Official 2018 IIHF World Championship Thread

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm really out of the loop with this tournament since Canada has no Flyers this time.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Nečas really took a next step today, one of our better (if not the best) forwards today. Looking forward to watching him grow to a prolific NHL player

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not at all surprised to see that Gudas is playing well. Having to be more careful did effect him this year, but you really shouldn't underestimate the negative impact playing with Manning has.

If he can drag down great guys like Ghost and Provorov, obviously the effect will be even more harmful to a lesser defensemen.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I'm not at all surprised to see that Gudas is playing well. Having to be more careful did effect him this year, but you really shouldn't underestimate the negative impact playing with Manning has.

If he can drag down great guys like Ghost and Provorov, obviously the effect will be even more harmful to a lesser defensemen.

Chance creation at WC.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Gudas had a variety of partners, highly various in terms of experience too, be it youngsters or exNHL Michal Jordán. Did very well in terms of both offense and defense, almost no dumb penalties aside from the very first match

Long story short, two positive aspects from Czech pov: 1) Gudas played well, 2) Czechs didnt have a Manning.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Was sat right near Elias Pettersson today...

as you all know I have loved him as a player since early in his draft year.

But jeez I did not quite realise how small he is physically. Just a really narrow frame, I cannot believe he is even the ~165lbs listed at. My brother is the same height as him at 170lbs and looks 50% wider on his torso.

If he can ever fill out he is going to be absolutely amazing. What he did this year in the SHL while for all intents and purposes being a "kid" with a "kids" body is insane.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->