Official Coyotes 2019-20 Roster Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Part of me wonders if you don't trade Raanta so that you can dangle him out there for Seattle to entice them not to take another roster player. There are a few teams with 2 decent goalies who are going to have to make trades with the have-nots to get something for nothing or be willing to part with the goalie to Seattle for nothing.

Coyotes: Kuemper & Raanta
Avalanche: Grubauer & Francouz
Blue Jackets: Korpisalo & Merzlikins (presumably eligible by the draft)
Rangers: Georgiev & Shesterkin (possibly eligible if Lundqvist does not stick around)
Penguins: Jarry & Murray
Blues: Binnington & Allan
Capitals: Holtby & Samsonov

Currently I think you're looking at losing some one like Fischer or Hinostroza, if resigned, for forwards, or Lyubushkin or Oesterle on D. Raanta is probably a better pick in that scenario. I think there will be a bit of movement of goalies in the next season or so, so it's hard to predict how likely he'd be to be taken.
Have you seen our roster? Who the F are we scared to lose that we can’t protect? Hinostroza? Fischer? I don’t think we would lose a second of sleep if we had to expose one of those guys. I think we are fine. I’d even go so far as to say given our cap space after next season that we will be buyers hoping to try to snag a player to protect in the expansion draft (likely a D).

I’d prefer to keep 2 goalies and not make a Raanta trade given we are likely due to another compressed schedule with potential for injuries (especially netminders). I’m only advocating a deal if it makes sense from a hockey perspective (asset you can’t ignore or it means we can extend Hall).

Last edited:

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If I was a team in need of a starting goalie I would not bring in Raanta. Too unreliable. But he can work in a tandem if the other guy isn’t too expensive. That may work with Buffalo with Ullmark.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Have you seen our roster? Who the F are we scared to lose that we can’t protect? Hinostroza? Fischer? I don’t think we would lose a second of sleep if we had to expose one of those guys. I think we are fine. I’d even go so far as to say given our cap space after next season that we will be buyers hoping to try to snag a player to protect in the expansion draft (likely a D).

I’d prefer to keep 2 goalies and not make a Raanta trade given we are likely due to another compressed schedule with potential for injuries (especially netminders). I’m only advocating a deal if it makes sense from a hockey perspective (asset you can’t ignore or it means we can extend Hall).
I agree, and even if we sign Hall, Kuemper and Raanta are the team. How they go, so goes the team.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I agree, and even if we sign Hall, Kuemper and Raanta are the team. How they go, so goes the team.
I just don’t get how someone can look at 2 players like Hinostroza and Fischer who have quite frankly underwhelmed (how many healthy scratches did they have? 10? More?) this season and who could both find themselves as trade bait and even potentially not even qualified. It’s baffling really.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Hino i'd like to keep. What do we think about offersheeting Cirelli with 7m ish? Trade Demers/Gogo. We lose our pick in 2 drafts instead of one but we get an extremely good 2C who looks like a 1C Couturier type.

Reactions: hbk

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Hino i'd like to keep. What do we think about offersheeting Cirelli with 7m ish? Trade Demers/Gogo. We lose our pick in 2 drafts instead of one but we get an extremely good 2C who looks like a 1C Couturier type.
I like Hino but he's the opposite of what our team needs. I've been adding him in trades for over a year because all he brings is some skill to the 3rd/4th line. We need 2 power forwards with some skill and a heavy hitting blue liner with solid passing. none of these 3 players need to be top end talent, middle of the pack guys work fine, we just need some form of muscle.

If by some stroke of heavy luck we make it to the cup finals against a team like Boston, who is more skilled and more physical than us, we will get destroyed.

I'm even willing to make a deal that brings in a guy like Lucic because I think we are that desperate for aholes.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He’d be a guy I’d target.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
For some reason I don’t want Eichel. Keeps coming off like a guy who only looks at it from himself being the center of the universe.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia

Yes, Raanta is obviously the most valuable piece as it stands among the eligible expansion picks. As his deal ends after next season, I doubt his value alone is high enough unless traded in season to net something worth protecting in the draft. I agree with holding onto him for the extent of the season to split the workload.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
People around here are pissed about the Keller deal at 7 mil. and now you want to give Cirelli the same, and he is not as proven and plays with high end players who helps with production and him being more sheltered. Playing with the Yotes I believe his production would take a hit. He is a nice player but not at 7 M.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
SQUIRREL!!!!

I’ve seen him in enough games to where he doesn’t always bring it every game. OTOH I’ve yet to see Taylor Hall not bring it.

It’s not his talent that bothers me. It’s his general attitude that does and frankly speaking we don’t need a primadonna.

There aren’t more than a half dozen forwards on earth better than him.

He’s not a primadonna. He’s a leader. A competitor. He sees that his team is run by f***ing morons who make horrible decisions and have been driving his club into the dirt. He’s vocal because he’s right and they’re wrong and he cares and demands change. As he should.

I’ll take that 10/10 over the sleepy, bored, soft, f***ing p***yes that we have as “leaders”. OEL has been asleep for 3 years. Stepan and Goligoski retired the minute they got here. None of our leaders give a single shit. As such, they keep their mouths shut because they aren’t moved to even bother speaking out.

You are completely and utterly incorrect my man.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
SQUIRREL!!!!

I’ve seen him in enough games to where he doesn’t always bring it every game. OTOH I’ve yet to see Taylor Hall not bring it.

It’s not his talent that bothers me. It’s his general attitude that does and frankly speaking we don’t need a primadonna.
Shake your head harder. Not ONE player brings it every night. I would take Eichel over every play on the Yotes, and that includes Hall. A 6'2" young C that is almost PPG. You say we don't need him.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. Oh, I forgot, we are knee deep in centers. I mean, we have beer drinking Stepan as our 1C. I love his attitude. He hates losing. When was the last time ANY of our leaders said that. I have read that his team mates love it attitude.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If you could keep only one Coyote, who would it be? Chychrun? I think I’d probably keep Chychrun. Who’s number two? I don’t even know. Hall? It’s got to be Hall, who’s 29 and not even under contract. Then maybe Kuemper, or Garland (who’s coaches have given him 4th line minutes most of his career).

Our team f***ing sucks. This is a shit organization.

I would happily just let Buffalo name their price for Eichel. Take whatever they want. I hate the Coyotes. Eichel is so much better than the Coyotes.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
There aren’t more than a half dozen forwards on earth better than him.

He’s not a primadonna. He’s a leader. A competitor. He sees that his team is run by f***ing morons who make horrible decisions and have been driving his club into the dirt. He’s vocal because he’s right and they’re wrong and he cares and demands change. As he should.

I’ll take that 10/10 over the sleepy, bored, soft, f***ing p***yes that we have as “leaders”. OEL has been asleep for 3 years. Stepan and Goligoski retired the minute they got here. None of our leaders give a single shit. As such, they keep their mouths shut because they aren’t moved to even bother speaking out.

You are completely and utterly incorrect my man.

Still not convinced. But as I hinted it’s me.

But hey..... at least I got you and Jakey to agree on something.

Reactions: MIG and sundance74

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If you could keep only one Coyote, who would it be? Chychrun? I think I’d probably keep Chychrun. Who’s number two? I don’t even know. Hall? It’s got to be Hall, who’s 29 and not even under contract. Then maybe Kuemper, or Garland (who’s coaches have given him 4th line minutes most of his career).

Our team f***ing sucks. This is a shit organization.

I would happily just let Buffalo name their price for Eichel. Take whatever they want. I hate the Coyotes. Eichel is so much better than the Coyotes.
I think a new coach may change your mind. What I don't get is why RT gets so much love from around the league. It would be interesting to hear what the players think of him. Then there is Chayka. Sounds like just the opposite from RT.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

You're right, Chayka should only trade for players that are comfortable with mediocrity and prefer not making the playoffs. The type of guy that is on his last contract and knows it's guaranteed money so long as he physically shows up.

If Eichel has an 'attitude', it's that perpetually garbage organizations like Buffalo and Arizona aren't good enough for him. He wants to win. That's an ideal guy to have in your room unless your plan is to continue being a dumpster fire.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Yo @Grimes dude, why haven't you texted me to tell me to hop on the boards and peep the Eichel discussion? Weren't we having this convo months ago?
Okay, so as a fan of both teams, here's my take.
Do we want him? Hell yes. Jack is a warrior, a gamer, a leader and a flat-out stud. He just wants to win, and he wants to do it with Buffalo for the fans.
Would Buffalo trade him? I highly doubt it, but it's not 100%. Buffalo management is troubled and out of touch. Everyone wants the same thing. But here's the thing - Jack wears his heart on his sleeve, and his frustrations mirror those of the fanbase's (who are out of patience with management and the rebuild). While Jack and the fans both want to win now, there is little to no faith in management that they can successfully navigate the organization to a position to do so in any kind of reasonable time frame that takes advantage of Jack's prime.
I DON'T think Eichel to AZ could happen because it would require a hefty package of assets (one I would think twice about if I were Chayka) and Buffalo has a ton of cap space opening up this offseason and subsequently may try to go nuts with that in a roster overhaul in an attempt to communicate a sense of urgency and desire to win to Jack and the fans. Not to mention the obvious bidding war that would erupt.
I DO think Eichel to AZ could happen because Jack is upset, the Yotes have the assets to make THAT kind of offer and still ice a quality team, and who knows - maybe both these teams think they're in need of major roster/culture shake-ups.

Reactions: Grimes

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You're right, Chayka should only trade for players that are comfortable with mediocrity and prefer not making the playoffs. The type of guy that is on his last contract and knows it's guaranteed money so long as he physically shows up.

If Eichel has an 'attitude', it's that perpetually garbage organizations like Buffalo and Arizona aren't good enough for him. He wants to win. That's an ideal guy to have in your room unless your plan is to continue being a dumpster fire.

You completely missed my point but thanks for the Dr. Phil moment.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
People around here are pissed about the Keller deal at 7 mil. and now you want to give Cirelli the same, and he is not as proven and plays with high end players who helps with production and him being more sheltered. Playing with the Yotes I believe his production would take a hit. He is a nice player but not at 7 M.

Cirelli's production is the result of playing with high end players and being sheltered is probably the hottest take I've ever seen. And you could not be more wrong.

I think this, more than anything I've seen you post, tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about. No offense, it's just that you could not possibly be more wrong. Dude got 11 Selkie votes as a f***ing rookie with 58% DZS and you're telling me he's sheltered? There is not a single better defensive center in his age range who is entrusted with as many defensive zone starts and still puts up points, full stop.

In his age range (18-24)
- He was 14th in CF% this year with more DFZ than anyone else above him, and extremely similar number of ES points as guys like Petersson, Konecny, Nylander, and Barkov.
- He had the most SH TOI among his age range and the highest CF and FF (not that it matters much)

For the vast majority of time he's played with Killorn and Joseph. He's spent a little bit of time playing with Stamkos and Kucherov this year, but that's about f***in it. He is not whatsoever having his scoring propped up by linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->