OT: Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I've been doing some research on places to stay and I found that people have been getting the SpringHill suites on West Bell Rd. in Glendale/Peoria for as low as $38 a night. Looks pretty close to Surprise and not too far from the arena. Any thoughts on that area?

Pretty close to Surprise? You're basically there. Any reason you want to visit Silver-Hair-City? ;) The area isn't bad but it's not amazing from a tourist standpoint. You'll be within a few minutes of Westgate and some entertainment. If you want to go to P. Bianco I suggest hiking Camelback mountain while you are in that area. Not really a serious hike but its a fun experience and you get a nice view of the valley. Also, stick to the 101 and 51 for getting around. The 17 is not the best experience.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Pretty close to Surprise? You're basically there. Any reason you want to visit Silver-Hair-City? ;) The area isn't bad but it's not amazing from a tourist standpoint. You'll be within a few minutes of Westgate and some entertainment. If you want to go to P. Bianco I suggest hiking Camelback mountain while you are in that area. Not really a serious hike but its a fun experience and you get a nice view of the valley. Also, stick to the 101 and 51 for getting around. The 17 is not the best experience.

Oh it's not my choice. The girlfriend is visiting a good friend of hers that moved there over the summer. Her friend is losing her mind out of boredom already. I just want to be close to the arena and Surprise so I don't have to drive an hour or more to and from this chick's house. Even better, when I plugged the directions from the arena to her house in on mapquest it said of her road "portions unpaved". Swell, although I guess that's somewhat common down there. Should be interesting for me at night.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I have updated some infomation including letting our past and future visitiors to Arizona share their experences good or bad regardless if they went to an NHL game here or not.

Also the regulars here are free to post their experences about Arizona as well so we can make this thread as interactive as possible.

Dolemite( is that right?) please feel free to plug anything you want here from your AZvibe site so our visitiors can get an idea of what other events are going on as well besides Coyotes Hockey.

I made a note at the start page as well for our visitiors to look for uncoming events in Phoenix.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
was just going to post a topic - but saw this. Heading down to PHX for a few days - Canuck game 29th and Suns/Celts 30th. Where would be the best place to get tix? Stub hub? Guessing a bit of a price diff between the two :)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
was just going to post a topic - but saw this. Heading down to PHX for a few days - Canuck game 29th and Suns/Celts 30th. Where would be the best place to get tix? Stub hub? Guessing a bit of a price diff between the two :)
Shoot a PM to user RR. He can get you decently discounted tickets to the Phoenix/Vancouver game, just mention that you'd like the Ambassador Club discount. If you don't want to do that then your best bet is to just call the box office. Avoid stub hub, that place is like ebay, it's where people go to pay more for things for no apparent reason. As for Suns, I would just call the box office as well.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Thanks! I already have 'Yotes tix, but will call the Suns box office. Pretty excited! How has the weather been lately?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Thanks! I already have 'Yotes tix, but will call the Suns box office. Pretty excited! How has the weather been lately?

Depends where you go! N. Arizona is cold and could snow this week.
Its been warm here but be prepared for the cold and rain in the desert if it happens.

You staying at a good hotel? What plans do you have for your time in AZ may I ask besides the sporting events?

If you can please shares your AZ experience with us good or bad.

Thanks and enjoy your time here and the games.
Posted via Mobile Device

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Heading down for three days. Canuck/PHX game one night, Suns/Celtics the other. Plan on golfing during the day if weather cooperates, and checking out some bars/clubs at the night time.

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side

just got this in my mail:

As a Travelzoo VIP, you are receiving this Newsflash email
before other subscribers.

PHOENIX--DECEMBER 22, 2009-- The Phoenix Suns just cut up to
50% off ticket prices for two home games exclusively for
Travelzoo subscribers.

For the Christmas Day game against the Los Angeles Clippers,
these tickets are 50% off:
- Upper Level Corner ... $15.37 (reg. $30.75)
- Upper Level Center ... $27.75 (reg. $55.50)

For Dec. 30 against the Boston Celtics, tickets are 40% off
the following seats:
- Upper Level Corner ... $24.60 (reg. $41)
- Upper Level Center ... $44.40 (reg. $74)

This offer ends on Dec. 25 and will likely sell out.

Click below and use offer code TRVLZOO and select your
seats from the interactive map for the L.A. Clippers game:
http://www.travelzoo.com/newsflash/76852956-716096/

Click below and use offer code TRVLZOO and select your
seats from the interactive map for the Boston Celtics game:
http://www.travelzoo.com/newsflash/76852956-716099/

Ticketing fees of $9.75 per ticket will be added to the
final total. These fees also apply to non-discounted
tickets.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
few more q's

1) Staying in Old Scottsdale - any golf courses worth checking out? Going to play a round. Have a car so location isn't a huge issue.

2) Going to have a full day to do some exploring, any sites/towns/places to recommend?

cheers.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
few more q's

1) Staying in Old Scottsdale - any golf courses worth checking out? Going to play a round. Have a car so location isn't a huge issue.

2) Going to have a full day to do some exploring, any sites/towns/places to recommend?

cheers.

1) Depends on your price range. There are dirt cheap courses and hella expensive courses.

2) Depends on what you're up for.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
few more q's

cheers.

Checkout the start of the thread for the golf course link.

Flagstaff has snow and the Grand Caynon is north of.
Posted via Mobile Device

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Snow, nice... Although we have yet to see any here in Van. Will do (golf course link).

Is Sedona worth checking out?

pyregretzky

Aug 11, 2009
Snow, nice... Although we have yet to see any here in Van. Will do (golf course link).

Sedona is pretty awesome and has some of the best scenic views you will see. You might also want to check out Meteor Crater if you are up north :)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The Red Rocks of Sedona are a sight to see for most but I imagine it'll be very cool for someone from your neck of the woods! They are also great for hiking if you're into that sort of thing.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Thanks for the help! Had an amazing time at the game, I can see why they want to keep the team in PHX. Westgate area was unbelievable, I had no idea what it was like, just knew the Cards stadium was beside the arena. Lots of Canuck fans, went for a few pops before the game. Great crowd too. Had fun at the Suns game too, but not really a basketball guy! Definitely picked the right place to stay (Scottsdale), lots was going on every night.

Also enjoyed Sedona, was a bit cold but amazing scenery. Didn't have time for the jeep tour unfortunately.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Thanks for the help! Had an amazing time at the game, I can see why they want to keep the team in PHX. Westgate area was unbelievable, I had no idea what it was like, just knew the Cards stadium was beside the arena. Lots of Canuck fans, went for a few pops before the game. Great crowd too. Had fun at the Suns game too, but not really a basketball guy! Definitely picked the right place to stay (Scottsdale), lots was going on every night.

Also enjoyed Sedona, was a bit cold but amazing scenery. Didn't have time for the jeep tour unfortunately.

Excellent! Were glad you had a great time. Westgate AZ is one of the reasons why the NHL wants to keep the team here considering the Arena was the 1st building there before all that you saw. Also a lot of snowbirds and transplants as young as in their 20's are from Canada (mostly western CA) as well.

Make sure you visit us again! Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

PeteNJ

Sep 27, 2004
Hi Phoenix forum!
I am a Devils fan and will be in town for the game next week. I am looking around at prices on the Internets and have a question I have yet to see answered, how many rows are there in the lower level sections?

Also, food in the club area...worth it...crap...?

Thanks!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Good questions!

Not sure about the rows exactly since in the lower level some vary depending of which section and side of the rink you're on.

Food is great here.
1. You have your normal concession foods like $4.00 hot dogs, $4-6 soda (Pepsi line) Nachos $4-$7.75 if you want basic chips and cheese or Macho Nachos with salsa sour cream 2 different cheeses steak or chicken and jalapenios in a big bowl.
2. We have specialty places as well like:
Hooters
Boars Head Deli Sandwiches
Oggis Pizza, which also serves meatball parm subs.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Oops I saw you said club area. My mistake.
Toyota Club I never experienced but I have with the Comamerica Club.

In the CA Club, there a buffet with different Items every game but the prime rib is always available.

$25 a person without the Rib and $34 with + 1.50 all you can drink soft drinks.
The food they serve is more fancier, such as:

Pasta with Alfredo and roasted veggies.
Meat Lasagna
Breaded fish

There a great dessert bar with Ice Cream, cookies, brownies, toppings like sprinkles, hot fudge, strawberries, nuts, candy bars, gummy bears.

Dessert 1 serving is included in the buffet price as well normally $7 a pop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Hi Phoenix forum!
I am a Devils fan and will be in town for the game next week. I am looking around at prices on the Internets and have a question I have yet to see answered, how many rows are there in the lower level sections?

Also, food in the club area...worth it...crap...?

Thanks!
I don't technically know how many but I'm guessing there are around 26 rows coinciding with the alphabet. While there is a good chance I'm off, it's not by much. Why are you wanting to know?

Give the Boarshead concession a shot, they are awesome and all things considered pretty healthy too.

krepitch

Coyote Fan
Jul 15, 2009
Phoenix
I don't technically know how many but I'm guessing there are around 26 rows coinciding with the alphabet. While there is a good chance I'm off, it's not by much. Why are you wanting to know?

I think that is right. If you look at the Coyotes website, there is a 3D view and I think the back of the lower level ends at Row Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad