Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
That looks very tasty for our future.....even if we just get Kakko, with those other players we are going to have a great turn around...not to mention what we will
be getting for Simmer and perhaps some other players that may be dealt this year......as bad as this year has been, I am quite excited for our future...lets just hope the Flyers don't go and do something stupid and win enough games to draft around 10 overall....I want one of those top two picks!!!
That’s how I feel as well. It’s one thing to be in limbo and know you need more pieces but you can’t afford them or don’t have the assets to trade for them. We have a nice opportunity to improve this team dramatically in one summer. It would be amazing to add an entire lethal first line to what’s already here plus frost Morin and Myers. I think we could have a massive turnaround next year if we get Q.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Odds are the Flyers get neither.
That’s not the way to look at it. In an actual lottery you are right. But here someone has to win. It’s looking like the flyers have a real shot. Unlike last years when they were just underachieving and then decided to play, this year is a mind f***. They already think the season is over. Even the third overall looks good.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
MTL fan here!

From what I have read, Philly is ready to move younger assets and picks for proven top 4 RHD and goalie, 3c.
Mtl need a top 4 LHD, could be good trade partner.

Would a type of deal involving Provorov or Sanheim for Petry work ?

:habs
Petry

FOR

:flyers
Sanheim or Provorov

BoringFakeHarlequinbug-size_restricted.gif

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Its the way he words it. Its antagonistic towards the fanbase.

It’s the “journalist” attitude. Because they have “access” and do it for a living they think they’re smarter and better informed than everyone else. Really they are cocooned in their bubble, smelling their own farts. Arrogant, insulated, and reduced to name calling and straw man argument. Pretty soon he’ll be wearing a fur coat and looking remarkably like the Burger King

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
We should get a top 6-7 pick, probably top 3.
My top 6 right now is:
1. Hughes
2. Kaako
3. Turcotte
4. Cozens
5. Boldy
6. Podkolzin
I really like Turcotte alot. I think Cozens has a lot to offer with size, skating, shot and toughness. He is a pretty safe really good player. I like what Boldy brings to the table too. Podkolzin to me is the wild card. He could go anywhere from 3 to 6. He could be a star. Some of what I have read recently, puts him at 3 maybe 2. Any way we are getting someone really good.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We should get a top 6-7 pick, probably top 3.
My top 6 right now is:
1. Hughes
2. Kaako
3. Turcotte
4. Cozens
5. Boldy
6. Podkolzin
I really like Turcotte alot. I think Cozens has a lot to offer with size, skating, shot and toughness. He is a pretty safe really good player. I like what Boldy brings to the table too. Podkolzin to me is the wild card. He could go anywhere from 3 to 6. He could be a star. Some of what I have read recently, puts him at 3 maybe 2. Any way we are getting someone really good.

It feels weaker than the last several years though after 2. Not a great year to be terrible and miss out on top 2.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t think it’s that bad after the top two. There’s no clear cut defensemen but the Flyers don’t necessarily need one to be in that range.

Like I said before, don’t be surprised if some of those US Program kids go off to college or juniors next year & flourish with better usage & out of certain player’s shadows. They’re obivously moving guys around as much as possible to get enough overall usage out of them but there’s too many mouths to feed on this team. You have Hughes, Zegras, Turcotte, & Beecher as your top center options (they all obviously don’t play those positions on this team). In a normal year a guy like Beecher is probably safely the 2C but on this team he’s the 3C or moved to wing in the top 6.

Other than Hughes all these guys are going to go to teams next year where they won’t be automatically capped out by others (Turcotte/Wisconsin, Zegras/Boston University, & Beecher/Michigan).

Last edited:

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Trevorrrrrrrr Zegrasssssssssss. Get on board, fam.

He's like Farabee in that he's 6ft but his body is not even close to developed, straight line speed needs to come with it, but he's a worker and insanely high IQ. But he has fantastic edge work and 2 step quickness and more pure puck skill and playmaking ability. Like you can mistake him for Hughes now and again with his mannerisms. He might be the 2nd best playmaker in the draft and 3rd most talented player. Hockey sense top 3 too. He's always been my guy who has sneaky star potential in the top 10.

He sometimes plays center, sometimes plays LW next to Hughes. They play too alike though, and I think he's better apart from Hughes. Him and Boldy have crazy good chemistry though. A joy to watch.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
I want the top forward we can get with our first pick, hopefully Hughes/Kakko, obviously. Then, hopefully with a late first rounder we get from a Simmonds trade, I want a RHD. Just looking at rankings, would a Moritz Seider or Victor Soderstrom sound good? I have no idea about either.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Trevorrrrrrrr Zegrasssssssssss. Get on board, fam.

He's like Farabee in that he's 6ft but his body is not even close to developed, straight line speed needs to come with it, but he's a worker and insanely high IQ. But he has fantastic edge work and 2 step quickness and more pure puck skill and playmaking ability. Like you can mistake him for Hughes now and again with his mannerisms. He might be the 2nd best playmaker in the draft and 3rd most talented player. Hockey sense top 3 too. He's always been my guy who has sneaky star potential in the top 10.

He sometimes plays center, sometimes plays LW next to Hughes. They play too alike though, and I think he's better apart from Hughes. Him and Boldy have crazy good chemistry though. A joy to watch.
I have Zegras at 7. If he was more of a goal scorer I'd have him higher. Flyers need finishers, but he is terrific.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I have Zegras at 7. If he was more of a goal scorer I'd have him higher. Flyers need finishers, but he is terrific.

Flyers need the best player picking that high. I don't want a worse player (relatively speaking) because he can score over a better all-around player who is a playmaker. No one takes Boeser over Barzal/Marner. You might as well pass on Hughes for Kakko because Hughes has a muffin. Flyers need all the high end puck skill and play creating and fast play they can get right now. Goal scoring tends to follow, and it's easier to find.

Zegras is 3rd on his team in goals. Him and Hughes are lapping the field in assists. It's almost like they stir the drink for their goal scorers. And funnily enough, players with elite passing and IQ tend to score goals too. Look at Frost's development. Look at Giroux. Zegras has an above average wrist shot and a good nose for the net.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean one of the knocks on Hughes is his shot. He doesn’t really have a lot power behind it but would it really shock anyone if he’s one of the top goal scorers if not the the top one from this class down the line?

Unless it’s like Ovechkin or Laine type who are off the board within the first few picks do you really want to tie yourself down to a guy who has a lot his value into his shot?

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I mean one of the knocks on Hughes is his shot. He doesn’t really have a lot power behind it but would it really shock anyone if he’s one of the top goal scorers if not the the top one from this class down the line?

Unless it’s like Ovechkin or Laine type who are off the board within the first few picks do you really want to tie yourself down to a guy who has a lot his value into his shot?
I agree with that. The players I mentioned are not just goal scorers. Turcotte, Cozens, Podkolzin and Boldy are all multitool high IQ players who skate well. They just seem to be better goal scorers than Zegras, who is a terrific player, and one I'd be very happy if the Flyers got him. Right now, I'd rank the others slightly ahead, but I could see Zegras pass Boldy, Podkolzin and Cozens. I don't know if he is better than Turcotte though. I really like Turcotte. His injury set him behind. We'll see where it stands in another couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->