Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Question: What to make with McCann? Trocheck Injured he can´t go the next Step to play 2nd Line Role. And with Lamminko playing up this Year and Sceviour with Years left on his Contract, is there enough place to keep or play with McCann?

We dont know where Lamminkos maximum reach is in the Way he can play the Game. maybe we dont know if he reach 25 years of Age. But we can see current that McCann Game is limited on i say, max.3rd Line PK Play.
I’m not sure. McCann has good speed, a good shot and some puck handling skills. But he doesn’t see beyond the current play and maybe the next one. Along the boards he’s a bit weak and (like a lot of NHL players) always seems to go the safe route: through the nonexistent gap between the opposing player and the boards.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Edmonton fan here. Going through your boards, people seem to be split on Ekblad. He's obviously got excellent trade value due to his 1st overall draft pedigree and calder trophy win.

Realistically, if Tallon wanted to pull the trigger on a major trade, what is the asking price from Edmonton to acquire Aaron?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Edmonton fan here. Going through your boards, people seem to be split on Ekblad. He's obviously got excellent trade value due to his 1st overall draft pedigree and calder trophy win.

Realistically, if Tallon wanted to pull the trigger on a major trade, what is the asking price from Edmonton to acquire Aaron?
Taylor Hall lol

Jokes aside, I’m not sure we are good trade partners. And trading Ekblad leaves a huge hole in our defense.

People are frustrated with him bc he could be really good/prob a true #1 if he worked on his skating. If skating stays the same people don’t like him because he’s overpaid by 2 million a year.

I think if we wanted to trade him he’d have to bring back a top line forward but we don’t really need any additional ones. Maybe a blue chip forward prospect? There’d be no point for you to trade a blue chip d-prospect for him. We’d like a blue chip goalie prospect too but the value isn’t enough for Ekblad.

Matheson is more likely to be had imo.

We have too many quality forwards and forward prospects to be trading a guy like Ekblad and get the value we want.

We need goaltending, top 4 D, bottom 6 forwards who can score and are physical.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Rangers fan here. For those interest in dealing Ekblad, here's an offer:

Brady Skjei (Top 4 LD on nice contract; underperforming this year but nothing of real concern)
Pavel Buchnevich (Top 6 winger, will prob be in 50-60 pt range or higher as he hits his prime - 40s at worst. Has a high ceiling)
Jimmy Vesey (bottom 6 forward who is physical, almost had 20 goals last year and is on pace for 25 this year)
2020 1st Round Pick unprotected (very good chance this lands you a top 10 pick)

Some folks think our backup goalie Georgiev could be a #1 someday, so if you want, replace Vesey in the trade with Georgiev.

Florida would give up Ekblad, but we'll also take Reimer off your hands.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Rahooji

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Brady Skjei (Top 4 LD on nice contract; underperforming this year but nothing of real concern)
Pavel Buchnevich (Top 6 winger, will prob be in 50-60 pt range or higher as he hits his prime - 40s at worst. Has a high ceiling)
Jimmy Vesey (bottom 6 forward who is physical, almost had 20 goals last year and is on pace for 25 this year)

Some folks think our backup goalie Georgiev could be a #1 someday, so if you want, replace Vesey in the trade with Georgiev.

Thoughts?
It’s not an unreasonable offer

Reactions: Rahooji

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Thoughts?

Skjei and the 1st is nice. Not really interested in Buchnevich or Vesey. Maybe Namestnikov?

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Skjei and the 1st is nice. Not really interested in Buchnevich or Vesey. Maybe Namestnikov?

I would absolutely swap in Namestnikov for Buch or Vesey. I think you guys would be crazy to do that, especially with Buch, but yeah.

I know some fellow Ranger fans would think I'm nuts with this offer, but the way I see it: we have a lot of pieces in our system, and FA options, who can replace Buch, Vesey, and Skjei. The 2020 first is a big gamble, especially if it's better than Top 10 - perhaps it can be top 5 protected, or have the same protections the Ottawa pick had (allowing Rangers to defer pick if it is Top 5). Personally, I think the 2019 pick will be better, and I think NYR will be in the better half of teams in 2020, so I'm OK taking that gamble. But the Rangers absolutely need franchise-level talent, and Ekblad at age 22 is too good not to deal for. If Florida would seriously consider trading him, I think NYR could put together an amazing package. The only talent I wouldn't give up is Kravtsov, Chytil, Shestyorkin (might not come over from Russia if he is traded though), the 2019 1st, and maybe K'Andre Miller (unless dealing Miller meant less pieces being involved).

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I would absolutely swap in Namestnikov for Buch or Vesey. I think you guys would be crazy to do that, especially with Buch, but yeah.

I know some fellow Ranger fans would think I'm nuts with this offer, but the way I see it: we have a lot of pieces in our system, and FA options, who can replace Buch, Vesey, and Skjei. The 2020 first is a big gamble, especially if it's better than Top 10 - perhaps it can be top 5 protected, or have the same protections the Ottawa pick had (allowing Rangers to defer pick if it is Top 5). Personally, I think the 2019 pick will be better, and I think NYR will be in the better half of teams in 2020, so I'm OK taking that gamble. But the Rangers absolutely need franchise-level talent, and Ekblad at age 22 is too good not to deal for. If Florida would seriously consider trading him, I think NYR could put together an amazing package. The only talent I wouldn't give up is Kravtsov, Chytil, Shestyorkin (might not come over from Russia if he is traded though), the 2019 1st, and maybe K'Andre Miller (unless dealing Miller meant less pieces being involved).

People hate on him alot. When he was paired with a defensively responsive puck moving defenseman and ekblad just shot he was great. He's struggled with concussions since and developing into our #1. He has showed signs. He is very timely on the power play with his goal production. I would keep him personally but the rangers would be a solid team to trade with.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Thoughts?

Done. Due to the uncertainty of goaltending, I would take Georgiev instead of Vesey.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Thoughts?

Thouhgts, the current GM wouldnt make this move.Overall its an interisting Offer, but Vesey i wouldn´t take him a t all. Bottom 6 maybe a 20 Goal scorer, still never reached it yet, but a bad +/- Player, even for an Bottom 6 Player.

And we need place for our own Prospects. in the next 3 Years i await around 4-5 to make the Team. When refill this places with player of 25 or more, where whould they play then?
We awaite a min. 3rd Line Center in the baddest Outcome, a Top 9 Winger in the baddest Outcome, a stay at Home defensman, another 4th Line center in the baddest Outcome, and i didnt count in Greco and Heppo yet. So you put in another G-Prospect(Panthers always need) or another Pick into the Offer.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Did someone read the Story on the Panther and the expansion??
That Petrovic, Bjugstad, McCann people Panthers will pass on before the expansion?

That Panthers most possible will protect, Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Dadonov and Hoffmann (if they resign), what let only one Player open.
and the problem is that Borgstrom and Tippet both would play already had 2 Year passed on the ELC what makes them avaiable to pick, same as Malgin and Lamminko.

Same Situation with the D-Lines most Likely Ekblad, Yandle, Matheson gets protection, what let Weegar and McCoshen open when he joins the Team.
But the Goalie Situation is pretty clear.

That is know the basic Situation and now the Part who make it complicated, Bjugstad M-NTC. Since the Draft is in the end of the Season, it could count that Bjugstad, could be a must Protect Player since player with NTC must be protected. What makes him for me a 100% trade candidate, if we have to protect him on his last Year M-NTC. But im not 100% how this will count in the expansion Draft.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
No chance the Panthers trade Ekblad he may not be the Doughty superstar that we all wanted but their is not a doubt that he is a consistent top pairing dman. And if you think he is overpaid wait till you see the free agent signings coming in the next couple of years before and after Seattle expansion. His contract will look like a steal.

People hate on his skating all the time here but it really isn’t anywhere near as bad as people want to make it sound. The guy is a good player period trading him would leave a massive hole in an area that is already out biggest weakness no chance it happens.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Here’s a fantasty transaction...

Call up Monty
Call up Greco
Call up Jayce
I’d give Monty a try. And I'd bring back MacD before those other two. Also I thought Hunt did better than I expected, why did they lose patience?

Flemieux

Dec 9, 2018
Hello everybody!

Long time Panthers/Flyers -fan from Finland posting here for the first time even though I've been following HFBoards for years now, never willing to sign up until now. :) I got to admit (being finnish) that I strongly focused in following Cats after they drafted Sasha Barkov at the 2013 entry draft way back and since then I've watched almost all of his games with the Panthers organization.

One little problem that comes to mind when watching Panthers play powerplay (even though it's been pretty good lately) is Sasha being at the position where he shouldn't be but where he is because there just isn't anyone else who could do that as well as Sasha does. And that is of course playing as a screen man. Panthers are totally wasting his playmaking skills that way and this might be just me daydreaming but something tradewise should be done.

One option in my opinion could be getting Wayne Simmonds (even though I don't like it as a Philly -fan) from the Flyers in a trade for say 2nd round pick and a prospect maybe? I'd like the Panthers to get rid of Bjugstad but I don't like the idea of having him in Philly. :laugh: I'm not sure about Wayne's exact value right now but he's always been very much liked in Philly and he is playing his contract's final year and still has plenty of hockey ahead of him. Simmonds is a perfect fit to a team that lacks power forwards, those guys that totally crashes the net, willing to do anything to screen the goalie and loves to fight for space.

In my opinion it's a power forward this team needs so they can boost up their powerplays even more with Sasha playing at his rightful PP -spot at the wing. Peace!

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Hello everybody!

Long time Panthers/Flyers -fan from Finland posting here for the first time even though I've been following HFBoards for years now, never willing to sign up until now. :) I got to admit (being finnish) that I strongly focused in following Cats after they drafted Sasha Barkov at the 2013 entry draft way back and since then I've watched almost all of his games with the Panthers organization.

One little problem that comes to mind when watching Panthers play powerplay (even though it's been pretty good lately) is Sasha being at the position where he shouldn't be but where he is because there just isn't anyone else who could do that as well as Sasha does. And that is of course playing as a screen man. Panthers are totally wasting his playmaking skills that way and this might be just me daydreaming but something tradewise should be done.

One option in my opinion could be getting Wayne Simmonds (even though I don't like it as a Philly -fan) from the Flyers in a trade for say 2nd round pick and a prospect maybe? I'd like the Panthers to get rid of Bjugstad but I don't like the idea of having him in Philly. :laugh: I'm not sure about Wayne's exact value right now but he's always been very much liked in Philly and he is playing his contract's final year and still has plenty of hockey ahead of him. Simmonds is a perfect fit to a team that lacks power forwards, those guys that totally crashes the net, willing to do anything to screen the goalie and loves to fight for space.

In my opinion it's a power forward this team needs so they can boost up their powerplays even more with Sasha playing at his rightful PP -spot at the wing. Peace!

We would love Wayne here. We lack grit.. I Al sure a deal can be made. We would love to involve Petro in deal. Gives you some dman grit back.. obvious we add

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
His contract will look like a steal.

Most definitely not. He's probably at the same level as Tyson Barrie is by scoring couple of points here 'n there but allowing at the same time roughly the same amount of points to the opposing team by minor league type mistakes on defense. Plus his skating isn't all that great even with reduced salary i.e. $5.5mil when you consider that he's readjusted his play by keeping the gap wide to the attacking forwards when he obviously can't close in on them because he'll get turnstiled real quick.

However, the Cats can't trade the guy because of his marketing stature, an all-star salary for non all-star effort resulting in piss poor return, and the situation on RD goes from bad to worse.

Weegar and Kis are decent bottom pairing dmen who should stay with the team for the next season but the most concerning issue is the missing top4 RD. One ofc would point their peanutbutter fingers towards Lu and Reimer but the thing is that Dale went long term with those guys so the Cats just have to wait it out, like the Stars had to with Lehtonen and Niemi.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Most definitely not. He's probably at the same level as Tyson Barrie is by scoring couple of points here 'n there but allowing at the same time roughly the same amount of points to the opposing team by minor league type mistakes on defense. Plus his skating isn't all that great even with reduced salary i.e. $5.5mil when you consider that he's readjusted his play by keeping the gap wide to the attacking forwards when he obviously can't close in on them because he'll get turnstiled real quick.

However, the Cats can't trade the guy because of his marketing stature, an all-star salary for non all-star effort resulting in piss poor return, and the situation on RD goes from bad to worse.

Weegar and Kis are decent bottom pairing dmen who should stay with the team for the next season but the most concerning issue is the missing top4 RD. One ofc would point their peanutbutter fingers towards Lu and Reimer but the thing is that Dale went long term with those guys so the Cats just have to wait it out, like the Stars had to with Lehtonen and Niemi.

What number one d-man makes 5.5 ? You say he lets in more than he scores he is the only defenseman who is a plus actually he is only of two starting players who is a plus the other being Colton Sceviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->