Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I've laughed at some of their mocks in the past but hey, it's early and here are some additional data points: Hughes unanimous No. 1 in look at first round of 2019 Draft

They have Hughes - Kakko - Podkolzin going 1 - 2 - 3 unanimously and then split with the Flyers at #4 taking Cozens/Turcotte/Dach.

After reading all the player profiles, why would I not be surprised that if the Flyers are at 4, they end up drafting Matthew Boldy......

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Tankathon is really fun. Did 10 simulations and got Hughes twice, Kakko once and third pick twice. We also got pushed down to 7th three times.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
If reports are true and we are focused on acquiring #1 if we end up at any pick other than #1 I wonder how much fletcher would be willing to give up to get hughes.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
If reports are true and we are focused on acquiring #1 if we end up at any pick other than #1 I wonder how much fletcher would be willing to give up to get hughes.
Don't see anyone who wins the lottery trading Hughes. Was Lindros the last #1pick traded?

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Don't see anyone who wins the lottery trading Hughes. Was Lindros the last #1pick traded?

Pens traded up for Fleury.

Edit: And the Sedin draft was ... weird.
Edit #2: Also happened in the Lecavalier draft, which I did not know.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There hasn’t been an established top 5 pick traded sans a pick swap in the salary cap era.

Taking out the Kessel, Ryan, Duchene, etc. trades where the picks were traded beforehand as well a pick swaps here’s all the top 10 established picks traded in that same time frame.

2011 - Jeff Carter in a trade for #8 pick+
2012 - Jordan Staal in a trade for #8 pick+
2013 - Cory Schneider in a trade for #9 pick
2017 - Derek Stepan & Antti Raanta in a trade for pick #7+

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Knowing Blech Blahs draft record, he will probably ignore our scouts and push for a player ranked in the 4th with our 1st round pick.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

The pick for Lindros wasn't even traded at the draft. He wasn't traded until after he held out and refused to report to Quebec.

But as pointed out above, there have been trades for #1 since that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Lindros didn't hold out, he had made it very clear he wouldn't play in Quebec. The Nordiques traded Lindros on draft day to two different teams.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Lindros didn't hold out, he had made it very clear he wouldn't play in Quebec. The Nordiques traded Lindros on draft day to two different teams.
Eric Lindros trade shook foundations of NHL

Taken by the Quebec Nordiques with the first pick of the 1991 NHL Draft, Lindros resisted signing with the club. He spent the 1991-92 season playing junior hockey and skating for Canada at the 1992 World Junior Championship and the 1992 Olympics. Lindros reiterated to the Nordiques that he would play outside the NHL in 1992-93 and re-enter the draft in 1993.

Faced with the possibility of losing Lindros with no compensation, the Nordiques began entertaining offers for Lindros' rights, with the culmination of that effort set for the 1992 NHL Draft in Montreal.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So Arthur Kaliyev seems to be picking up steam recently. Still projected as a mid round first ish. A few scouting groups still have him in late first but a few moved him to the mid rounds. Too 10 in scoring in OHL. Seems to be getting comfortable. Described as a sharpshooter with other skill tools in his box. Might be around where we pick)

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
So Arthur Kaliyev seems to be picking up steam recently. Still projected as a mid round first ish. A few scouting groups still have him in late first but a few moved him to the mid rounds. Too 10 in scoring in OHL. Seems to be getting comfortable. Described as a sharpshooter with other skill tools in his box. Might be around where we pick)
I am not a scout but I hear a lot of negative things about Kaliyev. The reviews remind me of Pavel Zacha from the 2015 draft.

For example:
lol - I'd need to fire myself too. People would be shocked at what I've heard from other scouts regarding this player. I'll leave it at that.

Keep this in mind. I like smart, competitive skilled players.Our ranking is as if he's on our team list. I don't want him anywhere high so I plop into an area later on. We use the Jets 3-9 ratings scale. He's a 4 skater and a 4 compete at best. 6 for hockey IQ and I'll go 8 for skill. No compete is a killer for me, combined with bad feet it doesn't help. Love the scoring ability but not showing to be my type of player so far. Trust me when I tell you that I am not alone.

Reminder, not necessarily Kaliev related but it reminds me to point it out....don't forget that we dig into players off ice (speaking to coaches etc..) We've had many players ranked lower in the past because of reasons not related to on ice talent.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I don’t want to right us off yet, but we can only lose a handful of points in remaining games to make the playoffs. I can’t see that happening. We are stuck in the 12-14 wheelhouse. I think we are going back to the USA in round 1. I would keep my eyes on Cole Caufield. Today’s version on Debrinkit, Gaudreau. If we get a first for Simmer, I’m heading back to the USA and nabbing an American goalie with high upside Spencer Knight. I’m predicting an American double dip round 1, like 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad