Official 2018-2019 Edmonton Oil Kings thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sounds like we lost tonight. I couldn’t make it, how was the game (from anyone that went)?Looks like we lost a nail biter 2-1.

I’ll be at the game Sunday afternoon cheering the boys on.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Dylan Miskiw (L 7-4) made 25 saves and was named third star, but the Raiders escaped and made off with the Oil Kings' stores of grain 2-1, to tie the series at 2-2. Wyatt McLeod scored the lone goal, with Quinn Benjafield adding the assist. Shots were 27-26 Prince Albert. PP was 0/3, PK 2/2. Edmonton won 32 of 60 faceoffs.
WHL Network (includes highlights)
Late Push Not Enough As Oil Kings Drop Game 4 – Edmonton Oil Kings
PHOTOS: Wednesday, April 24 – Oil Kings vs Raiders Game 4 – Edmonton Oil Kings
REACTION: Wednesday, April 24 – Oil Kings vs Raiders Game 4 – Edmonton Oil Kings

The teams are back in Prince Albert's Art Hauser Centre for game 5 @ 7 PM
Listen at TSN 1260 OTA or online or watch on WHL Live
VIDEO: Oil Kings Hit The Road For Prince Albert With Series Split – Edmonton Oil Kings
Crucial Game Five Tonight in Prince Albert – Edmonton Oil Kings

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Looks like the EOK lost 4-0 tonight. Sunday is win or go home game. Should be a good one. Terry Jones pisses me right f***ing off. Wrote the "upset" column after we went up 2-1. Was similar to the "Chia is a genius" article he wrote after the Hitch Heater shortly after he was hired. I read his EOK article and was like, man shut the f*** up, we haven't won anything yet or upset anyone. There is still a looooong way to go in this series. He gets too giddy over small victories.

Mind you does anyone read the Sun anymore?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looks like the EOK lost 4-0 tonight. Sunday is win or go home game. Should be a good one. Terry Jones pisses me right ****ing off. Wrote the "upset" column after we went up 2-1. Was similar to the "Chia is a genius" article he wrote after the Hitch Heater shortly after he was hired. I read his EOK article and was like, man shut the **** up, we haven't won anything yet or upset anyone. There is still a looooong way to go in this series. He gets too giddy over small victories.

Mind you does anyone read the Sun anymore?

I read it for the articles. ;)

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Dylan Miskiw (L 7-5) made 26 saves, but the Raiders stole the drawbridge of the Oil Kings 4-0 to take a 3-2 series lead. Shots were 30-24 Prince Albert. PP was 0/0, PK 2/3. Prince Albert won 27 of 51 faceoffs.
Oil Kings Head Back To Edmonton For Must Win Game Six – Edmonton Oil Kings
REACTION: Friday, April 26 – Oil Kings at Prince Albert Game 5 – Edmonton Oil Kings
GALLERY: Raiders 4, Oil Kings 0 – Prince Albert Raiders

Tomorrow afternoon, the Oil Kings face elimination as the teams go at it at Rogers Place @ 2 PM
Listen at TSN 1260 OTA or online or watch on WHL Live

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Heading to the game shortly. A must win to keep alive! Hope the boys can pull it off and head to PA for Game 7!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
4-2 loss. Bad giveaways and penalties cost us but PA was the better team. TF-W scored one of the nicest goals I’ve seen - shortie to boot - in that building though on our 2nd goal.

It’s too bad we didn’t take a flyer on him with our 7th pick last year. I think Columbus has a 4th line leader who can score on their hands who can play up and down the lineup. Wish that kid well. He’s a gamer.

Reactions: abootzky

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Even though the Oil Kings lost I'm glad I was there at Rogers Place today. They were overmatched vs Prince Albert but they never quit. Also, there's a very good chance that Edmonton's second goal will be the last one we see Trey Fix-Wolansky score as an Oil King. It was a spectacular shorthanded effort and nicely illustrated what an absolute treat it has been to watch that kid play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Even though the Oil Kings lost I'm glad I was there at Rogers Place today. They were overmatched vs Prince Albert but they never quit. Also, there's a very good chance that Edmonton's second goal will be the last one we see Trey Fix-Wolansky score as an Oil King. It was a spectacular shorthanded effort and nicely illustrated what an absolute treat it has been to watch that kid play.

Glad I was there as well! That was an awesome goal. Hope he does well in Columbus' system.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I hope he does well for himself and doesn't suffer the fate as Lazar, Samuelsson, or any of the other talented forwards who have come through the OK's system.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Trey Fix-Wolansky had 2 goals and was named second star, but the Raiders put the Oil Kings to the gallows 4-2 to take the series 4-2. Quinn Bejafield had 2 assists and Matthew Robertson added one. Dylan Miskiw (L 7-6) made 20 saves. Andrew Fyten was named first star. Shots were 34-24 Edmonton. PP was 0/4, PK 3/5. Edmonton won 33 of 63 faceoffs.
Oil Kings’ Season Comes to an End at the Hands of Prince Albert – Edmonton Oil Kings
PHOTOS: Sunday, April 28 – Oil Kings vs Raiders Game 6 – Edmonton Oil Kings
REACTION: Sunday, April 28 – Oil Kings vs Raiders Game 6 – Edmonton Oil Kings

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Will Warm was named WHL Humanitarian of the Year.

WHL Humanitarian of the Year – Doug Wickenheiser Memorial Trophy
WINNER: Will Warm – Edmonton Oil Kings

In his third WHL campaign, Will Warm dressed in just 33 regular season games as he dealt with a knee injury. With a burning desire to continue contributing as a member of the Edmonton Oil Kings, Warm decided to make his impact off the ice while recovering from his knee injury, spending time giving back to countless others through an initiative that was eventually coined Will Warms the Community.

The biggest benefactor of Warm’s efforts has been the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). After visiting Ronald McDonald House as part of a team appearance in October, Warm developed an affinity for it and arranged to have six tickets donated to RMHC children and their families for each Oil Kings home game. Regardless of the outcome of the game, he hosted a post-game meet-and-greet with the families and provided autographed items as a token of his appreciation.

Approaching the holiday season, Warm requested the Oil Kings visit Ronald McDonald House as a part of full team hospital visits. He led the players and was excited to introduce his RMHC friends to his teammates. Just prior to Christmas, Warm was invited to hit the switch with Santa, illuminating Ronald McDonald House in lights. That same night, he played games and ate cookies with children at Ronald McDonald House, missing out on part of a team dinner. Additionally, RMHC hosts weekly craft nights for two hours every Thursday – Warm attended eight times.

Trey Fix-Wolnsky was runner-up for WHL Player of the Year.

More on Will Warm, the other award winners and the full video of the presentations: WHL announces 2018-19 Award Winners – WHL Network

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
WHL draft going on right now. Wow I did not realize they had so many rounds.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Fix-Wolansky joined the Cleveland Monsters (CBJ's AHL team) and played three games. He had a goal and assist tonight but the Monsters were eliminated.

Reactions: oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Fan Within

Neat little story about Gregor going to see his Nephew play and win the WHL title.

I've never really seen this side of Gregor to this extent. Really doesn't promote his nephew or show much of that fan within side very often.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Interesting decisions to come. Definitely see why they went for Sawchuk though, 53 points in 67 games as a 19 year old. Could definitely see him up in the 80s maybe even pushing 90 next year. Helps offset the loss of TFW a little.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Miskiw might get traded, as they may want to give Todd Scott more playing time. Connor McDonald will likely be back. It'll be a tossup for the other 2 overage positions.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Miskiw might get traded, as they may want to give Todd Scott more playing time. Connor McDonald will likely be back. It'll be a tossup for the other 2 overage positions.
McDonald and Sawchuk are no brainers imo, just comes down to the third. I could definitely see them moving Myskiw, opens up time for 16 year old Sebastian Cossa to see if he can be the goalie of the future for them. I think they'll wanna be flexible as well on the off chance that the Jackets return TFW for his overage season, and I'm thinking it'd be easier to move Galvas/Warm in season than an overage goalie.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
McDonald and Sawchuk are no brainers imo, just comes down to the third. I could definitely see them moving Myskiw, opens up time for 16 year old Sebastian Cossa to see if he can be the goalie of the future for them. I think they'll wanna be flexible as well on the off chance that the Jackets return TFW for his overage season, and I'm thinking it'd be easier to move Galvas/Warm in season than an overage goalie.

I read the trade story and then totally forgot about Sawchuk. :huh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad