[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Does Edmonton have a history of standing around while McDavid gets his head smashed onto the ice and doing absolutely nothing about it?

No? Then your post is as useless as the Canucks valuing 2 points over letting teams know not to mess around with their franchise player.

Wow, blatantly ignoring reality. The Oilers would NEVER stand up for McDavid, thats why it happens all the time. Give your head a shake.

Like this?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
This team is overachieving why would we fire Travis. Yes I am not happy Either with some of his treatment with our younger players but either way we are winning games. Last season yes some players started off with no ice time but as they started pushing themselves and playing too there potential they earned more and more ice time and I imagine it will be more of the same this season too

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
He does seem to be doing the Willie thing of giving ice to "notable Benning acquisitions" irrespective of actual play, doesn't he.

How much of that is self-preservation instinct, how much of it is true belief, and how much of it is direct instruction, I wonder?
You're conspicuously leaving out the possibility of your own confirmation bias.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
That's insulting to dumb things. The deeper we get into this rebuild, the less I'm starting to be embarrassed by the organization and the more I'm getting embarrassed by the fan base.

While we certainly don't have the worst fans in hockey, they're pretty high up there.

A lot of people became fans of hockey in 2011 and don't understand the game a whit.

That said, many people who got into it then took the time to understand the game. Maybe even like watching hockey games the Canucks aren't playing, or play the game themselves.

But yeah, we have one of the worst fanbases in professional sports. At least online.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
While we certainly don't have the worst fans in hockey, they're pretty high up there.

But yeah, we have one of the worst fanbases in professional sports. At least online.

why don't you guys seek therapy for your self-loathing and depression rather than projecting it on the rest of us? Or maybe spend like literally five seconds paying attention to the fans of any other pro sports team.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
I heard that there is a popular social media platform where there are "true" Canuck fans who think Gudbranson is an amazing defence man. Maybe a good place for the real fans to go.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I heard that there is a popular social media platform where there are "true" Canuck fans who think Gudbranson is an amazing defence man. Maybe a good place for the real fans to go.

Nobody is saying that Gudbranson is an amazing defense man, but please keep on keeping on and don't let that get in the way of your strawman.
why don't you guys seek therapy for your self-loathing and depression rather than projecting it on the rest of us? Or maybe spend like literally five seconds paying attention to the fans of any other pro sports team.
Yeah, not enjoying reading the same dull negativity by people who don't play or understand hockey must mean that I am depressed and self-loathing. Flawless logic, mate.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
They would need to spend longer than 5 seconds.
Cant read more than maybe 2 posts... and that's only if the page loads right away...

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
LOL!

Edler and Tanev are averaging 22:20 and 21:57 of ice-time a game. Hardly taxing minutes for top-pair defenseman.
Especially since they are both on track to win Iron Man Awards.
Do you actually follow this team????

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I'm not really sure I like his whole "Lines in a Blender" approach. It feels like nobody has any chemistry or offensive composure, and the most obvious explanation to that is that the lines are changed 3-4 times per game.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We will trade you Carlyle for him.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He does seem to be doing the Willie thing of giving ice to "notable Benning acquisitions" irrespective of actual play, doesn't he.

How much of that is self-preservation instinct, how much of it is true belief, and how much of it is direct instruction, I wonder?

Who are the "notable Benning acquisitions?" There's hardly anyone left on the roster who isn't a Benning acquisition and even the ones who are not Benning gave big extensions to, with the exception of Edler who Green loves.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Green has an unusual obsession with bad players. There really isn't any point in firing him at this stage since the roster is a mess anyway. But I think I said the same thing about Desjardins so you never know.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Green has an unusual obsession with bad players. There really isn't any point in firing him at this stage since the roster is a mess anyway. But I think I said the same thing about Desjardins so you never know.
Keeping the perpetual AHL coach around is one of the reasons by the big Russian ain't playing for the Canucks. Blame weed for the other reason.:sarcasm:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Is there only one year left on his contract after this year? *fingers crossed*

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Keeping the perpetual AHL coach around is one of the reasons by the big Russian ain't playing for the Canucks. Blame weed for the other reason.:sarcasm:
I do know that Tryamkin wasn't a fan of Willie...but I'm sure he has no problem with Green ?..Was there a new development there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad