Official Apple Thread - 9/12 - GDT iPhone & friends Release

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The sides being metal? Meh, I think Iphone 5 is where they had the best design and durability. Iphone 4 is that stupid glass and I hate that it's what everyone does now, which is great for how Apple does something and people follow them (even while people mock them while using a handset that was directly affected by Apple's design, lol).

I hope they take most of the cues from Iphone 5 and just really innovates with it. I would love to see them add some texture on the sides so you can grip it better, etc. I am waiting for that one as well, I have the XS Max 512gb, no need for the Pro Max.

But I really want to see a huge gap from Pro Max to the Iphone 12 (whatever they name it).

The biggest overhaul needs to be the whole interface as well, allow people to customize a little more, being able to open files and save them more of a hassle, a revamp of the entire camera UI, etc etc.

And more importantly, figure out a way to finally get rid of the notch. There should be a way to make a screen that can project on top of a camera and hide it altogether.

This is an OS thing, doesn't need to happen with a new phone.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Ok, so I have an issue with my Iphone X. I listen to a lot of podcasts. I would download them on wifi elsewhere and when I come home, I would like to listen to it using my iTunes (I have Windows) syncing to my phone. This used to work without flaws but one day iTune suddenly stopped reading podcasts I downloaded on my phone. Any idea what is the issue here?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Ok, so I have an issue with my Iphone X. I listen to a lot of podcasts. I would download them on wifi elsewhere and when I come home, I would like to listen to it using my iTunes (I have Windows) syncing to my phone. This used to work without flaws but one day iTune suddenly stopped reading podcasts I downloaded on my phone. Any idea what is the issue here?

Not sure but I use the podcast ap on the iPhone vs Itunes. If it's still not working you could try Spotifiy for podcasts.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
You may have to sign out of iTunes on your computer and then sign back in.

Reactions: BKIslandersFan

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The swipe texting is awesome. After offering years of really bad versions via apps, it's finally really well done.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Alright alright. My laptop has finally broken my last straw of patience. I edit a ton of photos on it and this year it has just bogged right down to the point of annoyance when using Adobe lightroom or Capture 1.

So I am considering just picking up an ipad as I have currently been editing my photos on my S10+ but the screen is just a bit too small to work with.

I was eyeing up the new 10.2 ipad but the 9.7 has been reduced to a very nice price for a 128gb model.

as far as I can tell there is not difference between the two besides screen size. they both use the A10 chip and as far as I have read everything else is the same.

I would prefer to go to the Air model but I kind of want to put the extra 300$ that I will save with a 9.7 towards a new camera lens.

so can anyone tell me if they have used photo editing software on the 2018 ipad and if there are any differences I missed between the 2018/2019 ipad models?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Alright alright. My laptop has finally broken my last straw of patience. I edit a ton of photos on it and this year it has just bogged right down to the point of annoyance when using Adobe lightroom or Capture 1.

So I am considering just picking up an ipad as I have currently been editing my photos on my S10+ but the screen is just a bit too small to work with.

I was eyeing up the new 10.2 ipad but the 9.7 has been reduced to a very nice price for a 128gb model.

as far as I can tell there is not difference between the two besides screen size. they both use the A10 chip and as far as I have read everything else is the same.

I would prefer to go to the Air model but I kind of want to put the extra 300$ that I will save with a 9.7 towards a new camera lens.

so can anyone tell me if they have used photo editing software on the 2018 ipad and if there are any differences I missed between the 2018/2019 ipad models?

not to be that guy, but there are some good videos on the topic on YouTube

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
not to be that guy, but there are some good videos on the topic on YouTube

oh I have looked but 99% of the photo and art designer youtubers received Ipad pros this past year to demo and keep for promo videos. Obviously it is the best tool but I was just trying to figure out if the A10 chip is capable enough to handle the task.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Apparently the AirPods Pro were announced recently. $329 CDN seems way too much for 4.5 hours of play to start with. It’s two years later and my original AirPods get about 75 minutes per full charge, if I’m lucky. 15 minutes on the right bud if I’m unlucky. I’m tempted to look at other brands for my next buds. Supposedly the sound quality on these new AirPods are dramatically improved, but I’m betting they still lag behind the competition.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Apparently the AirPods Pro were announced recently. $329 CDN seems way too much for 4.5 hours of play to start with. It’s two years later and my original AirPods get about 75 minutes per full charge, if I’m lucky. 15 minutes on the right bud if I’m unlucky. I’m tempted to look at other brands for my next buds. Supposedly the sound quality on these new AirPods are dramatically improved, but I’m betting they still lag behind the competition.

They actually look pretty cool, noise-cancelling if it actually works. I love my current AirPods and I'll wait for these to be discounted, currently $249.99 with free engraving!! lol

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
They actually look pretty cool, noise-cancelling if it actually works. I love my current AirPods and I'll wait for these to be discounted, currently $249.99 with free engraving!! lol
I tried them in-store. The noise cancelling works much, much better than it does on my Beats Studio 3’s. The transparency mode works surprisingly well. Great tech, but oh so expensive.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The Apple TV app is now available for Amazon devices, rendering the retail Apple TV receivers a lot less valuable. The idea that your paid content from Apple should only be viewable on Apple’s own devices was really stupid anyway.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I got Apple TV+ for free as a student with Apple Music (I'm not a student anymore but still have access to my student email). I'm definitely gonna check out See, Morning Show, and Snoopy. But, at least for the time being, this isn't worth any amount of money per month. They only have Apple originals, and there's so few shows so far.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I got Apple TV+ for free as a student with Apple Music (I'm not a student anymore but still have access to my student email). I'm definitely gonna check out See, Morning Show, and Snoopy. But, at least for the time being, this isn't worth any amount of money per month. They only have Apple originals, and there's so few shows so far.

It seems like a tentative first step for a Apple into this market, with an option to either leverage the iTunes Store market to offer exclusive streaming or discounts, or they just give up and buy Netflix. If Apple wants to get in the video service business, they’ll have to make a choice soon. You’re right, it isn’t worth any money right now. And it won’t be until they make a big move.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Alright so... Thinking about getting the MacBook Air.
Pros and cons? Anyone who has one, is it worth the price tag?

Reactions: David71

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Part of me wants to buy that new 16" MacBook Pro.

... And part of me wonders why the f*** I would spend $2500 on a device promoted heavily on, "We went back to the 2015 keyboards that don't break and brought back the esc key."

As usual, (Since Jobs died anyways) Apple's main selling point is making their product look pretty.

But I'm also using an early 2015 Pro that's slowly but surely dying. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I tried them in-store. The noise cancelling works much, much better than it does on my Beats Studio 3’s. The transparency mode works surprisingly well. Great tech, but oh so expensive.
How does it compare to the Sony and Bose noise cancelling headphones? While I like over the ear headphones, I get the issue most people do with them - ear pain/fatigue and the heat bothering me. So I have been using beats in ear headphones (the ones that have the plastic part that wrap behind your ears and are sweatproof) and have had them for about 8yrs now and they've done more than great for me.

But the new ear pods, they're about 250+ so if I am going to spend it on that, I wonder how it compares to similar in ear noise cancelling styles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad