[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Green is a very textbook kind of guy. He will always go with whats safe. No changes to lineups that won a game. Bench young guys who make bad plays. Doesnt get too high or low on anything. Hes just what he is an average NHL coach.

I think Green is below average actually. Does he put players into their spots to succeed using the talents they are blesses with? I think he is a “jam square pegs into round holes” coach.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I think Green is below average actually. Does he put players into their spots to succeed using the talents they are blesses with? I think he is a “jam square pegs into round holes” coach.

He is right now but I think next year is a defining year for him. Does he learn and adapt or does he stay the same?

I still think he has potential.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He is right now but I think next year is a defining year for him. Does he learn and adapt or does he stay the same?

I still think he has potential.

I do agree with potential providing he does adapt. I remember ?Gillis giving AV (I think it was 2010?) the directive to adapt and coach an offensive style. I hope ?Green gets a similar directive.

Reactions: mossey3535

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I like Green and I think he's been exactly what the team needed in a transitional time, but I think they're going to have to move on from him sooner rather than later. I just don't think he's experienced or savvy enough to implement a consistently winning system next to some of the better coaches in the league. We should have probably jumped at AV, Q, or any other of the experienced winning coaches that went on the wire recently. I still like Green and would like to see him stay in the org in some capacity, but yeah. I dont think there's any team that wins a cup with him behind the bench, and thats what matters.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
His voice is vomit inducing. Imagine being a pro hockey player having to listen to this guy pretend like he knows what he's talking about..

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
His voice is vomit inducing. Imagine being a pro hockey player having to listen to this guy pretend like he knows what he's talking about..

You a buddy of Louie Eriksson? Green has played over 1000 NHL games when you include playoff games. If there's one thing that seems consistent is that players seem to know where they stand with Green.

With that said, he's not a coach who can coach a bad team into the playoffs. The question is whether he can coach this team to the playoffs.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Green's lovefest with Josh Leivo is nauseating.

Every coach has their favourites. I think there are a few guys in the doghouse who ought'nt be, and a few guys getting preferential treatment, Leivo being an example of the latter.

My question is, who would be a better coach that is currently available? I'm not trying to disturb a turd here, but I want to know if anyone has a solution, as I'm not a huge Green fan. I wasn't a Torts or Desjardins or AV fan either, but what do I know.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Green's lovefest with Josh Leivo is nauseating.
I disagree. Tho Leivo has frustrated me I would give him more rope, he does a lotta little things right tho he has blown some BIG chances lately

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
He's gotta be excited with Motte coming back, he's almost got his preferred roster...just sub out Jake Virtanen when Roussel is back and that's Travis' vision for the team. Not really my cup of tea, I'd prefer more skill but he's gotta coach for his future in the league. We'll see how she goes I guess.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The fact that people can even focus on how moderately underwhelming Green has been while guys like Benning and Weisbrod are still around is nauseating, IMO.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
The fact that people can even focus on how moderately underwhelming Green has been while guys like Benning and Weisbrod are still around is nauseating, IMO.
I think Benning has been making moves with a significant amount of input from Green. The bench leads the team in minor penalties so far.

He prefers grinders, and the way he runs the bench is an issue for me: Brandon Sutter leads the league in offensive zone start % for example.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I think Benning has been making moves with a significant amount of input from Green. The bench leads the team in minor penalties so far.

He prefers grinders, and the way he runs the bench is an issue for me: Brandon Sutter leads the league in offensive zone start % for example.

Where do you see that?

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

I see Boeser is 16th in the league for O starts with 23
Pettersson 38th with 20
Miller 46th with 19
Horvat 107th with 19
Pearson at 180th with 10
and at 255th you have Leivo, Gaudette and Sutter tied with 7 offensive zone starts.

Edit.. I see you said %... well.. the raw numbers show how useless % numbers are if it's somehow spun Sutter as the #1 offensive zone start% in the league. (but even this says he's at 41%)

Reactions: Gormo

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
If Green keeps Hughes on the 2nd pp unit. Hughes will have no chance to win the Calder. 4 games and not even 1 ppg for the first unit. It's time for Green to put Hughes on the 1st unit.

It's not Green's job to help Hughes win the Calder; it's his job to coach this team to wins...

Reactions: Gormo

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Where do you see that?

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

I see Boeser is 16th in the league for O starts with 23
Pettersson 38th with 20
Miller 46th with 19
Horvat 107th with 19
Pearson at 180th with 10
and at 255th you have Leivo, Gaudette and Sutter tied with 7 offensive zone starts.

Edit.. I see you said %... well.. the raw numbers show how useless % numbers are if it's somehow spun Sutter as the #1 offensive zone start% in the league. (but even this says he's at 41%)
I stole it from a tweet I read....didn't fact check it. Apologies for the misinformation.

To be fair, the tweet was a screenshot, so I didn't assume it was doctored.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
What’s stood out to me most this season are the board passes. Every time our defencemen can’t find someone open, they just throw it at the boards. It’s creating a lot of turnovers and they need to work on these passes a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad