OT: Official Golf Thread II

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I have been a yo yo with my last 4 rounds

76 84 78 86

my life so far this year too.

76, 82, 84, 79, 78

Swing isnt back yet from the shoulder surgery, so playing through mis hits. It was my back shoulder, so picked up a bad habit of sweeping across the ball open.

Good news is my scramble game is getting a workout, and being able to do nothing but putt all day for 6 months is paying dividends

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
my life so far this year too.

76, 82, 84, 79, 78

Swing isnt back yet from the shoulder surgery, so playing through mis hits. It was my back shoulder, so picked up a bad habit of sweeping across the ball open.

Good news is my scramble game is getting a workout, and being able to do nothing but putt all day for 6 months is paying dividends

Then you get the swing back and the short game goes to hell.

"What does PMI even mean Rick!"

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I've only been able to golf like twice in the last 5 years and maybe a half dozen times in the last 10, do to kids playing sports and traveling. Finally get to hit the links with some regularity this summer and surprisingly so, the results have been rather encouraging. The one thing I haven't lost, which I was almost near certain, I would was my drive. I was constantly a 300-320 yard man, at times more depending on roll,weather etc.( I was a must for the captain and Crew tournaments ) Well its still there and I've actually driven a few par 4 greens, but my putting been horrendous so far.

Anyways I've had a few rounds of 80 and mainly anywhere between 80-88, which i'll take and hoping by the end of the Summer Ill be able to be in the 70's a few times.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Been mostly playing 9 hole rounds for the past 2 weeks but I got out for 18 today and managed to get down to 82. Things seem to be clicking right now and the ball is traveling relatively far for me. Not really sure why, but hopefully I can keep it up.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
All you *******s shooting in the 80s, or even lower make me want to puke! ;)

Haha, it`s a bloody tough game and one where it`s rare to improve at if you aren`t playing or practicing. There are some who can put the clubs down, pick em` up whenever and play great, I`m not one of them.

I was playing about a month ago, not playing well either, was paired with some terrific guys visiting the Island as part of their golf getaway, feeling a bit sorry for myself I said to one of the guys that I was pretty disappointed with my game, he looked at me and said that he`d gladly trade my "disappointing" game for his any day of the week. I quickly pushed aside the little internal tantrum I was having, my bad game was still an 86/87, the majority of golfers never sniff breaking 100, I need to remember that

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Haha, it`s a bloody tough game and one where it`s rare to improve at if you aren`t playing or practicing. There are some who can put the clubs down, pick em` up whenever and play great, I`m not one of them.

I was playing about a month ago, not playing well either, was paired with some terrific guys visiting the Island as part of their golf getaway, feeling a bit sorry for myself I said to one of the guys that I was pretty disappointed with my game, he looked at me and said that he`d gladly trade my "disappointing" game for his any day of the week. I quickly pushed aside the little internal tantrum I was having, my bad game was still an 86/87, the majority of golfers never sniff breaking 100, I need to remember that
I remember shooting in the mid-90's back when I was in my 20s, but I'm not sure I remember how many mulligans I gave myself. Then I stopped playing regularly when the kids came around. When I started playing again after my kids got older, I've consistently been in the low 100s (and have been pretty strict about playing to the rules). I want to get back into the 90s and have been close a number of times, but haven't gotten there. I took lessons prior to a golf trip a couple of years ago, and think I want to take some lessons here. We'll see if it does any good, but you're right, playing consistently is the most important thing to improving.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
76 today. 1 off my personal best.

Rushed my way through the back 9 and really blew it on the last 2 holes

It's crazy how much better I play the hotter it gets

Reactions: TCB

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Shot one of the more frustrating 83's of my life over the weekend. Very short course should have been in the 77-79 range, never scored more than a 5 on any hole, unfortunately one was on a par 3.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I used to golf. One course in Portland, Oregon absolutely ruined me.

It compacked its holes together so tight that the tee for your hole is next to the green for the previous/next hole. So people were constantly yelling "FORE" cause they sliced just enough for the ball to miss the green and arc straight for you head.

I was having a stressful week and my game was showing it. By a 1/3 way through the course I had yelled Fore at least 10 times and almost killed 3 guys.

Tossed my clubs in the woods and have not played since.

PS: What starved hockey fans will do in the summer. A golf thread? :sigh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I remember shooting in the mid-90's back when I was in my 20s, but I'm not sure I remember how many mulligans I gave myself. Then I stopped playing regularly when the kids came around. When I started playing again after my kids got older, I've consistently been in the low 100s (and have been pretty strict about playing to the rules). I want to get back into the 90s and have been close a number of times, but haven't gotten there. I took lessons prior to a golf trip a couple of years ago, and think I want to take some lessons here. We'll see if it does any good, but you're right, playing consistently is the most important thing to improving.

good luck to you, IMO, the toughest sport to produce solid results in when not playing with any regularity. In my last few rounds I have made a very serious commitment to slowing down my swing, never trying to hit a hard 7 iron when an easy 6 is the better choice. I have also made a commitment to taking my time prior to hitting the ball, whether it`s on the green, tee box or fairways, I never take a practice swing but I`m now taking that extra second to make sure my feet and body are aimed at the bloody target I want to hit, started an exercise where I actually stand as though I`m about to address the ball, put my club down where my feet are, step behind the club for a quick look, it`s shocking how often I was aimed incorrectly, got away with it to a degree but my accuracy has become far better in recent weeks

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
76 today. 1 off my personal best.

Rushed my way through the back 9 and really blew it on the last 2 holes

It's crazy how much better I play the hotter it gets

That's awesome!

Went out last night and I couldn't control my drive at all, it was all over the place and I ended up with a 93, totally frustrating.:laugh:

Go back out this morning and shoot a 38 on the first nine and that's with a triple Boogie and followed it up with a 40 for a 78, but that's golf in a nut shell, at least for me.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

It compacked its holes together so tight that the tee for your hole is next to the green for the previous/next hole. So people were constantly yelling "FORE" cause they sliced just enough for the ball to miss the green and arc straight for you head.

I was having a stressful week and my game was showing it. By a 1/3 way through the course I had yelled Fore at least 10 times and almost killed 3 guys.

No one made you come in here

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

This thread is open year round, much like the golf courses in my area:naughty:

You really should pick the sticks up again and try a course with a better layout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad