OT: Official Golf Thread II

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well I’m hoping like hell no drugs or alcohol were involved. I’m not even a huge golf guy but that was a terrible notification to get

They said Tiger was alert enough at the scene to ask that someone contact his manager to pick up his stuff. So it doesn't sound like he was messed up on anything. That's obviously pending a toxicology report, but the initial reports sound like he was just driving too fast. They already said there was no booze involved and that they didn't find anything illicit at the crash scene either.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I wish he had taken a decade off five years ago for himself and then come back and dominated the Senior Tour.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
They said Tiger was alert enough at the scene to ask that someone contact his manager to pick up his stuff. So it doesn't sound like he was messed up on anything. That's obviously pending a toxicology report, but the initial reports sound like he was just driving too fast. They already said there was no booze involved and that they didn't find anything illicit at the crash scene either.

I hope that more good news keeps coming out.

Reactions: LSCII and Alicat

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Certainly good news there.
I hate to say “only” a leg injury but I’ve seen less bad looking accidents end much worse.

first hope is a full recovery
Second is that it doesn’t drag him into a bad spot mentally.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Certainly good news there.
I hate to say “only” a leg injury but I’ve seen less bad looking accidents end much worse.

first hope is a full recovery
Second is that it doesn’t drag him into a bad spot mentally.
Hopefully they come up with a multidisciplinary care plan.

Honestly, if anyone can defy the odds it is Tiger Woods

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ESPN/Fox NOW reporting Woods was scheduled for a production shoot/meeting that also involves Saints QB Drew Brees when the accident occurred

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sleep or phone.... :/

Could still be an animal, was there a fish crossing sign nearby?
No idea just that the location is a known speed area.

That whole press conference was reporter amateur hour. Someone actually asked if they drew his blood for testing at the scene and if he could stand up after the officer described his injuries.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
No idea just that the location is a known speed area.

That whole press conference was reporter amateur hour. Someone actually asked if they drew his blood for testing at the scene and if he could stand up after the officer described his injuries.

HAHAHAHA

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Must watch TV on Sunday afternoons when was playing with mere mortals. I think Ernie Els said....it wasn't a fair fight out there today !

Hope he recovers quickly & thinking about his children tonight.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tiger won't need that tour anyway... icon status you'll see him do what he's been doing when not active....
agreed and I don`t think he`s the kind of guy who craves the spotlight that much that he needs to play senior tour events. I think for him it`s PGA or nothing

No clue if we`ll ever see him again and despite the reports about his injuries sustained, just when I count him out , the guy does something remarkable but at this stage, I just hope he gets healthy and focuses on the things that are truly important.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
agreed and I don`t think he`s the kind of guy who craves the spotlight that much that he needs to play senior tour events. I think for him it`s PGA or nothing

No clue if we`ll ever see him again and despite the reports about his injuries sustained, just when I count him out , the guy does something remarkable but at this stage, I just hope he gets healthy and focuses on the things that are truly important.
IT'S ONE OF THE RARE TIMES that a story like this gets eyeballs on NBC Universal's Golf Channel, not just the traditional news outlets

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
IT'S ONE OF THE RARE TIMES that a story like this gets eyeballs on NBC Universal's Golf Channel, not just the traditional news outlets
no doubt, the years where Tiger was absent through injury and/or looking after himself, I literally stopped watching the game, simply void of any players with real personalities outside a few. I grew up watching Stadler, Zoeller, Jacobsen and others, where it was the norm to see them do something funny and in Fuzzy`s case, something disrespectful but the tour had personality

We lived in Oakville for a few years and my old man and I had weekend passes to the Canadian Open which, at that time, attracted some of the best players, we followed Fuzzy around a few holes, jumped to another part of the course to follow Lee Trevino who was late in his career, the two of them were yakking constantly to fans, it was crazy and fun

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sounds like he got lucky that the bones he broke were the tibia (shin) and fibula (side of leg). Not an easy recovery but it is a hell of a lot easier than if he had broken his femur (thigh bone)

I'd be more concerned about the ankle to be honest. Pure speculation but I wouldn't be shocked to hear that he ends up having a full ankle replacement in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->