Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Kuemper at practice this morning. Morgan tweeted if it goes well today and tomorrow he’ll probably go against Florida.

Raanta was not on the ice (has NOT been traded)

Grabner was on the ice.

Demers skated before practice on his own.

Chychrun’s injury is his hip. Wasn’t on the ice today.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Why the hell do they keep bringing up Ness? He's terrible. I don't get it.

He was sent down and brought back up because AHL rosters get frozen right after the deadline. Otherwise they wouldn’t be able to send him back down if they they wanted to.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL cannot remain captain next year. He should probably be traded. The game losing penalty tonight is a prime example of why. So is the complete lack of respect his teammates seem to have for him, and the general leadership malaise.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
OEL cannot remain captain next year. He should probably be traded. The game losing penalty tonight is a prime example of why. So is the complete lack of respect his teammates seem to have for him, and the general leadership malaise.

Yeah we're the softest team in the league but the fact that nobody ever has his back is pretty telling. Can't have that guy wearing the C.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
And give it to Hall, who leaves his partners in minority for a stick change in Fla first goal? And give that guy big money?

PK is not an automatic goal.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
PK is not an automatic goal.

It was an incredibly lazy, bad penalty that should have never been taken. Inexcusable for a captain of a team trying to make a playoff push.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Is OEL tradable? $8.25 mil cap hit (4th highest among defenseman); only 28, but 7 seasons remaining on contract.

Team needs a culture shift.

Reactions: Surfshop

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think you would gave a good idea if Nashville was deep at center and weak at LD. Neither is the case.
Nashville is deep at center and needs D. L/R not withstanding. Which I find an overrated consideration.

Last I checked Nashville was bottom 10 in GF/GP and bottom 10 GA/GP. Pushing some blueline depth downward via a top four D acquisition could help.

Duchene’s played some wing and Turris in the bottom six with 4th line time during some games. He’s got around 5% less production despite around 2mins less per GP of ice time. Bonino is outpacing RyJo. They’ve also got Tomasino coming up.

Nashville fans seemed to like the idea and 3rd party fans on the main board though AZ was getting killed on an OEL for RyJo deal.

Your typical bullshit doesn’t apply here.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Nashville is deep at center and needs D. L/R not withstanding. Which I find an overrated consideration.

Last I checked Nashville was bottom 10 in GF/GP and bottom 10 GA/GP. Pushing some blueline depth downward via a top four D acquisition could help.

Duchene’s played some wing and Turris in the bottom six with 4th line time during some games. He’s got around 5% less production despite around 2mins less per GP of ice time. Bonino is outpacing RyJo. They’ve also got Tomasino coming up.

Nashville fans seemed to like the idea and 3rd party fans on the main board though AZ was getting killed on an OEL for RyJo deal.

Your typical bullshit doesn’t apply here.
Turris was a healthy scratch regularly this year, hes an anchor not depth. Nashville has Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, and Fabbro. I doubt OEL is an improvement over any if them. Go ahead and label my post when you make another stupid trade proposal rather than actually taking a look.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Turris was a healthy scratch regularly this year, hes an anchor not depth. Nashville has Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, and Fabbro. I doubt OEL is an improvement over any if them. Go ahead and label my post when you make another stupid trade proposal rather than actually taking a look.
Interesting opinion. Turris being a healthy scratch despite being only 5% back of Nashville’s top center in terms of faceoffs taken in Johansen proved that Nashville has bad center depth. Got it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Interesting opinion. Turris being a healthy scratch despite being only 5% back of Nashville’s top center in terms of faceoffs taken in Johansen proved that Nashville has bad center depth. Got it.
You used Turrisas an example of that depth?? They are not strong at center and you want them to trade from a position of weakness to get a pkayer for their position of strength?? They have better options for cheaper money on D than OEL.

Reactions: Surfshop

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Thought of this after thinking about how we were considering a Goligoski trade for Jeff Carter.

What about swapping Stepan and Carter?

Carter is only owed 2M in the next two seasons. Cap hit of 5.27M for two years.

But we have two years of a bad deal instead of one.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Eichel gets fed up in Buffalo and wants out. We trade OEL and Dvo, more if need be, and get Eichel. Don’t even care if we sign Hall anymore. I want a bonafide center here immediately. This team, even with Hall, is going nowhere without one. Maybe OEL would waive his NMC to go there seeing as BUF’s coach is Krueger the Swede, and they have a couple young Swedes in Dahlin and Olofsson. It’s a long shot but a guy can dream right?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maybe OEL would waive his NMC to go there seeing as BUF’s coach is Krueger the Swede, and they have a couple young Swedes in Dahlin and Olofsson. It’s a long shot but a guy can dream right?

Krueger is German.

They would ask for Soderstrom ++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad