Official 2018-2019 Edmonton Oil Kings thread

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Had the Saskatoon-Moose Jaw game (among others) going on. The Blades win in OT to sweep the series. All the coaches were out to shake hands, except the Warriors' head coach, Tim Hunter, who went right to the dressing room. Not a good showing.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
On Wednesday, Vince Loschiavo had 2 goals (1 PP) and an assist and was named first star, as the Oil Kings shaved the Tigers to the skin 5-1 and tie the series at 2-2. Quinn Benjafield (PP and named second star), Matthew Robertson and Andrew Fyten (GWG) all had a goal and an assist. Trey Fix-Wolansky (2), Jake Neighbours and Connor McDonald added the other assists. Todd Scott (W 1-0) made 14 saves. Shots were 36-15 Edmonton. PP was 2/5, PK 4/5. Medicine Hat won 37 of 69 faceoffs.
WHL Network (includes highlights)
Veteran contributions lead to solid road win in Game 4 – Edmonton Oil Kings

Tomorrow night, the teams go back at it for Game 5 at Rogers Place @ 7 PM
Listen at TSN 1260 OTA or online or watch on WHL Live

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Trey Fix-Wolansky had 2 goals (including the GWG) and was named first star, as the Oil Kings wiped their muddy work boots on the Tigers 5-4 to take a 3-2 series lead. Andrei Pavlenko (named second star) had a goal and an assist, with Andrew Fyten and Scott Atkinson getting the other goals. Wyatt McLeod (2), Vladimir Alistrov (2), Vince Loschiavo (2), Quinn Benjafield, David Kope and Jake Neighbours had the other assists. Todd Scott (W 2-0) made 27 saves. Shots were 39-31 Edmonton. PP was 0/4, PK 4/5. Edmonton won 46 of 86 faceoffs.
Oil Kings push Tigers to the brink with 5-4 win in Game 5 – Edmonton Oil Kings
PHOTOS: Friday, March 29 – Oil Kings vs Tigers Game 5 – Edmonton Oil Kings
REACTION: Friday, March 29 – Oil Kings vs Tigers Game 5 – Edmonton Oil Kings

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Looks like the boys are finding their playoff groove. They're pretty damn hard to stop when they're firing on all cylinders.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The teams are back at the Canalta Centre in Medicine Hat for Game 6 @ 6 PM tomorrow, with the Oil Kings looking to clinch the series, up 3-2.
Listen at TSN 1260 OTA or online or watch on WHL Live

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Oil Kings, Golden Bear, Condors all >>>> better than Oilers!
I know it won't happen before the crappy Oilers finish playing out the string but I believe that their center-ice logo at Rogers should be replaced with that of the Oil Kings immediately when/if they eliminate the Tigers.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Hurricanes-Hitmen looks like a wild series. Lethbridge just won in OT to force a Game 7, after Calgary went up 6-5 with 2:20 left in the third.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They won the series.

I mean they finished over 20 games over .500 for a reason. They’re not as good as PA but they’re probably the third best team in the Conference ... and one of the top two won’t make it through Round Two because they’re playing each other.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I mean they finished over 20 games over .500 for a reason. They’re not as good as PA but they’re probably the third best team in the Conference ... and one of the top two won’t make it through Round Two because they’re playing each other.

I live in the Hat so yeah, I root for the Tigers. Congrats to the Oil Kings, they deserved to go to the 2nd round. The Tigers had no business stretching it as long as they did. It was all Sogaard who got them six games and a little bit and had them one goal away from forcing a game 7. Amazing what good goaltending can do for a team.

Reactions: oilers'72

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Yay OK are the best! They just barely won the last 2 games!

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Vince Loschiavo scored 2:43 into OT, as the Oil Kings dined on freshly roasted Tigers 4-3 to take the series 4-2. Trey Fix-Wolansky had a SHG and an assist, with Wyatt McLeod and Connor McDonald adding the other goals. David Kope and Jake Neighbours added assists. Todd Scott (W 3-0) made 26 saves. Shots were 37-29 Edmonton. PP was 0/1, PK 2/3 with a SHGF. Edmonton won 45 of 82 faceoffs.
Loschiavo’s OT GWG gives Oil Kings Round 1 series win vs. Tigers – Edmonton Oil Kings

The team now awaits the winner of the Calgary/Lethbridge series, which wraps up tomorrow night in Lethbridge.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Vince Loschiavo scored 2:43 into OT, as the Oil Kings dined on freshly roasted Tigers 4-3 to take the series 4-2. Trey Fix-Wolansky had a SHG and an assist, with Wyatt McLeod and Connor McDonald adding the other goals. David Kope and Jake Neighbours added assists. Todd Scott (W 3-0) made 26 saves. Shots were 37-29 Edmonton. PP was 0/1, PK 2/3 with a SHGF. Edmonton won 45 of 82 faceoffs.
Loschiavo’s OT GWG gives Oil Kings Round 1 series win vs. Tigers – Edmonton Oil Kings

The team now awaits the winner of the Calgary/Lethbridge series, which wraps up tomorrow night in Lethbridge.

I'm going to be in Lethbridge tomorrow for work. I'm going to try and get tickets but because the World Curling Championship has taken over Enmax, they're playing at the University arena. My buddy who lives there said tickets could be hard to get because it's a 1/4 the size of Enmax.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I'm going to be in Lethbridge tomorrow for work. I'm going to try and get tickets but because the World Curling Championship has taken over Enmax, they're playing at the University arena. My buddy who lives there said tickets could be hard to get because it's a 1/4 the size of Enmax.

I saw this on Lethbridge News Now:

• A ticket centre will not be open at the arena, so fans are asked to not forget their tickets.

Best you can hope for is:

Since Nicholas Sheran Arena cannot accommodate as many fans as the Enmax Centre, a free Playoffs Fan Zone has been set up at Bully’s in Lethbridge for live coverage of the game.
Features include:
  • 18’ x 10’ LED screen
  • Pre-game show
  • Music during breaks
  • MC and DJ in-house
  • Concession and bar service
  • Kids programming
  • Prizes for fans in attendance
  • A 50/50 draw by the United Way

City lays out protocol for Hurricanes playoff games at Nicholas Sheran Arena

Reactions: McFuhryous

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
My co-worker is a season ticket holder and he said that all the tickets for the Nicholas Sheran games were distributed through a lottery to season ticket holders.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->