[Official] Adirondack Flames Thread [Version 2.1.0]

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Final Stats

Five of the teams top seven scorers were rookies. Reinhart and Shore were the only non-rookies to finish in the top 7 and 3/4 of Shores games were played with San Antonio.
Kenny Agostino ended up first in points and assists after a slow start. Wolf finished first in goals.

Ortio is the only goalie on the team worth a damn. I was high on Carr heading into the season, but he was pretty disappointing for the most part. Thiessen is an average goaltender at best at the AHL level. Deserres was released after just one game.

Thanks for this, the AHL is a weird place to view stats and hard to get much background on where they come from.

Looks like Poirier, Wolf the 2 guys I think everyone wanted to see succeed most on forward were the top Goal scorers along with my favorite camp invite Hathaway.
Nice to see Iginla trade pick-up Kenny show he shouldn't be forgotten in the fold of our deep pool.

On Defense was Wotherspoon our top Dman while he was in the AHL? Looks like he put up some solid numbers though Culkin pre-injury seems to have his name pop-up whenever I ask other fans.
Did Kenney Morrison show anything that would indicate he's taking over as our top D prospect? (numbers look great scouting report on him seemed really good, but I haven't seen him play at all)

Would be great to hear others season ending opinions as well if they were able to catch a number of games.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
Would be great to hear others season ending opinions as well if they were able to catch a number of games.

I went to six games this season:

OKC on Jan 9 (5-4 OT loss)
RCH on Jan 24 (4-1 Win)
Utica on Feb 7 (3-2 loss)
TOR on Feb 28 (5-2 loss)
LE on April 11 (5-2 loss)
Utica on April 18 (3-2 loss)

They kind of started declining right around the time I started going. Wolf was my favorite to watch. He seemed a lot more in control of what was going on around him, if that makes sense. They had some pretty poor performances, the last three games I saw they were having a hard time completing passes let alone getting any momentum going. Defense wasn't very impressive, it seemed as if every scoring chance was followed by a rush for the visiting team. They looked out of synch with each other a lot, making mistakes a better team doesn't make.

This is all coming from someone who is just there to watch a game and have fun and beer. I don't pay super close attention to stats or what particular player did what each game. FWIW, Calgary has things to look forward to with Ortio, Wolf, and Agostino in particular. I'm glad I got to watch them as long as I did.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Not AF related, but I really like this logo from San Jose's AHL team next year.

season_promo-1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad