Official Calder Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
To the surprise of no one. He's a winger in 5th place, not gonna happen.
Kubalik is only 2 points behind Olofsson and it is reasonably possible for him to surpass O and potentially even Makar or Hughes. If he does end up 2nd in points than I do think it reasonable for him to come in third in voting.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Honestly the only fight left is who will win 3rd place.

Perhaps another Dman which would really be something.

Right now I have it as

1. Makar
2. Hughes
3. Marino/Fox

Reactions: Makar27 and DFAC

Tierce

Dec 28, 2019
Everyone here is sleeping on Suzuki, clear 3rd runner in my mind. And he's not 24 or 22.. Which as you know makes an immense difference.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Since Olofsson came back from injury, Sabres have started winning again. 3 in a row now. He's producing points while showing a well rounded game. Excited for the future. Anyone know the Sabres record while he was recovering?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
In the last 20 years the Calder has been won by a
C - 7 times
W - 7 times
D - 3 times
G - 3 times

There has been a definite favouring for forwards though with Makar and Huges leading the way this far into the season it would appear we will have another D added to the list.
But mainly to counter the meoth's assertion that wingers don't usually win the Calder ( over C's and D's ).

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
In the last 20 years the Calder has been won by a
C - 7 times
W - 7 times
D - 3 times
G - 3 times

There has been a definite favouring for forwards though with Makar and Huges leading the way this far into the season it would appear we will have another D added to the list.
But mainly to counter the meoth's assertion that wingers don't usually win the Calder ( over C's and D's ).
Oh is that what I was saying now? You seem to have completely missed my point.

I'm saying he's a winger getting handily outscored by 2 DEFENSEMEN and Olofsson has a lot fewer games played and still outscoring him lol. Stop homering it up. He's behind Suzuki too. Even if he catches Makar and Hughes, they're defensemen. He doesn't have much of a chance at all really.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
Wait hold up now the swedish jesus broke every record for the youngest D in the NHl and got zero respect for votes

Well see if you guys get the same result

Pettersson had almost double Dahlin's ppg (.93 vs .54) and had 22 more points in ten less games, not all comparable to what Makar and Hughes are doing compared to VO. He has .89 vs .86 and .78 and has less points than both overall.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Wrong. Yamamoto is PPG. These forwards are lucky he has not played a full season or he would be crushing them. Almost all of his scoring is ES as well.

I mean he is the lucky one playing only like 18 games. I don't wanna pull from Dekes handbook but that S% though.

He would absolutely not be "crushing" Olofsson either.

Oh, and Yamms isn't even technically a rookie so, WRONG.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Hate to say it, but Kubalik is the only rookie with a shot at 30 goals.

He's just as much in the equation as the other top guys here

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Hate to say it, but Kubalik is the only rookie with a shot at 30 goals.

He's just as much in the equation as the other top guys here

He has absolutely no chance. A 50p forward is never winning the Calder over a 60p defenseman.

A rookie has scored 30+ goals 26 times in the last 30 years.

A rookie defenseman has scored 60+ points 1 time in the last 30 years.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I mean he is the lucky one playing only like 18 games. I don't wanna pull from Dekes handbook but that S% though.

He would absolutely not be "crushing" Olofsson either.

Oh, and Yamms isn't even technically a rookie so, WRONG.

I get your name doesn't mean any bias at all but I found this post laughable in every sense.

Yeah the dude about to turn 25 compared to the 21 year old is more of a rookie. Just because the NHL's broken rules says so doesn't mean you can act with such ignorance.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
He has absolutely no chance. A 50p forward is never winning the Calder over a 60p defenseman.

A rookie has scored 30+ goals 26 times in the last 30 years.

A rookie defenseman has scored 60+ points 1 time in the last 30 years.
There isn't a 60 point rookie defenseman.

If were going to go off projections, who's to say Kubalik won't score 40? The guy gets hot and carries the Hawks in goals for a week or two.

40 goals wins the Calder, over a 60 point defenseman, just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad