Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Would anyone here take on that Kovalchuk contract in order to get rid of Reimer?

Maybe something along the lines of Kovalchuk (retained at some reasonable %) + Budaj for Reimer.

Then, obviously we would send Budaj down and use Hutch as backup once Luongo returns.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Would anyone here take on that Kovalchuk contract in order to get rid of Reimer?

Maybe something along the lines of Kovalchuk (retained at some reasonable %) + Budaj for Reimer.

Then, obviously we would send Budaj down and use Hutch as backup once Luongo returns.
I'd rather burry Reimer in the AHL instead of paying 3.2M more for a player that's too slow for the league. Plus Kovy is a 35+ contract so if he retires or leaves, the team is still stuck with the cap hit. No thanks.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

I don’t think it would fix our problems though.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I wonder if the Flyers would consider something based around Alex Petrovic for Scott Laughton? Would give us a C to help offset loss of Trocheck immediately and allow us to move Bjugstad back to the wing...

We'd have to rely on McCoshen as our #7..not sure how he's being doing this season in Springfield though.

Or we could take a guy like Folin from them as well and add a pick or prospect.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Sabres fan. You seem to have our number? Can we have it back, please?

Seriously, I asked a few weeks back about Pysyk and a few of you mentioned a 2nd would work. Sabres are also looking for a Lower line center. What would the Panthers want for McCann?

Thanks!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Seriously, I asked a few weeks back about Pysyk and a few of you mentioned a 2nd would work. Sabres are also looking for a Lower line center. What would the Panthers want for McCann?

Thanks!
McCann can't be moved because Trocheck is hurt. Offseason is more likely if our GM wanted to move him.

Pysyk could be had.

We'll take either one of your goalies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
McCann can't be moved because Trocheck is hurt. Offseason is more likely if our GM wanted to move him.

Pysyk could be had.

We'll take either one of your goalies.

Not sure if the Sabres can move a goalie now. Hutton is playing well, as is Ullmark. But we don't know which one will eventually be the lead sled dog. Maybe an off-season trade is best.

If it wasn't a goalie, what would Florida want?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

Thanks!
If any defenseman is going to leave this team first, it's going to be Petro. It's makes no sense to make us weaker and make our division rival stronger at the same time.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Not sure if the Sabres can move a goalie now. Hutton is playing well, as is Ullmark. But we don't know which one will eventually be the lead sled dog. Maybe an off-season trade is best.

If it wasn't a goalie, what would Florida want?
It's a goalie or nothing really. If the Panthers have given up on the season, then Luukkonen needs to be part of the deal.
We need goaltender, defense and center and if we're sending a center and a dman, we really need to receive something to fill our need. So Ullmark or Luukkonen needs to be in the deal.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Quick with a 34 save shutout in a 2-0 win against CAR last night. I'd keeping an eye on him for the next week or two. Dale better be interested.

2019 1st (top 10 protected, 2020 1st if FLA keeps the 2019 1st)

Reimer

Malgin and/or McCoshen

Reactions: iam76

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
montreal deal...

karl azner + lingren

Reimer + petrovic

no idea numbers but it should be what they are looking for..

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
montreal deal...

karl azner + lingren

Reimer + petrovic

no idea numbers but it should be what they are looking for..
So we get a worse dman and a worse goalie and spend more money to boot?
I get that we want to get rid of Reimer and Petro, but let's not take worse players and more salary.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Question: What to make with McCann? Trocheck Injured he can´t go the next Step to play 2nd Line Role. And with Lamminko playing up this Year and Sceviour with Years left on his Contract, is there enough place to keep or play with McCann?

We dont know where Lamminkos maximum reach is in the Way he can play the Game. maybe we dont know if he reach 25 years of Age. But we can see current that McCann Game is limited on i say, max.3rd Line PK Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad