unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
CC6qYIjUEAAZzoG.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I just need a ****ing win tonight to get my mental state to where it should be. Absolutely disgusted that they were rewarded for their "efforts", I wonder how better we'd be as a team if we got those lucky bounces for once.

But what can you ****ing do, I hope McDavid prepares himself for BoA!

I'm not disagreeing at all that they've got lucky bounces, but so have we. I mean, to get Monahan and Bennett at 6 and 4 respectively is a steal in itself.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I'm not disagreeing at all that they've got lucky bounces, but so have we. I mean, to get Monahan and Bennett at 6 and 4 respectively is a steal in itself.

You are absolutely right. I keep forgetting that Monahan was the 4th center taken in that draft like Taranis said, it's crazy to think how we hit a jackpot there.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You are absolutely right. I keep forgetting that Monahan was the 4th center taken in that draft like Taranis said, it's crazy to think how we hit a jackpot there.

Like they definitely have been lucky in recent years, but I'd say overall we've scored the most luck in the last 2 drafts considering our position. But damn it feels great, we deserve it!

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Like they definitely have been lucky in recent years, but I'd say overall we've scored the most luck in the last 2 drafts considering our position. But damn it feels great, we deserve it!
Agree with this. I was in the Lindholm boat big time but I am so glad I had no idea what I was talking about. If not for that Monahan pick I'm not sure we are a playoff team right now. He's exceeded my expectations this season and he's only 20. And Bennet looks to be a really good pick too.

Oh and Gaudreau in the 4th round. Absolute diamond in the rough. We've got some luck.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Agree with this. I was in the Lindholm boat big time but I am so glad I had no idea what I was talking about. If not for that Monahan pick I'm not sure we are a playoff team right now. He's exceeded my expectations this season and he's only 20. And Bennet looks to be a really good pick too.

Oh and Gaudreau in the 4th round. Absolute diamond in the rough. We've got some luck.

Can you imagine how far back this team would be without Monahan and Gaudreau? Imagine neither pans out or w/e. We just traded Baertschi as well. Our only real 'diamond' would be Bennett. We would be would look like the Oilers after drafting say, Hall.

Aug 21, 2014
Can you imagine how far back this team would be without Monahan and Gaudreau? Imagine neither pans out or w/e. We just traded Baertschi as well. Our only real 'diamond' would be Bennett. We would be would look like the Oilers after drafting say, Hall.

We'd be in contention for McDavid. :laugh:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I am quite fine with the Oilers getting McDavid because they were so generous to pass up Sam Bennett :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad