Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Nick Seeler is on waivers for Minny. Haven't noticed him. Seems like decent stats. Is OEL out for a long time? How is Seeler compared to Capo or Bush?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I prefer Seeler to Oesterle. I think Oesterle is a catastrophe. Seeler isn’t good, but at least he plays a hard-nosed game. He’s not afraid to drop his gloves and take a beating (not a great fighter). I wouldn’t say he’s an effective physical presence, so much as a willing one.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I prefer Seeler to Oesterle. I think Oesterle is a catastrophe. Seeler isn’t good, but at least he plays a hard-nosed game. He’s not afraid to drop his gloves and take a beating (not a great fighter). I wouldn’t say he’s an effective physical presence, so much as a willing one.

Sounds like an upgrade.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Seeler is Bush. I don't think he makes a difference unless Tocc will play him.
You can argue he is a thumper and gamer and that our team needs that, but I don't think he's better than Oesterle or Bush.

rt

May 13, 2004
Seeler is Bush. I don't think he makes a difference unless Tocc will play him.
You can argue he is a thumper and gamer and that our team needs that, but I don't think he's better than Oesterle or Bush.
I prefer him to either but only marginally. He’s in that zone. I’d love to TRADE Oesterle for Seeler. But I don’t want to add Seeler to Oesterle.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
It's a little far out to consider, but given that I'm a fan of both teams, I feel like I'd be remiss to not discuss it. There's a lot of concern from Sabre fans and some media heads that Eichel might demand a trade this off-season. What would we give up to get him? Something around Schmaltz & Hayton maybe?

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
It's a little far out to consider, but given that I'm a fan of both teams, I feel like I'd be remiss to not discuss it. There's a lot of concern from Sabre fans and some media heads that Eichel might demand a trade this off-season. What would we give up to get him? Something around Schmaltz & Hayton maybe?
How many firsts along with Soderstom do you want to add?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Buffalo doing a complete rebuild? Otherwise they are going to want/need a 1C coming back, no?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not sure if your response is meant to communicate that you believe it would cost that much more or that my initial assessment is too much as is lol.

Bud if the price for Eichel was just an okay top 6 winger and your top prospect, the trade line would be 30 teams deep.

Reactions: _Del_ and Fuhrious

rt

May 13, 2004
Just thinking about where we are with organizational depth. The NHL club is leading their division. The AHL club is leading their league. In the system we have premier players such as Hayton, Soderberg, Jenik and Maccelli featuring on premier WJC teams in Canada, Sweden, Czech, and Finland. Plenty of time for all of this to go to **** and look bad by the summer. But right now, it feels good. Things feel good man.

43 Days have passed since this post.

We have won 5 of 16 games.

26th in the NHL in P% in that span.

24th in GF/GP.

28th in PP%.

Phatastic

Oct 17, 2018
Latest agents’ poll from The Athletic, to use when someone says “no players want to go to Arizona”.

upload_2020-2-4_18-51-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-4_18-51-20.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-4_18-51-20.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Please sign Hall and honestly, if we are to keep one of the smaller players, you could convince me that Garland is worth more than Keller to our team.

This is simply based upon the first goal in the Edmonton game.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The Eichel piece is interesting.

We really aren't in a position to go after him and I doubt we have the pieces even though we 100% should. Dvorak is a low end 2c at this point and Hayton is our best shot at a 1c. Jenik is probably in the same mold as Dvorak. The rest of the centers in the pipe are magic beans.

Maybe Keller + Dvorak + Hinostroza + Fisher for Eichel in the summer?

Hall - Eichel - Schmaltz
Garland - Hayton - Kessel
Crouse - Stepan - Soderberg
Grabner - Jenik - RW

OEL - Hjalmersson
Chychrun - Demers
Goligoski - Soderstrom
Capobianco, Oesterle

Not terrible, still need to move Stepan and Grabner for cap space for Hall. This is only an OK move if Hall wants to sign here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad