Official 2018-2019 Edmonton Oil Kings thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Tickets are cheap, everybody should be going out and cheering on the boys. WHL is a lot of fun to watch.

I’m hoping to be able to go once they release the 3rd round schedule. I had to give my tix away for games 1/2 vs Calgary as I was sick with deadly man cold last weekend and felt like crap.

Nice we swept the CHL team with the worst name, jersies and logo that plays in the worst city.

Let’s hope that happens to their NHL team starting tomorrow.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Dylan Miskiw (W 5-2) made 18 saves for his first career WHL shutout, while Quinn Benjafield, Jake Neighbours and Andrew Fyten each had a goal and an assist, as the Oil Kings forced the Hitmen turn their guns on themselves 6-0 to take the series 4-0. Scott tkinson (GWG), Vince Loschiavo (PP) and Wyatt McLrod had the other goals. Parker Gavlas, Ethan Cap, Vladimir Alistrov, David Kope, Andrei Pavlenko, Zach Russell, Josh Williams and Connor McDonald added the other assists. Shots were 37-18 Edmonton. PP was 1/1, PK 2/2. Edmonton won 32 of 58 faceoffs.
WHL Network (includes highlights)
Oil Kings roar into Round 3 with series sweep over Hitmen – Edmonton Oil Kings

The Oil Kings will take on the winner of the Saskatoon/Prince Albert series, which is tied at 2-2.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The OKs run ends here I think, unfortunately.

If they beat PA it'll be a pretty big upset.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
The OKs run ends here I think, unfortunately.

If they beat PA it'll be a pretty big upset.

I dunno man, the boys have come together and are playing for each other. They played PA tight in the RS too. I can smell an upset.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Edmonton vs. Prince Albert (Eastern Conference final):

Game 1 – Friday, April 19 – Art Hauser Centre – Prince Albert – 7:00 p.m. MT
Game 2 – Saturday, April 20 – Art Hauser Centre – Prince Albert – 7:00 p.m. MT
Game 3 – Tuesday, April 23 – Rogers Place – Edmonton – 7:00 p.m. MT
Game 4 – Wednesday, April 24 – Rogers Place – Edmonton – 7:00 p.m. MT
Game 5* – Friday, April 26 – Art Hauser Centre – Prince Albert – 7:00 p.m. MT
Game 6* – Sunday, April 28 – Rogers Place – Edmonton – 2:00 p.m. MT
Game 7* – Tuesday, April 30 – Art Hauser Centre – Prince Albert – 7:00 p.m. MT
* If necessary

Season series (Prince Albert 3-1-0):
Wed, Nov 28 PA 6 EDM 3 FINAL WHL Network
Wed, Dec 12 EDM 5 PA 6 FINAL OT WHL Network
Fri, Feb 1 EDM 6 PA 3 FINAL WHL Network
Mon, Feb 4 PA 5 EDM 1 FINAL WHL Network

#WHLPlayoffs Preview: Edmonton Oil Kings (1) vs. Prince Albert Raiders (1) – Edmonton Oil Kings
VIDEO: Oil Kings Prepared For Eastern Conference Championship – Edmonton Oil Kings

Dylan Miskiw named WHL goalie of the week: Oil Kings’ Myskiw named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week – Edmonton Oil Kings

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Jake Neighbours scored the winner at 14:49 of OT, added an assist and was named first star, as the Oil Kings had the Raiders strung up by their feet 4-3, to tie the series 1-1. Matthew Robertson (named third star) had a PPG and an assist, with Andrew Fyten (PP) and Trey Fix-Wolansky adding the other goals. Parker Gavlas, Ethan Cap, Vince Loschiavo, Josh Williams and Connor McDonald added the other assists. Dylan Miskiw (W 6-3) made 26 saves. Shots were 34-29 Edmonton. PP was 2/4, PK 1/1. Prince Albert won 39 of 70 faceoffs.
Jake Neighbours Plays OT Hero as Oil Kings Knot Series 1-1 – Edmonton Oil Kings
GALLERY: Raiders 3, Oil Kings 4 (OT) – Prince Albert Raiders

Prairie Oyster

Feb 24, 2015
Solid 5-1 win to take a 2-1 series lead. Game 4 tomorrow night, huge must-win game in my opinion. Don't want to go back to P.A. tied up at 2 a piece.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Vince Loschiavo had 2 goals (1 PP) and an assist and was named first star, with Trey Fix-Wolansky (named second star) adding 3 assists, as the Oil Kings strung up the Raiders by their thumbs 5-1 to take a 2-1 series lead. Matthew Robertson, Josh Williams (PP) and Connor McDonald added the other goals. Quinn Benjafield (2 and named third star), Vladimir Alistrov, Jake Neighbours, Andrei Pavlenko and Andrew Fyten added the other assists. Dylan Miskiw (W 7-3) made 28 saves. Shots were 39-29 Edmonton. PP was 2/5, PK 2/3. Edmonton won 40 of 67 faceoffs.
Commanding Game Three Win Gives Oil Kings Series Lead Over Raiders – Edmonton Oil Kings
PHOTOS: Tuesday, April 23 – Oil Kings vs Raiders Game 3 – Edmonton Oil Kings
REACTION: Tuesday, April 23 – Oil Kings vs Raiders Game 3 – Edmonton Oil Kings

Game 4 goes tonight at Rogers Place @ 7 PM, with the Oil Kings looking to take a strangle hold on the series.
Listen at TSN 1260 OTA or online or watch on WHL Live

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah but that's junior hockey. As you get older you (usually) get better and every team goes through cycles of players.
We finished dead last, last year. Yes, there is generally improvement as young players mature, and really, when you finish last, there is nowhere to go but up. But to go from that to leading the 3rd round and doing it in fairly dominant fashion only one year later, is rather impressive.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->