Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Vatrano would do well with McDavid.

Even Seth Griffith would do well with McDavid.

Vatrano is easily the least available from the Cats perspective among Bjugs, Malgin and McCann. Second best goal scorer after Hoff and doesn't get top line TOI ever.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Even Seth Griffith would do well with McDavid.

Vatrano is easily the least available from the Cats perspective among Bjugs, Malgin and McCann. Second best goal scorer after Hoff and doesn't get top line TOI ever.
Apparently the Oilers are struggling to find a Seth Griffith.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Apparently the Oilers are struggling to find a Seth Griffith.

Chia is the improved version of Dale. Dale ushers Smith and March away for a 4th round pick and then three months later complains that the team is having difficult time to score goals, Chia trades Hall for Larsson and then two years or so is trying to scramble to get another Hall. With bozos like this as GMs, maybe Griffith is exactly what Chia is after.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Chia is the improved version of Dale. Dale ushers Smith and March away for a 4th round pick and then three months later complains that the team is having difficult time to score goals, Chia trades Hall for Larsson and then two years or so is trying to scramble to get another Hall. With bozos like this as GMs, maybe Griffith is exactly what Chia is after.
Then Tallon plugged the holes with Better producers for cheaper. Tell the whole story next time as to not
Push your narrative

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Talbot for Reimer straight up? Lol. We might have to add because of the contract terms...

At least we get more money off the books after this season...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Talbot for Reimer straight up? Lol. We might have to add because of the contract terms...

At least we get more money off the books after this season...
I would honestly give markstrom another whirl. A goalie not reliant on oversized equipment. Insane agility and movement for his size. Has a decent sv% behind a pretty bad team and the worst dman in the league gudbranson. No clue if he’s available but they do have some goalies prospects coming

Reactions: Montsy14

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
On D we should keep yandle, Ekblad (realistically isn’t going anywhere and he’s been a lot better), Kiselevich and weegar. Ideally, with good depth weegar and kis stay together which is a great pairing and that would be the third line. That leaves 2 top-4 positions open. Matheson was supposed to be one and we may be stuck with him, if a new gm came in then maybe, but Tallon won’t trade him after signing him to a maxed year contract. At the very least he needs to pick up one top-4 D, which replaces Pysyk.

Both goalies need to be improved. If Luongo still thinks he’ll continue to play then we need someone to play a vast majority of the games next year replacing Reimer and have Luongo as a backup and infrequently playing due to his age and injury proneness. Then buyout his final years if he still doesn’t retire or go on ltir. Talbot isn’t the answer, but better than Reimer. But still.

On offense I would keep one of trocheck or Borgstrom and sign a solid vet 3rd line center. Keep huberdeau, dads and hoff on the wings, leaving 3 winger spots left in the top-9. Trade bjugstad to pay for dads and Hoffs pay increases. The other spots should be improved or infuse other elements this team is lacking.

Trocheck/Borgstrom, Denisenko, Tippett, 1st (top-3 protected), not to mention Pysyk and possibly matheson depending on if Tallon stays (which he will most likely, should all be on the table if we retain the other top players we have. Those pieces are more than enough to bring in a top-4 D and at least one top-6 winger.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I was thinking about a Matheson for Adam
Larson swap? They have plently of physical stay at home types and need puck movers.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
We shouldn't trade him
Well I understand why we don't.. I just think he has a ton of value. We spent what a 2nd and a 3...

What if we could pull off something with a team like Edmonton. Our package of one offensive winger and something for that goalie they have plus pujarvi or a pick or two.

I don't know the exact trade but I think we make solid trade partners.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Well I understand why we don't.. I just think he has a ton of value. We spent what a 2nd and a 3...

What if we could pull off something with a team like Edmonton. Our package of one offensive winger and something for that goalie they have plus pujarvi or a pick or two.

I don't know the exact trade but I think we make solid trade partners.
Nothing Edmonton has that we need would make us better.

I believe we have prospects and picks we can move to fill our two holes.

Hoffman should be traded when we can’t extend him next year to a fair contract

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Nothing Edmonton has that we need would make us better.

I believe we have prospects and picks we can move to fill our two holes.

Hoffman should be traded when we can’t extend him next year to a fair contract

Hoffman should be used a bit better then our Coaxch did. Our Coach did the same with Kiselevich one of the better Defensman. But instead we play with him, we played with Petrovic, who turn out not even been a NHL Player.
So we loose now a NHL ready 3rd Pair Defensman, traded away the Player who play for him, for another older AHL Player. And when that is called good Mangemant and Coaching i dont understand the World at all.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Idk where to put this so I came here...

What is this talk of Ekblad needing a change of scenery I hear from some posters? Just from stat watching he looks fine. Not worth his massive contract, but fine.

I mean if you really wanna cut bait I'd easily throw you Larsson + Bear + Yamamoto for him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Idk where to put this so I came here...

What is this talk of Ekblad needing a change of scenery I hear from some posters? Just from stat watching he looks fine. Not worth his massive contract, but fine.

I mean if you really wanna cut bait I'd easily throw you Larsson + Bear + Yamamoto for him.

That poster is rarely in any of our GDTs. We are not shopping Ekblad. We are looking to add a RD. Trouba/Manson/Larsson type. But we would prefer to offer up futures and not roster players.

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
That poster is rarely in any of our GDTs. We are not shopping Ekblad. We are looking to add a RD. Trouba/Manson/Larsson type. But we would prefer to offer up futures and not roster players.
I like your replies and think your a good poster so I'll throw this 3 way trade I've been thinking about at ya:

Edm gets: Ekblad
Fla gets: Trouba + Larsson
Wpg gets: Borgstrom + Puljujarvi + Bear + 2020 EDM 2nd + FLA 3rd

Is it in the realm of possibility or totally out to lunch?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I like your replies and think your a good poster so I'll throw this 3 way trade I've been thinking about at ya:

Edm gets: Ekblad
Fla gets: Trouba + Larsson
Wpg gets: Borgstrom + Puljujarvi + Bear + 2020 EDM 2nd + FLA 3rd

Is it in the realm of possibility or totally out to lunch?

I dont hate it. It would be a blow to lose Ekblad and Borgstrom long term but Trouba and Larsson would help us out immensely on defense. Larsson wont have to be protected in expansion draft either.

Dont think WPG would go for it. They'd want Trocheck or a stud RD prospect coming back or one of our 1sts at minimum. I think you'll have a mixed response from our posters here.
I really like Trouba alot. Adding Larsson along with Bobrovsky and signing a 3C replacement or if re-signing Sheahan is an option then I'd definitely think about it. Give me some time to fully take it in.

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I dont hate it. It would be a blow to lose Ekblad and Borgstrom long term but Trouba and Larsson would help us out immensely on defense. Larsson wont have to be protected in expansion draft either.

Dont think WPG would go for it. They'd want Trocheck or a stud RD prospect coming back or one of our 1sts at minimum. I think you'll have a mixed response from our posters here.
I really like Trouba alot. Adding Larsson along with Bobrovsky and signing a 3C replacement or if re-signing Sheahan is an option then I'd definitely think about it. Give me some time to fully take it in.
Personally I think it works for all 3 teams, Edmonton upgrades their RD, Florida trades a good RD and a good young prospect for 2 good RD's, Winnipeg knows they can't resign Trouba and cut bait, pick up their Finnish 2c to play with Laine and resign Myers and hope Bear can become a top4d and Pulju maybe can turn it around. Plus, they have one of Connor or Ehlers as trade capital to get a RD if needed.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Personally I think it works for all 3 teams, Edmonton upgrades their RD, Florida trades a good RD and a good young prospect for 2 good RD's, Winnipeg knows they can't resign Trouba and cut bait, pick up their Finnish 2c to play with Laine and resign Myers and hope Bear can become a top4d and Pulju maybe can turn it around. Plus, they have one of Connor or Ehlers as trade capital to get a RD if needed.

Think you guys may need to add something to WPG. Dont know if it's enough for them without a surefire thing coming back. Borgstrom is still very raw and I get why youd put Pulj (really dont know his value right now) in there to create team Finland but maybe post the offer in the Trouba thread or make your own and see what the feedback is like. I'll sleep on this and give it further thought.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Think you guys may need to add something to WPG. Dont know if it's enough for them without a surefire thing coming back. Borgstrom is still very raw and I get why youd put Pulj (really dont know his value right now) in there to create team Finland but maybe post the offer in the Trouba thread or make your own and see what the feedback is like. I'll sleep on this and give it further thought.
I'm gonna throw it in the Trouba thread and see how it goes...

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
How come we have not discussed restricted free agents ?

Point, Aho, Marner, Rantanen, Trouba, Werenski ?

Think all these guys will stay put ?

I think we are all in agreement that we need a D man and a goalie. Can we afford a Point, Aho or Marner if we trade someone like Tro and Borg or Tippett ?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How come we have not discussed restricted free agents ?

Point, Aho, Marner, Rantanen, Trouba, Werenski ?

Think all these guys will stay put ?

I think we are all in agreement that we need a D man and a goalie. Can we afford a Point, Aho or Marner if we trade someone like Tro and Borg or Tippett ?

Only guy that may move in your list would be Trouba. The rest will be given 7-8 year deals. No reason for those teams to unload such great players unless we offer sheet them and that's highly unlikely.

I'd offer up our 1st for Trouba fairly easily

Reactions: I am not exposed

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Only guy that may move in your list would be Trouba. The rest will be given 7-8 year deals. No reason for those teams to unload such great players unless we offer sheet them and that's highly unlikely.

I'd offer up our 1st for Trouba fairly easily

From what I have read Marner is expected Matthews money and they have low balled him as of now. I agree I doubt Toronto will let him go, he seems to be an all around great guy and fans love him.
If TBL wins the cup can they afford Point ?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
From what I have read Marner is expected Matthews money and they have low balled him as of now. I agree I doubt Toronto will let him go, he seems to be an all around great guy and fans love him.
If TBL wins the cup can they afford Point ?

IMO Marner grew up a Leaf and see him staying longer than Matthews.
They will get a deal done and ship out Kadri to do it if need be.

Pretty sure TB has a ton of UFA defensemen that clear up $12-13 million and may only sign one of three (Stralman). They can also move Callahan/Miller/Johnson to sign Point, who's already declared he loves it there and will sign a 5-8 yr deal depending on how they structure it.

If we're adding a top flight forward, it'll be Panarin in free agency.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad