HF Habs: Official 2019-2020 GDT Schedule+Sign Ups (Round 1 signups open)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Great work on the GDT sandviper! Love the creativity and originality!

Thanks sir! I know the idea of mock subtitles isn’t new, but I was pretty sure this would be a first here.

To be frank, the hardest part (other than learning how to use video software for the first time) was trying to come up with a script that matches the action on screen. Not to say other GDT’s require less time and effort but this was a first for me to rely on timing and on-screen visual cues that I can’t control.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Thanks sir! I know the idea of mock subtitles isn’t new, but I was pretty sure this would be a first here.

To be frank, the hardest part (other than learning how to use video software for the first time) was trying to come up with a script that matches the action on screen. Not to say other GDT’s require less time and effort but this was a first for me to rely on timing and on-screen visual cues that I can’t control.
What video software did you use? Was it time consuming to learn how to use it?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What video software did you use? Was it time consuming to learn how to use it?

Actually, I used whatever was built into Windows 10. It actually wasn’t too hard to learn, but I did spend a good hour just figuring out how to break up the original video. The way I had to do the subtitles was I had to basically cut up the 2:30 video into like 5 second chunks roughly. I then was able to add a subtitle to each, but it took a long time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Actually, I used whatever was built into Windows 10. It actually wasn’t too hard to learn, but I did spend a good hour just figuring out how to break up the original video. The way I had to do the subtitles was I had to basically cut up the 2:30 video into like 5 second chunks roughly. I then was able to add a subtitle to each, but it took a long time.

Amazing job, Sandviper. So original.

Only one thing ... SOS Sandviper: I know your caption says "no ragrets" :D, but was looking to listen to watch video again and to my surprise, it was taken down. Says "no video available": GDT: - Canadiens vs Blues: The Plan @ 19:00 on CITY, TVA Sports, TSN 690 Radio

Any way you can post it again? Only do it if it's not time consuming. I totally understand how you may not have or be able to find a site to host it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Amazing job, Sandviper. So original.

Only one thing ... SOS Sandviper: I know your caption says "no ragrets" :D, but was looking to listen to your video again and to my surprise, it was taken down. Says "no video available": GDT: - Canadiens vs Blues: The Plan @ 19:00 on CITY, TVA Sports, TSN 690 Radio

Any way you can post it again? Only do it if it's not time consuming. I totally understand how you may not have or be able to find a site to host it.

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I'll see if I can put it somewhere else. I hope it wasn't a copyright issue as I thought I heavily modified it enough, but it could also had been a bandwidth limit reached.

Edit: Ok, seemed Vimeo deemed it a "TV rip" so it got taken down. I put it on YT and made it private since it's not there to make money or anything. Let's see if this holds:

Last edited:

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Anyone got Toronto @ Montreal on Oct 26th!?

Also what's recommended width!?

EDIT: If no one has claimed it I'd like to do it, I have something pretty neat started

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No volunteers so I jumped in for today’s game vs. the Blues.

Reactions: donghabs98

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Oh, thanks for letting me know. I'll see if I can put it somewhere else. I hope it wasn't a copyright issue as I thought I heavily modified it enough, but it could also had been a bandwidth limit reached.

Edit: Ok, seemed Vimeo deemed it a "TV rip" so it got taken down. I put it on YT and made it private since it's not there to make money or anything. Let's see if this holds:

I can certainly see what all the fuss was about! Absolutely fantastic and hilarious in the most creative way. I salute you sir!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Don't know where you got the idea but it's hilarious. Do you mind me sending this to a few of my Habs fans out here in Halifax? Like the management or not, this is genius.

Great job!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Don't know where you got the idea but it's hilarious. Do you mind me sending this to a few of my Habs fans out here in Halifax? Like the management or not, this is genius.

Great job!

Sure, feel free to share since it's still up. As of now, YT hasn't complained about copyright infringement, so enjoy while it lasts.

The idea itself I had planned for months. I just had to fine the right clip to time with the planned script. Hardest part was learning how to edit the audio and syncing the subtitles, which is why technically, it's a little muddy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@donghabs98 - I didn’t see your GDT. We can remove mine and I can reuse later this month when we play the Kings again.

I also messaged @Le Tricolore but any mod can do it.

I was going to make a third GDT based on the current dueling GDTs.

The concept I had in mind was using George Constanza’s pretention to be an architect in order to take credit for donghabs’s fluid design concept and then in typical George fashion, create a bungling that denies sandviper’s efforts for tonight’s game.

Looking for a laugh track. Hoping this works. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Ok, didn’t realize we don’t play LA again till next year, lol. I don’t know if my video will be relevant then, however, I can modify it for Jersey, so I’ll take that game on the 16th.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am withdrawing from doing any further GDTs for personal reasons.

It's been fun and thank all of you for your support.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad