GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy III

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rumors from the main board say Dallas, Buffalo, Columbus, and Boston are in on Oduya. I'm trying to find a source.

With Oduya they can challenge us, Ristolainen, Bogosian, Oduya and that top6, East getting scarier.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
he's the kind of guy I'd never want on this team and would suck absolutely anywhere but if the habs got him he'd kill us. It's just one of those cosmic constants.

like Kovalev, Kostitsyn, etc. they always manage to get these soft, lazy skill guys and somehow they turn into Bruins killers playing for the Habs.

sounds about right, I just read we shouldn't talk about Semin though lol. I don't remember ever disliking this guy for any reason so if the Bruins brought him in for a look I'd be fine with it. He scorched us with a few big goals when we played Washington in 2012 so that answers my questions about his effort level. I wonder if people remember that dagger he scored against Tim Thomas. 513 points in 634 games is bad? As I said before, I don't care about rep, happy to give him 1yr deal and put him on Krejci's wing.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's on the main board that he turned them down.

It was when the Hawks were trying to clear cap for him but clearly they can't do it, Oduya wanted to stay there.

I love how I was reading twitter and Hawks fans are angry at him because he is not staying :laugh: Don't they know this is a cap world.

I hope he goes to Dallas to bully San Jose.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't really watch the Hawks too much, was Oduya a top 4 guy there?

Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hjalmarsson was their beast shutdown 4D group, all of those played huge huge minutes in the playoffs.
It was them and then the 2 others played around 5-7mins per game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hjalmarsson was their beast shutdown 4D group, all of those played huge huge minutes in the playoffs.
It was them and then the 2 others played around 5-7mins per game.

Boston does not have the same caliber F's that CHI does, which makes a huge difference. Also, with Oduya turning 34 in October, I would pass.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Boston does not have the same caliber F's that CHI does, which makes a huge difference. Also, with Oduya turning 34 in October, I would pass.

I was just answering if he was a top4 guy for the Hawks, but I agree.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I don't really watch the Hawks too much, was Oduya a top 4 guy there?

He was the #4. He and Hjalmarsson made a really good shutdown pairing. Even Chicago fans are wondering if he'll be as good in a different/bigger role. But he did his job very well in Chicago... Well enough for them, in the cap hell that they're in, to try to make room to bring him back.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Oduya at 2 years could be much worse, not sure I would've wanted him anyway (or that we could've got a similar deal, he might not view us as contenders, etc).

Also traumatised by him tying up game 1 and breaking up Daugavins's sure goal in 3OT that same game (he would've scored despite dangling if not for Oduya sliding towards him with his stick down) - else we might have gone up 3-0 in games.
I'm sure at least one other play that saved a sure goal that series. :cry:

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
It's insane how this kid makes that much money.

Krug looks like a steal

Krug is a steal. Edmonton keeps believing that he should be a top 4 puck moving dman which is really what he should be yet year after year they are one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL. Off the top I don't even think I can name 4 defenseman on that team so either my memory stinks or their defense is just that bad.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Draft first overall, sign veteran fa defensemen, trade for back up goalie.

Rinse, repeat. Same thing every year I'll believe playoffs for the Oil when I see it.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Buckle up boys and gals.

I don't see any of these teams willing to give him a long contract. If he wants money, I would imagine Buffalo is in position to give him the most especially after losing out on Oduya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad