OT: Official Golf Thread II

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Unreal, not so sure I thought we`d see him on tour again just a few years ago. Watched Jack`s unlikely win in 1986, thought Tiger`s game was rounding into form last year but not to the point he`d keep up with the younger players but man o man, whatta day and win.

Great to see

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
IT FITS!!!!

upload_2019-4-14_14-52-48.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why do they give the jacket inside the cabin now? They used to do it outside...

The Masters moved up tee times in hopes of a Sunday finish. While the tournament is trying its best to avoid a Monday return, there's one tradition that will be sacrificed on Sunday.

On Sunday, officials announced that the Green Jacket Ceremony held on the terrace putting green has been canceled. The club said this was in order to expedite gate closures at tournament's end.

"Weather permitting, we will have photos with the champion on the putting green following the Butler Cabin Green Jacket presentation," the Masters said in a statement. "We will provide everyone a produced CBS feed of activity, so it is not necessary for press with video cameras/tripods to attend."

Reactions: GabeTravels

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I really want to like golf but i find it to be so frustrating. Juuuuuust missing the hole would send me into such a Happy Gilmore style destruction that I’d be banned.

That said, this is pretty impressive to watch.

To quote Tin Cup

“Golf and sex are the two things in life that you don’t have to be good at to enjoy “

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Between my work week, including yesterday, and then sleeping in to catch up (not knowing the tee times got moved up), I saw very very little. So happy for Tiger though. I met him and his dad back in 99 at the Grand Slam of Golf in Hawaii. he was kinda quiet and reserved, but his dad was quite the character. Fluff too. This is exactly what golf needed.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Greatest playoff comeback yes.
But a champion at 43 with a messed up life and multiple back surgeries to win the greatest major of them all again

This is it

I'd say it's 2nd only to Jack's 86 Masters win in golf

46 years old, and 5 back at the turn on Sunday. Was 4 back standing on the 15th tee, and proceeded to go Eagle-Birdie-Birdie-Par to win by 1. Overall he shot a 30 on the back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hope this doesn`t overshadow Tiger`s Master`s win however, I posted a nice 83 today:laugh:

Had the game going pretty good, really only 3 swings that likely cost me 4 shots with one having me in the deep woods where I required 2 shots to get out of.

Playing tomorrow too, likely shoot a 95

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
shot another 83 yesterday at a course I hadn`t played before, solid front with a 40 taking a double on the 9th hole, a simple, downhill par 3 where nobody in my group even saw my ball land, was the oddest thing, sun was right in our eyes but to have all 4 of us not see the ball was odd. Last I saw it was drawing in really nicely towards the pin, couldn`t find it anywhere, penalty stroke then missed a putt and left it 6 feet past the hole as I was still a bit annoyed.

Back nine was fine too until I got to a par 5 and hit it through the fairway into the woods, rather than be rational and take an unplayable, nope, this dummy thought he could easily pitch it out, that was a disaster, took an 8 on the hole and finished the back nine with a 43 but happy with the way I`m hitting the ball

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
havent been able to finish an full 18 yet. max so far is 16...hooray for shoulder surgery recovery (lefty golfer, had my left bicep reattached late October).

scrambling pretty well and the game is starting to come back. But my power is not there yet, about 1.5 clubs down in distance. The back shoulder doesn't want to turn over and drive, so stuck getting a lot of sweep across the face slices.

the full 9s I've gotten in so far were 41, 41, 44. So at least I know my scramble game is unaffected. Also silver lining is all i could do all winter was putt, so my short game is carrying me

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
havent been able to finish an full 18 yet. max so far is 16...hooray for shoulder surgery recovery (lefty golfer, had my left bicep reattached late October).

scrambling pretty well and the game is starting to come back. But my power is not there yet, about 1.5 clubs down in distance. The back shoulder doesn't want to turn over and drive, so stuck getting a lot of sweep across the face slices.

the full 9s I've gotten in so far were 41, 41, 44. So at least I know my scramble game is unaffected. Also silver lining is all i could do all winter was putt, so my short game is carrying me

coming off shoulder surgery those are good numbers, I`m a lefty too, just starting to learn how to fade the ball, my biggest issue with the irons is I`m a naturally left to right player but too often that draw turns into a pull and gets me into trouble. Slowly but surely learning to take the time to practice on working the ball right to left when needed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad