OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
While true, the amount of deaths due to flu are without social distancing. We’ve enacted that for COVID. I would say that the death numbers for Covid are likely about accurate if social distancing wasn’t enacted.

I do find it very interesting that we’re one of the few countries that has a major issue with the stipulations enacted and we’re also one of the worst countries in terms of overall numbers.

People course interesting hills to die on, “muh freedums!” Regarding wearing a mask. I could go further on this subject but will leave it there

My point is its impossible to scientifically say "this number is likely accurate" when youre not in a controlled environment. Deaths are being counted as covid related when they arent, people arent following guidlines, because executive orders believe it or not arent laws, and to be 100% honest with you this whole mask thing isnt as effective as media would like you to believe. The truth is, as someone who worked in a hospital when this all started, that if a mask was all it took to prevent getting it, we wouldnt be wearing ventilators into rooms of covid patients. Its a false sense of security to control panic from the general public.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gee, who should I believe, medical professionals and experts, or a guy on a hockey forum who worked in a hospital for brief period? What is your training that we should believe you over the others?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
While true, the amount of deaths due to flu are without social distancing. We’ve enacted that for COVID. I would say that the death numbers for Covid are likely about accurate if social distancing wasn’t enacted.

I do find it very interesting that we’re one of the few countries that has a major issue with the stipulations enacted and we’re also one of the worst countries in terms of overall numbers.

People course interesting hills to die on, “muh freedums!” Regarding wearing a mask. I could go further on this subject but will leave it there

Can't imagine why. Can't be that whole thing where we were the first country to successfully fight a war to free us from autocratic rule. Not like we have a constitution that specifically outlines our rights, including the right to have our locally elected legislatures have a say on the laws in the state. :sarcasm:

Personally, I don't give a crap about the mask mandate. I wear my mask that I know is pretty much pointless to make people feel better, keep my distance(which actually works), etc. I worked from home before the pandemic, and don't tend to frequent restaurants and what not given I have three small kids.

I do have a serious issue with the ongoing Emergency Powers being used by Walz. The precedent is terrible, and for a good portion of the time it's been un-needed. I'd have less of a problem if during the summer when things were relatively stable he gave up the powers, and enacted them again when there was a spike. They could have used that time to find common ground between the legislative bodies.

We elected people to represent us, and those people are not being given a chance to do so. Walz get's up there and says (paraphrasing of course) "The science is saying we should do this". Great. Tell us the science. What are the metrics you're looking at. Where is the evidence leading to these decisions. People say "the Science" as a get out of jail free card for making the argument, and convincing us. Drives me bonkers.

Especially when "The Science" isn't all that clear, and largely unsupported (like the mask mandate).

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Gee, who should I believe, medical professionals and experts, or a guy on a hockey forum who worked in a hospital for brief period? What is your training that we should believe you over the others?

why dont you think critically about what i just said and it will answer itself. If a mask worked, why spend all the extra money and resources on ventilation suits with extremely expensive carbon filtering systems for their staff?

secondly, if you have taken any science classes at any level of education you would know it is impossible to get accurate results on a theory if the environment is not controlled. basic science.

clearly i have medical background or i wouldnt have been working in a hospital :rolleyes:

but go ahead an dont think critically and believe everything you hear/read.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
why dont you think critically about what i just said and it will answer itself. If a mask worked, why spend all the extra money and resources on ventilation suits with extremely expensive carbon filtering systems for their staff?

secondly, if you have taken any science classes at any level of education you would know it is impossible to get accurate results on a theory if the environment is not controlled. basic science.

clearly i have medical background or i wouldnt have been working in a hospital :rolleyes:

Not the strongest argument in the world because I was offered a job in the hospital out of college and I have no medical experience or schooling. Plus there are a ton of jobs that involve maintenance like custodial staff, administration(this was the field I was offered in), food courts, and etc.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Not the strongest argument in the world because I was offered a job in the hospital out of college and I have no medical experience or schooling. Plus there are a ton of jobs that involve maintenance like custodial staff, administration(this was the field I was offered in), food courts, and etc.

i wasnt working those jobs. I worked in the Lab.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014

Lol are you a receptionist or someone that works with and studies viruses?

I haven't heard anyone except paid quacks who work in totally different areas of medicine like radiology say anything negative about masks. And they are paid to say it and it's always political.

The reason the masks aren't working is because we have graduates from the school of hard knocks not wearing them appropriately or in all recommended situations.

And even that, they only HELP they don't solve the problem.

If the masks save one single person it's worth it but you know nothing about selfless patriotism.

Instead your lot cries about "muh Jezus and muh freedums of rights and the F-L-A-G" while literally screwing over everyone else because all you can see is what directly impacts YOU.

It will all go away... like magic.

Get real dude. You people always say wake up, and think critically but then scream and RREEEE about a pizza parlor that has a basement full of child diddlers that doesn't even actually have a basement.

"tHiNk CrItIcaLy" shouted the largest group of non critical thinkers the world has ever known.

Last edited:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Lol are you a receptionist or domeone thT works with and studies viruses?

I haven't heard anyone except paid quacks who work in totally different areas of medicine like radiology say anything negative about masks.

The reason the masks aren't working is because we have graduates from the school of hard knocks not wearing them appropriately or in all recommended situations.

And even that, they only help they don't solve the problem.

But go on keep revealing who you voted for with ignorance posting on a hockey forum.

It will all go away... like magic.

Get real dude. You people always say wake up, and think critically but then scream and RREEEE about a pizza parlor that has a basement full of child diddlers that doesn't even actually have a basement.p

Rofl, there we go assuming things again. Maybe i just dont like airing all of my personal info on the internet? First off, the CDC has gone back and forth about masks and their effectiveness. secondly theyve also stated theyve found cases of the virus being airborne. Do you know how airborne viruses work? ya probably not, but try wearing a mask around someone who has active tuberculosis and tell me how that works. Thirdly, i didnt vote. and also last i checked political discussions were not allowed on the forum? way to assume, and show people how big of a jackoff you are. You people? child diddlers? typical millenial talk attacking a person for presenting evidence that doesnt line up with your motive. you have no clue who i am or what my views are on anything.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

You don't think there's a difference between working closely with infected people on a day-in, day-out basis vs. walking by somebody in an aisle at a grocery store? Or a waiter periodically walking up to your table?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
You don't think there's a difference between working closely with infected people on a day-in, day-out basis vs. walking by somebody in an aisle at a grocery store? Or a waiter periodically walking up to your table?

its possible, but not entirely plausible. If that were truly the case why are they not allowing visitors to see their families with masks on for limited periods of time? instead they make them zoom their significant others.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Rofl, there we go assuming things again. Maybe i just dont like airing all of my personal info on the internet? First off, the CDC has gone back and forth about masks and their effectiveness. secondly theyve also stated theyve found cases of the virus being airborne. Do you know how airborne viruses work? ya probably not, but try wearing a mask around someone who has active tuberculosis and tell me how that works. Thirdly, i didnt vote. and also last i checked political discussions were not allowed on the forum? way to assume, and show people how big of a jackoff you are. You people? child diddlers? typical millenial talk attacking a person for presenting evidence that doesnt line up with your motive. you have no clue who i am or what my views are on anything.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

That's how science works with a new disease.

You find out new stuff every day and information and facts get altered, updated, and changed.

For the last at least 7 months all information on mask wearing has been totally consistent as far as information from the scientists that do this for a living go.

I'll choose to listen to the doctors that do this for a living including my own than the school of hard knocks grad on a hockey forum for my medical information.

And yes. People spreading false information should be challenged everywhere. Especially when it comes to a pandemic. Even. On. A. Hockey. Forum.

I'll die on that sword.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

You find out new stuff every day and information and facts get altered, updated, and changed.

For the last at least 7 months all information on mask wearing has been totally consistent as far as information from the scientists that do this for a living go.

I'll choose to listen to the doctors that do this for a living including my own than the school of hard knocks grad on a hockey forum for my medical information.

And yes. People spreading false information should be challenged everywhere. Especially when it comes to a pandemic. Even. On. A. Hockey. Forum.

I'll die on that sword.

Thats great, and youre entitled to that opinion without me attacking you or making outlandish assumptions on who you are, who you voted for, how big of a patriot you are, whether you believe theres child diddlers in imagined basements, the list goes on. secondly, its amazing you would think hockey is below someone with a medical education. and that they would in no way shape or form end up on a hockey forum. thirdly, you dont know that my information is false, you choose to believe the information a few doctors on a political forum (media) are saying when theres plenty of others such as myself with medical backgrounds blowing whistles challenging that which you choose to believe.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Thats great, and youre entitled to that opinion without me attacking you or making outlandish assumptions on who you are, who you voted for, how big of a patriot you are, whether you believe theres child diddlers in imagined basements, the list goes on. secondly, its amazing you would think hockey is below someone with a medical education. and that they would in no way shape or form end up on a hockey forum. thirdly, you dont know that my information is false, you choose to believe the information a few doctors on a political forum (media) are saying when theres plenty of others such as myself with medical backgrounds blowing whistles challenging that which you choose to believe.

What is your medical background?

What do you do?

Medical background could mean your the world's leading epidemiologist, it could also mean you change bed pans all day and bathe old people.

So since YOU are the one giving out information that goes against what every health organization is currently saying maybe you should present that information rather than hiding behind some mysterious "medical background".

I'd also like to point out all of these states that had no mask mandate and were totally against masks from the onset are now doing a total 180 on the issue.

See for example Iowa.

So what do you know that everyone else doesn't, and what EXACTLY is your experience that should make what you say credible?

And no, medical background doesn't work.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
i already stated i worked in the lab, also theres still only 36 states with mask mandates. so your "all these states" are also false information

straight from the cdc "Wearing cloth masks can help prevent people infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 from spreading the virus. Make sure your cloth mask: fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face, completely covers the nose and mouth, is secured with ties or ear loops, includes multiple layers of fabric, allows for breathing without restriction, and can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape. Cloth masks should NOT be worn by children less than 2 years old or anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."

Might want to look up definitions on "can" and "will", I can drive a boat to china, but will i? i can win the lottery, but will i? there are so many variables on if a person can properly wear a mask to begin with. #1 if you have a beard, its not going to work as it wont seal to your face. #2 None of this will prevent you from airborne illnesses

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

I'll die on that sword.

The Science from CIDRAP, who's director is Biden's covid czar. Surely paid to bad mouth masks.

The Science from a randomized, controlled study.

Basically "the science" breaks down in two ways.

A number of observational studies conducted conclude there may be a benefit to wearing masks, the randomized controlled studies (i'm aware of three) show there is no evidence for that claim, the authors are always sure to cover their butts from a public flogging by adding in a "but wear a mask anyway".

Again, "The Science" isn't clear.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
The Science from CIDRAP, who's director is Biden's covid czar. Surely paid to bad mouth masks.

The Science from a randomized, controlled study.

Basically "the science" breaks down in two ways.

A number of observational studies conducted conclude there may be a benefit to wearing masks, the randomized controlled studies (i'm aware of three) show there is no evidence for that claim, the authors are always sure to cover their butts from a public flogging by adding in a "but wear a mask anyway".

Again, "The Science" isn't clear.

EXACTLY what ive been saying this entire time. Dont listen to what someone says, watch what they do. and what hospitals do, is not wear masks into rooms of covid patients. they wear full on ventilation suits. and guess what, nurses are still getting covid.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
EXACTLY what ive been saying this entire time. Dont listen to what someone says, watch what they do. and what hospitals do, is not wear masks into rooms of covid patients. they wear full on ventilation suits. and guess what, nurses are still getting covid.
Ok I gotta call Bologna. My mother is a nurse working in the hospital in Minneapolis and they don't get ventilation suits. They also had a break out in some of the nurses and it was in the lunch room. They orders a buffet cratered menu and that is what the outbreak was traced back to.

Mayo clinic also claims their outbreak was from the lunch room when people don't wear masks to eat.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Ok I gotta call Bologna. My mother is a nurse working in the hospital in Minneapolis and they don't get ventilation suits. They also had a break out in some of the nurses and it was in the lunch room. They orders a buffet cratered menu and that is what the outbreak was traced back to.

Mayo clinic also claims their outbreak was from the lunch room when people don't wear masks to eat.

I didnt work in those systems i worked for sanford. so i cannot speak for what they are doing. but every hospital ive seen on TV even has been wearing Suits, and i know the hospital my cousins wife works at as a nurse they wear the suits as well. Also, we had the lunchroom closed in march due to fears of that occuring not sure if it ever was reopened. But i would be willing to bet that may be more because they have a shortage of them that they arent wearing them than anything.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Lunch room is also where people sit for 15-45 minutes allowing the aersols of your breath(that masks don't stop unless its an N95 mask) to spread through the surrounding area.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Great. WHO doctor says wear masks.

Where is the research supporting his statement that lockdowns could be avoided if 95% of people wear masks?

Because all that article is another bureaucrat saying "The Science", followed up with how bad the pandemic is reporting.
Japan is a good example. Everyone wore a mask and they didn't need a lockdown. And don't give me that crap about how they are less likely to get it since there is more recent studies displaying the opposite. Plus its a talking point to make Americans feel less bad at how much we messed up.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Japan is a good example. Everyone wore a mask and they didn't need a lockdown. And don't give me that crap about how they are less likely to get it since there is more recent studies displaying the opposite.

they also were one of the first nations to shut down international travel. and are on an island.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->