainy here which is odd, fired an 85 which I didn`t mind considering the conditions

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Shot the round of my life last week scoring a 35 on a short easy 9 hole course...
Came back to earth with a more in line score for me with a 49 on another 9 holer a few days ago...
Heading back out to another 9 hole course again today.

I think golf is one of the purest forms of hope in the world.

35, whether it`s on a "short easy 9 hole course" or otherwise is still 35. Regardless the length or difficulty of the course, you still have to hit shots and anything can go wrong

OT, all 3 of Fleetwood, Kisner and Aphibarnrat all on the good side of par for me for my Open pool picks

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
first time in many years I called er` quits after 9, just one of those days where everything is hit poorly so after 9 I thanked those in the foursome and wished them a good back nine. Sometimes you just have to know when self punishment isn`t worth it

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Going to play 9 in a little over an hour. Wish me luck, new driver w no time on it. Going to try and slow myself down, be more deliberate.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Go on Shane Lowry, 2019 Open Champion. Great to have another Irish Major winner. There won't be a cow milked in County Offaly tonight!

Reactions: shoulders7

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Off to play today after a 3 day layoff since the dumpster fire I produced on the front 9 last week before I called it quits due to not wanting to subject the others in my group to horrific play.

What`s that saying? "Clear eyes, full hearts can`t lose"

Yeah, we`ll see:laugh:

Won the Open pool, nobody picked Lowry which really surprised me, not a big pool, only won $75 but I`ll take it on the back of my guy Fleetwood

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Went out over the weekend at a wedding party and played 18 before all the drinking/festivities took place. Pretty narrow course and hilly greens, but a fun course to play. I shot a 43 and 44. I really liked the way I struck the ball,had a few bad holes that I'd like to blame it on some bad luck with a few unfortunate rolls/bounces, some limbs of the trees sticking out just a millimeter to far:laugh:, but when I go back and look at it, I had a lot of favorable bounces here and there as well where it all equaled out, but this will be the last time I bring those up.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
what kind?

Used Callaway Rogue, 9 degree from Golf and Ski Warehouse; have had very intermittent customer service from them. But was cranking the driver.

If I can fix my approach and chipping game, I’ll be pretty happy.

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lower the loft, more difficulty of accuracy. More loft is more forgiving but if you got the swing then lower loft lets you rip it.

I hit a reasonably straight ball but I still like setting my driver up on a 10.5

Hit one of my first 300 yd drive, short 466 yd Par 5 yesterday, wind behind us and I hit the ball perfectly but it also hit the downslope upon landing that I never hit with no wind. Proceeded to hit approach way too deep, just misjudged the wind and still wound up with only a par but the foresome ahead of us were a group we knew and when I got to my ball they had put my ball on a tee at about the 166 mark

Man is it a different game when you hit big, something I experience so rarely

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad