Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
From what I have read Marner is expected Matthews money and they have low balled him as of now. I agree I doubt Toronto will let him go, he seems to be an all around great guy and fans love him.
If TBL wins the cup can they afford Point ?
Toronto can’t sign all its players. Brown, kap, nylander will all be available imo

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The value is there but doesn't make sense for the Cats since Yandle and Math command the big minutes regardless if they are 'quipped to do so.

The Cats probably have to just bet on Hoff that he'll open the floodgates on his stats in the 2nd half of the season.

Hoffman has been better as of late. Not doubting him getting 25+ goals or 60pts but the way Tippett is playing, its gotta get ya thinking a bit.

For sure but you could possibly manipulate their minutes no?
Dunn was averaging 17+ mins his last two years and down to 16mins this year.

Matheson - Ekblad
Dunn - Weegar
Yandle - Stralman
Brown

You have to be open to possibly moving Yandle/Stralman in off season if this trade was made.

Also allows you to cash in on Pysyk @ 50% retention for a late 2nd/early 3rd. Package two of our three 3rds for a 2nd. Draft more C's and D with our 1st and two 2nds in a loaded draft.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Hoffman has been better as of late. Not doubting him getting 25+ goals or 60pts but the way Tippett is playing, its gotta get ya thinking a bit.

For sure but you could possibly manipulate their minutes no?
Dunn was averaging 17+ mins his last two years and down to 16mins this year.

Matheson - Ekblad
Dunn - Weegar
Yandle - Stralman
Brown

You have to be open to possibly moving Yandle/Stralman in off season if this trade was made.

Also allows you to cash in on Pysyk @ 50% retention for a late 2nd/early 3rd. Package two of our three 3rds for a 2nd. Draft more C's and D with our 1st and two 2nds in a loaded draft.

I would still hold on to Hoff as a secondary offense as an insurance policy if Tippett's defensive awareness isn't at the required level for the NHL, although not at any cost.

However, I do think that Dale has to upgrade defense a bit but without touching the fwd group at this stage since the Cats aren't really that top heavy team when you look at it more closely. Troch plays like a low-end 3rd line C, both Boyle and Acciari are 4th line Cs that are asked to play 3rd line, even 2nd line role at times. (especially Boyle has accrued a decent chunk of points but he'll cool down sooner or later).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would still hold on to Hoff as a secondary offense as an insurance policy if Tippett's defensive awareness isn't at the required level for the NHL, although not at any cost.

However, I do think that Dale has to upgrade defense a bit but without touching the fwd group at this stage since the Cats aren't really that top heavy team when you look at it more closely. Troch plays like a low-end 3rd line C, both Boyle and Acciari are 4th line Cs that are asked to play 3rd line, even 2nd line role at times. (especially Boyle has accrued a decent chunk of points but he'll cool down sooner or later).

So keep Hoffman as a pure rental then?
How do you add to the defense then with barely any cap?
Youd have to add a 1st or a 2nd + prospect to Pysyk to get any sort of reasonable upgrade no?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Youd have to add a 1st or a 2nd + prospect to Pysyk to get any sort of reasonable upgrade no?

Well Dale and the Calculator has pegged Ek, Yandle, Math and Stralman as the top4 core for the next few years as far as the cap structure is concerned. Thus any additional high roller defensemen are a luxury which is taken away from the bank roll of fwd group. Weegar is already on his way to be a +$3mil x 2-3 years (meal ticket to the FA) defenseman. So the remaining dman is squeezed to a ELC by default. Maybe Stillman is that guy, we'll see. Maybe via trade some other rather promising dman on his ELC.

There's not a whole lot of options to modify the d-corpse which is already quite fixed.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

I say we choose the Bluejackets route, we will loose Hoffmann for nothing. as Jean Luc said. You need some reliable 2nd Scoreing, and Connolly and Hoffmann are the 2 most relaible.
My Calculater says to me we get some cap space next Year, 2,8 Million cap will open in one Zone, i dont see Jayce, i dont see Boyle and i dont see Hoffmann.
Extanstion Dadonov, Monti, Brown and Weegar and Toninato.

And then we still have the extansion draft.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Keep Hoffman as a rental
Acquire Scandella or Martinez at tdl with picks

If we don't win Cup, let Hoff walk. Sign a top 4 defensive D who can play on first pair with Ekblad
Re-sign Dads, Boyle
Add an energetic hard-working FA winger for 3rd line
Trade Trocheck for futures
Acquire a cheaper #2 center

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Kreider is a guy I would love to see on this team. He's exactly what we need more of up front.

I also don't see Yandle being moved before Matheson. Yandle is such a key part of the defense and a big locker room guy. Matheson still hasn't been all that impressive this year (although he is improving).

We may have to trade Borgstrom for some defensive help, or trade Trocheck and Matheson together for a d-man and a forward.

I think a trade is imminent at this point. DT knows he has a good team but a key piece or two is missing. He's not one to sit on his hands and wait until February.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Kreider is a guy I would love to see on this team. He's exactly what we need more of up front.

I also don't see Yandle being moved before Matheson. Yandle is such a key part of the defense and a big locker room guy. Matheson still hasn't been all that impressive this year (although he is improving).

We may have to trade Borgstrom for some defensive help, or trade Trocheck and Matheson together for a d-man and a forward.

I think a trade is imminent at this point. DT knows he has a good team but a key piece or two is missing. He's not one to sit on his hands and wait until February.

If DT could move Yandle I think he would've done it yesterday. The only reason why Q stopped playing him on the third pairing with Brown is because somehow Matheson was able to be even worse and less reliable defensively. Now would he move Math? Maybe. But it's his own guy and he looks like he's really close to putting it all together, which ofc doens't mean shit if he can't do it. Plus he can flat out dominate with his speed when he's on his game. Offensively I have very little hope for the guy at this point, I'm just hoping he can become reliable defensively.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
One Name i read also on my Top 3 wanted list for help, is clearly Martines if he is still able to get. He already 32 i would guess he start thinking about ending the Career where is begun. But yes Martnies working effort and way to play D is what Panthers would help in my opinion.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seems like you guys are pretty stacked on the wing in the NHL and in terms of prospects. What would a deal for Tippett look like from mn?

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Twitter & FB for various people (LeBrun for one) has said that FLA is a potential destination for Hall. I've done a little bit of digging but can't find anything of substance to confirm this is even a possibility.

Anyone have something other than pure speculation?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Twitter & FB for various people (LeBrun for one) has said that FLA is a potential destination for Hall. I've done a little bit of digging but can't find anything of substance to confirm this is even a possibility.

Anyone have something other than pure speculation?
Do you guys want Bob?

Reactions: I am not exposed

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
No chance we trade Yandle. He’s been very solid defensively despite his struggles to start the season and if we are losing Hoffman to free agency we cannot lose Yandle or our PP will lose too much firepower. He’s also a top locker room guy

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hall makes no sense unless NJ swapped him for Hoffman to get an inside track to try to sign Hoffman. Doesn’t feel like good enough value for the Devils and we cannot afford him cap wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad