Recalled/Assigned: Official 2015-16 Roster Moves Thread | Leafs recall 3

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I get it, Clune took a really stupid penalty and it could have been 2 stupid penalties in that game, but there's a bad sign buried in this. The Leafs just used an NHL contract slot on Clune merely a week ago yet he was 2 and gone with the NHL team. A similar thing is happening with Corrado not getting an opportunity to play 12 games into the season. There seems to be a developing disconnect between the person(s) making the personnel decisions and the coach of the team.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I get it, Clune took a really stupid penalty and it could have been 2 stupid penalties in that game, but there's a bad sign buried in this. The Leafs just used an NHL contract slot on Clune merely a week ago yet he was 2 and gone with the NHL team. A similar thing is happening with Corrado not getting an opportunity to play 12 games into the season. There seems to be a developing disconnect between the person(s) making the personnel decisions and the coach of the team.

I think you might be reaching for a narrative that doesn't exist.

Babcock said he liked Clune in training camp. The reality is though we have better players on the NHL roster and it makes more sense to risk Clune on waivers then others.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Can anyone explain to me the reason as to why the Leafs claimed Corrado, to just keep him in the pressbox?

I know that they sent him down to the Marlies for a conditioning stint, but what was the point in taking up a roster spot to get a rare chance at cracking the line-up.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Can anyone explain to me the reason as to why the Leafs claimed Corrado, to just keep him in the pressbox?

I know that they sent him down to the Marlies for a conditioning stint, but what was the point in taking up a roster spot to get a rare chance at cracking the line-up.

It just seems everything and all decisions are made with a little more patience these days.

It's hard to do much to the the top 2 D pairings.

Marincin and Harrington have been in and out with Polak and they both are getting good looks and chances and being allowed to make mistakes and to learn. But, we could see one of them sit for Corrado and if that happens, he'll be READY, maybe more ready that situations that happened similarly in the past - because you know he's got to be chompin at the bit for the chance. This way, when he does he get a chance, he'll be hungrier (okay, that's maybe a bs theory, but, it could be true).

With Polak, he's been really pretty good the last 2 games. He's even been making moving up on the play a bit more and doing it at the right times.

If he's on the block (which assume everyone is), then, having him in the games to showcase his performance is necessary.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
It just seems everything and all decisions are made with a little more patience these days.

It's hard to do much to the the top 2 D pairings.

Marincin and Harrington have been in and out with Polak and they both are getting good looks and chances and being allowed to make mistakes and to learn. But, we could see one of them sit for Corrado and if that happens, he'll be READY, maybe more ready that situations that happened similarly in the past - because you know he's got to be chompin at the bit for the chance. This way, when he does he get a chance, he'll be hungrier (okay, that's maybe a bs theory, but, it could be true).

With Polak, he's been really pretty good the last 2 games. He's even been making moving up on the play a bit more and doing it at the right times.

If he's on the block (which assume everyone is), then, having him in the games to showcase his performance is necessary.

I understand the patience approach.

But there's a huge difference between practice speed and game speed. And I think that you want to have a player that is game speed ready, rather than a guy coming in cold and trying to catch up.

I don't mind the way they have it set up now, but I think the smart move would be to get him in a game or 2 in the near future.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

I don't get it either

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
JVR, Bozak and Lupul out...time for Kadri to have some "maintenance days" and stop the goals altogether.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Practice lineup today...:laugh:

Grabner Kadri Komarov
Holland Arcobello Parenteau
Winnik Spalling Leivo
Clune Froese Boyes

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Practice lineup today...:laugh:

Grabner Kadri Komarov
Holland Arcobello Parenteau
Winnik Spalling Leivo
Clune Froese Boyes

Think that's even worse than the Jason Blake rosters.

Perfect timing considering the potential movement in the standings the next couple of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad