Official End of Season Positivity Thread

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Crazy how goo the expansion rules are for LV. Go back and take a look at the rules for the Ottawa TB expansion if anyone disagrees.

The expansion rules were a joke. I remember Montreal had guys who had been retired for over 10 years on their eligible list like Guy Lafleur. It was meant for the expansion teams to fail. Made the league look amateur.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Some great talent on the team. Best defenseman in the game. Boucher's a top coach. Turris, Hoffman, Stone are all good talents. Some great talent in the minors. Pushed the defending Cup champs to Game 7 double overtime.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
The expansion rules were a joke. I remember Montreal had guys who had been retired for over 10 years on their eligible list like Guy Lafleur. It was meant for the expansion teams to fail. Made the league look amateur.

That was pretty standard across all sports and has gotten better. Big difference between when the Ottawa Renegades joined the CFL and the Redblacks did - Renegades were hosed and the Redblacks allowed to have a chance.

For Vegas to make it they need to put out a credible product.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That was pretty standard across all sports and has gotten better. Big difference between when the Ottawa Renegades joined the CFL and the Redblacks did - Renegades were hosed and the Redblacks allowed to have a chance.

For Vegas to make it they need to put out a credible product.

Agreed. Too much money involved now to sit back and let expansion teams fail. Even more critical considering the NFL bacisally screwed over the Knights by letting the NHL break the ice and pave the road for them to come in later and gobble up all the taxpayer monies, after Vegas paid their way in. If I was the owner in Vegas, I'd be going straight to the Nevada state government looking for the same stadium deal they gave the Raiders (even if its after the fact). The richest league in NA getting all these taxpayer handouts, while the NHL is the smallest of the 'big 4' paying for everything....screw that )&*(%&*%&*.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think that it's important that the NHL have parity in the league especially in the US where they need their teams to compete for titles to draw crowds & keep them with the number of other sports hockey has to compete with down there. As the cost of attending games continues to creep upwards, it's the anticipation of your team doing well that keeps fans engaged with the team. Not that many markets can afford to have a long drought of being a bottom feeder unless you are in a very good hockey market. Making LV a competitive team right off the bat benefits the league & may also help in drawing fans of other teams when they come to visit.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tommy P is a pretty good player.

I like him as a 4th line player because he has speed, tenacity, and very good defensive skills playing without the puck; but his lack of offensive ability is what holds him back from being a top 6 player, and perhaps 3rd line player.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This team may well live up to the "veteran team plays better in the playoffs" reputation if they can make the playoffs again next year and make another dent.

I don't think it's an automatic qualification though. This was a long and tough season for this team. The Atlantic is actually becoming very competitive very quickly.

On the one hand, the physical battering and challenging season could make them start off slowly. On the other, if the roster remains relatively unchanged, we have a comfort level with system and personnel that we didn't have at the beginning of last year. Tough to say.

Hrmm.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Since this is a positivity thread, I'm positive that the Sens have the worst owner in the NHL.

am I doing it right?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Since this is a positivity thread, I'm positive that the Sens have the worst owner in the NHL.

I am also positive that Pierre Dorion really think he is making a fashion statement with the plaid jackets (PS it isn't working pierre)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->