Prospect Info: [Official]: 2017 Draft Thread

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
cut.jpg

Since the summer hole has hit us, I thought I might as well start this thread off, so I can get your opinion on prospects and watch some clips of them. Does anybody know some prospects with rising stock? (outside of the top 30 preferably)

(currently ranked #3) Inb4 he falls and we can snag him next year like the Coyotes with Chychrun. (and turns out ofc :naughty:)

ps for the mods: feel free to edit this post aesthetically or with better grammar, so that only a few can see how bad my english actually is. ;)

Last edited:

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Chychrun fell because he's not that good, not because of an injury...

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This should be a very good draft for WHL talent, whipped up a quick list of potential 1st rounders, in no particular order:

Nolan Patrick (C)
Kailer Yamamoto (C/LW) (kid is gonna be so good)
Michael Rasmussen (C)
Jordy Bellerive (C)
Callan Foote (D)
Juuso Välimäki (D)
Stelio Mattheos (C)
Jaret Anderson-Dolan (C)
Nikita Popugayev (RW)
Austin Pratt (LW)

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Chychrun fell because he's not that good, not because of an injury...

Yea, but he fall from top 3 talent to 16, but I think he´ll become more than some defencemen drafted before him- e.g McAvoy

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Cal Foote
Maxine Comtois
Kristian Vesalainen
Timothy Liljegrin
Eeli Tolvanen
Nolan Patrick

Those are the top guys from what I've seen/heard. Definitely missing some though. Should be another strong draft.

Really like Cal Foote at the summer showcase. He's going to be good. Tolvanen can flat out score. I'm not in love with Patrick (Loubo said he would go ahead of Laine :laugh:), to me he was just ok in the Brandon games I watched.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
From what I've seen I really like Foote, also a lot higher on Patrick than most, he reminds me of Monahan, but with substantially more jam and bite to his game.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Eeli Tolvanen is my bae from this draft. He looks like he's going to kill the NHL, I think he might be as good if not better than the 2 Finns from this season.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I can see Yamamoto falling to the late first or early second round like DeBrincat did this season. I wouldn't mind the Flames nabbing him if they had a pick in that range, assuming he develops as expected, because he would be great value there. But I don't think he'll stay in the top 10, and not just because of his size.

Not convinced by Patrick either. Less of a lock for 1OA than Matthews, or at least he should be.

Love Tolvanen.

These things are all subject to change, of course. Will be interesting to look back on this thread in a year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Imagine a line with Eeli Tolvanen and Eetu Tuulola.

That would actually be nasty as heck, if Tuulola pans out (I think he will indeed play).

But Tolvanen excites me more than anyone else in this draft, at least from little I have seen. That kid is really impressive when you watch him.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Apparently they did something right with the junior programs here in Finland a few (or maybe ten?) years ago. It seems crazy how much talent there seems to be coming every year, compared to early 2000's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->