Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Definitely don’t get the Wallmark hate here. Over a full season I bet we love him. EASILY better than Sceviour and I liked scevs.
I think people expected him to be a better 3C when he is more of a great 4C. To be honest, I like him a lot. With Acciari, maybe less directly useful, but then again Acciari was a pretty good 2RW so ...

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I def don't want Wallmark back. He brings nothing.
Yeah I’m pretty much in the same boat. I want some like a Derek grant as 4th line center and I want someone else who isn’t Wallmark centering line 3, but options are limited and he’ll be cheap on his bridge deal so it’s not terrible or anything.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I think one outcome if we can get a 2c somehow is: Barkov-New 2C-Borg/Saarela-Wallmark wtith Acciari playing the 2/3 W, maybe like:
Huby-Barky-Horny
Connolly-2C-Tippett
Vatrano-Borgstrom-Acciari
?-Wallmark-Hunt

This could work and insulate Borgstrom. We know that Acciari has that upper gear.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
I think one outcome if we can get a 2c somehow is: Barkov-New 2C-Borg/Saarela-Wallmark wtith Acciari playing the 2/3 W, maybe like:
Huby-Barky-Horny
Connolly-2C-Tippett
Vatrano-Borgstrom-Acciari
?-Wallmark-Hunt

This could work and insulate Borgstrom. We know that Acciari has that upper gear.

Feel like there’s a greater chance we see saarela at wing and Acciari as C. I know Saarela is played C in AHL and is playing C overseas right now, but may free him up offensively to stick him at wing and worry less about coverage. He’s got an NHL shot

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Feel like there’s a greater chance we see saarela at wing and Acciari as C. I know Saarela is played C in AHL and is playing C overseas right now, but may free him up offensively to stick him at wing and worry less about coverage. He’s got an NHL shot
Tough to say: I see up trying to convert Saarela to be a center...given what we're seeing in Sweden right now. We might not have space for him long-term at wing.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
Tough to say: I see up trying to convert Saarela to be a center...given what we're seeing in Sweden right now. We might not have space for him long-term at wing.

Fair, C is definitely a need given depth chart. I also think we really need to consider Lustoreinen for bottom 9 C. From bubble training camp, sounds like Q was very impressed.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Fair, C is definitely a need given depth chart. I also think we really need to consider Lustoreinen for bottom 9 C. From bubble training camp, sounds like Q was very impressed.
It's possible. Bit worried that he would provide what Wallmark does, but maybe. I see Luo spending another year in the minors, then we move him up. Really depends what we do at 2c.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
Am I the only one that wishes Tro was still here purely to see what Zito could get in return? Haha

Not only did ownership let him go on a spending spree but they also let him trade one of our “core” pieces. Wish they just sat tight and offloaded one/both of Hoffman or Dadonov for assets. Give new GM more to work with. Hindsight is 20/20

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Am I the only one that wishes Tro was still here purely to see what Zito could get in return? Haha

Not only did ownership let him go on a spending spree but they also let him trade one of our “core” pieces. Wish they just sat tight and offloaded one/both of Hoffman or Dadonov for assets. Give new GM more to work with. Hindsight is 20/20
Kind of. The regular season not ending took away value from it; a big appeal of the trade was seeing if Haula meshed over a 20 game sample with the notion Haula to Trocheck wasn't a big jump

Ultimately it was a depth trade I think: we got two of our top 8 prospects I'd argue in Luo and Priskie and Wallmark is good for what it is worth. I wish we could have done one for one, but I'm guessing there wasn't the offers we wanted (Brodin)

Could be that DT was bad though

I wonder what is going to happen with Juho Lammikko...you guys think he gets another chance?
We know what happened. He was negotiating with a team in May...which only could be us given we own his rights and wanted to jump back. When it looked like the season would be delayed a long time, he decided to jump to the KHL to make a year just in case.

With the change from Tallon to Zito, I have no idea what might happen, but then again JL left probably due to BB and Tallon....

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I wonder what is going to happen with Juho Lammikko...you guys think he gets another chance?

iirc he commented on his departure that he'd like to come back but he'd want to become a better point producer in the KHL/Finnish league. If he manages to make a case for himself then that would probably mean that Zito would have to offer some $2-3milx2 deal in order to get him interested.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If Stral can get his speed and quickness back, he’ll be a great asset. If not, I’d avoid having him on ice at the end of the third period and OT.

Reactions: violaswallet

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Nah, the trade was pretty good considering we dumped Tro's whole salary without retaining, with COVID-19 not very likely to see a trade like this where the money is so loopsided on one team. Luostarinen and Priskie seem like good depth pieces as well. Haula wasn't any worse than Tro was. I'll still take that trade any day of the week.

Unless one of Saarela, Luostarinen, Wallmark or Borgstrom secures the 3C spot in 2020-21, his situation hasn't really changed.

And even if that happens, Lammikko can probably still give that guy a run for his money at camp. He was already good defensively when he left and now he's developed into a better 2-way threat.

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nah, the trade was pretty good considering we dumped Tro's whole salary without retaining, with COVID-19 not very likely to see a trade like this where the money is so loopsided on one team. Luostarinen and Priskie seem like good depth pieces as well. Haula wasn't any worse than Tro was. I'll still take that trade any day of the week.

Unless one of Saarela, Luostarinen, Wallmark or Borgstrom secures the 3C spot in 2020-21, his situation hasn't really changed.

And even if that happens, Lammikko can probably still give that guy a run for his money at camp. He was already good defensively when he left and now he's developed into a better 2-way threat.

Lammikko, Mamin, Schutz, Hunt.

We got some decent bottom 9 options on LW going into next year.
The first two may not wanna come back though, could easily get a shot somewhere else.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I brought this up a couple months ago, but I wanna bring it up again. What are our thoughts on the potential to offer sheet Sergachev? and if so, how much would you go?

I imagine they do everything they need to to retain him, but if someone comes with a strong offer right at the beginning of free agency and tb has yet to dump some of their other contracts, do they match and figure it out later? Idk. You wouldn’t get a D at his age (21), at his skill level, at anything cheaper than unrestricted free agency pricing (trouba got 8per, Id imagine serg would get high 6’s to low 7’s), and you only lose at most a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in next years draft.

then flip Yandle for a stop gap center, that money would still be spent but on a position we need a stop gap in anyways plus Yandle would become redundant at that point (serg, Ekblad, weegar being the offensive ones) and we don’t have to worry about his “defense” anymore, removing him and matheson both.

obviously a big what-if, but a legit option and either way would put a divisional rival in a tough spot if they do match

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I brought this up a couple months ago, but I wanna bring it up again. What are our thoughts on the potential to offer sheet Sergachev? and if so, how much would you go?

I imagine they do everything they need to to retain him, but if someone comes with a strong offer right at the beginning of free agency and tb has yet to dump some of their other contracts, do they match and figure it out later? Idk. You wouldn’t get a D at his age (21), at his skill level, at anything cheaper than unrestricted free agency pricing (trouba got 8per, Id imagine serg would get high 6’s to low 7’s), and you only lose at most a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in next years draft.

then flip Yandle for a stop gap center, that money would still be spent but on a position we need a stop gap in anyways plus Yandle would become redundant at that point (serg, Ekblad, weegar being the offensive ones) and we don’t have to worry about his “defense” anymore, removing him and matheson both.

obviously a big what-if, but a legit option and either way would put a divisional rival in a tough spot if they do match
Anything less than 8 million is getting instantly matched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->