[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2017
Well that has been speculated by canucks fans but I haven’t seen any press from Green or the players saying this? I’m certain he didn’t say don’t hit him or beak him lol. Maybe I missed something though
I just know nobody did sweet eff all. I’m assuming that came from the boss. I have to believe it or else I’ll have to otherwise assume that not one of the players cared. I’d rather believe they acquiesced to Green, as the authority.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I am not a fan of Green as well. The thing is I don't understand is he has this reputation of being good at developing young players. So who has he developed? Horvat Pettersson Boeser will produce regardless of the coach.

Hutton and Stecher both played worst under Green than Willy.

Virtanen is developing in slow motion right now.

There is not even one regular non Canucks 1st round pick on the roster right now.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I am not a fan of Green as well. The thing is I don't understand is he has this reputation of being good at developing young players. So who has he developed? Horvat Pettersson Boeser will produce regardless of the coach.

There is not even one regular non Canucks 1st round pick on the roster right now.

Hutton and Strecher did regress, but this is one thing that I don't blame Green. They never did have top 4 potential, they are #5/6 at best.

Last edited:

Beers

Oct 16, 2018
Travis Green clearly must go. By refusing to demand that his players stand up for their star rookie he has waived the white flag for the entire NHL to see. Now every team knows they can headhunt the Canucks' skilled players with impunity. The end result will be more injured players and shortened careers. It's probably best for Pettersson to be buried in the AHL or Sweden for a few years until he bulks up enough to defend himself, because his coach and teammates lack the collective spine to protect him. Just pathetic.

Reactions: Andre Boudrias

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The question, for me, is who picked the team and thought Petterson would be okay? That guy has to go!
EP himself picked himself to be on the team...He's been the best player on the team...He was totally fine,until he was slammed to the ice...

Not sure what you're getting at?...We shouldn't have selected him?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Same story in Utica.

Every promising rookie pro he was handed foundered.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Same story in Utica.

Every promising rookie pro he was handed foundered.
Now was that the coach or the GMs that caused this situation? I’d blame Gillis and Benning for providing sh!tty players. No coach could make Subban, Virtanen, Shink and Gaunce successful imo.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Can anyone tell me why Pettersson won’t be targeted in the first game he returns to the lineup?

If he’s the only reason that the Canucks win games, and the players won’t defend him, it’s only logical for the other teams to target him and try to take him out again.

I see no reason why this wouldn’t happen every game he plays.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Can anyone tell me why Pettersson won’t be targeted in the first game he returns to the lineup?

If he’s the only reason that the Canucks win games, and the players won’t defend him, it’s only logical for the other teams to target him and try to take him out again.

Get over it, there’s a game on.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Goldobin played his heart out tonight. He was the most physical I've ever seen him. He was the best Canuck forward on the ice. Created chances everywhere and Green kicks him in the balls like that? What is this man smoking? I'm getting ready to get back on the fire Green bandwagon for another spin.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Goldobin played his heart out tonight. He was the most physical I've ever seen him. He was the best Canuck forward on the ice. Created chances everywhere and Green kicks him in the balls like that? What is this man smoking? I'm getting ready to get back on the fire Green bandwagon for another spin.

Why don’t you support your team’s coach?

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
Why don’t you support your team’s coach?

He's not a true fan. A true fan will stick by everything the Canucks do regardless of the outcome. Cheer on all the useless players, defend the mgt at all costs and wave pompoms whenever the coach is attacked.

If he can't agree with what the coach does or think, he can find another team to follow. This is the Canucks dammit! Turn that frown upside down, keep quiet and enjoy these glorious years.

Reactions: GoldyNuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
He's not a true fan. A true fan will stick by everything the Canucks do regardless of the outcome. Cheer on all the useless players, defend the mgt at all costs and wave pompoms whenever the coach is attacked.

If he can't agree with what the coach does or think, he can find another team to follow. This is the Canucks dammit! Turn that frown upside down, keep quiet and enjoy these glorious years.
Looks like youve missed the point AGAIN :shakehead

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I get "coach speak" and all that stuff. But it seems to me that this guy is so full of shit when he takes the podium it makes my ears bleed.

Reactions: Jack Burton

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat

Good call. Maybe Edmonton should think of scratching McDavid too in case other teams target him.

Reactions: Zippgunn

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Good call. Maybe Edmonton should think of scratching McDavid too in case other teams target him.

Does Edmonton have a history of standing around while McDavid gets his head smashed onto the ice and doing absolutely nothing about it?

No? Then your post is as useless as the Canucks valuing 2 points over letting teams know not to mess around with their franchise player.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

Wow, blatantly ignoring reality. The Oilers would NEVER stand up for McDavid, thats why it happens all the time. Give your head a shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->