OT: Official 2013 ticket thread Part 7 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomeguy

Jun 30, 2011
I gather you work for them. Shouldn't product reps not be allowed on here? Isn't there some literature about that someplace.

30% is ridiculous. No other way to say it then that.

I imagine scams don't happen frequently, regardless of what you say.

Two tickets to the sox game 6 for 44xx, i get back 34xx. Thats absurd and is highway robbery.

Then dont use stubhub. simple as that really.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I'm happy to make an even trade for my B's tickets for Thurs night for Sox tickets for Wed night. Of course, would trade face value for face value only.

Last edited:

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I have facebook friend displaying game 6 ticket pictures, with the bar code clearly showing. Not a great idea

Not a good idea for the B's. But an even worse idea for the sox. SH has access to the integrity of the tickets with their mlb deal. All one needs to do is write down the bar code and seat/ticket info and they can sell a pair of tickets on SH they simply took a screen shot of online. The hard tickets are voided when the SH sale goes through and the person who shows up at the gate with the hard tickets finds out when they get to the gates at the park.

Pretty surprised so many are still ignorant to the way bar codes work thee days.

p.s.- I'd probably shoot him a pm telling him to remove if you haven't already. If he wants to make sure someone hasn't already entered his ticket info into stubhub's system to try to sell them, tell him he can attempt to enter it in himself (as if he were going to sell them) and if they bar codes don't take he'll know he has an issue. If they do take he can simply remove them if he has no intention of selling them.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
Not a good idea for the B's. But an even worse idea for the sox. SH has access to the integrity of the tickets with their mlb deal. All one needs to do is write down the bar code and seat/ticket info and they can sell a pair of tickets on SH they simply took a screen shot of online. The hard tickets are voided when the SH sale goes through and the person who shows up at the gate with the hard tickets finds out when they get to the gates at the park.

Pretty surprised so many are still ignorant to the way bar codes work thee days.

p.s.- I'd probably shoot him a pm telling him to remove if you haven't already. If he wants to make sure someone hasn't already entered his ticket info into stubhub's system to try to sell them, tell him he can attempt to enter it in himself (as if he were going to sell them) and if they bar codes don't take he'll know he has an issue. If they do take he can simply remove them if he has no intention of selling them.

He removed the picture, someone definitely warned him.

I see on Craigslist, someone selling game 7 at a market discount(I assume, though specific price not listed), but with no refund if it's not played. Interesting gamble to take.

Last edited:

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Why anyone would pay over $750 to see one game is beyond me. Season tickets are different, but I just don't understand where people get the kind of money to dish out $2000 for a seat.

I would love to see my favorite teams play in important playoff games without going bankrupt at least once in my life.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Because it's the (World Series) Cup? ;)

I get it, it's great to be there. But, I guess I don't have enough money to just throw away so I am being ignorant, but it's just unfourtante that one cannot catch a game with their son/family member without paying $2000 for a pair of tickets. Just irks me a bit, but I totally understand people want to make money, its just unfortunate.

I saw on Bleacher Report that someone paid $25,000 for a ticket for tomorrow's game.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I get it, it's great to be there. But, I guess I don't have enough money to just throw away so I am being ignorant, but it's just unfourtante that one cannot catch a game with their son/family member without paying $2000 for a pair of tickets. Just irks me a bit, but I totally understand people want to make money, its just unfortunate.

I saw on Bleacher Report that someone paid $25,000 for a ticket for tomorrow's game.

It's all relative. Anyone who is dropping 25k for a ticket has far more money than they know what to do with. They likely will make more money in the next week than you or I will make in our entire lives combined.

It would be the first time in 95 years the Sox have won a world series at home. I would be surprised if the prices weren't ridiculous right now. Remember what the prices were like in '11 when the B's had a chance to clinch at home? Balconies were selling for $1000-$1800/each. Baseball is America's past time. The Sox are one of the most popular teams in the league....95 years is a long time.

A week ago I warned a few potential buyers that standing room tickets would be $900-$1000 to get in the door for game 6 if the Sox had a chance to clinch at home. Two different people laughed at the notion. At least one of those people emailed me to apologize today...after they spend $925 on a standing room ticket. People want to tell their grandkids they were there.

There's probably well over a million people who are within driving distance to Fenway who have the means to go to the game tomorrow night. There are only 37k tickets. If there were only a 100k people who wanted to go, prices would be like a weekend Sox/yanks game. A million people is quite a few.

...95 years s a along time!

Last edited:

awesomeguy

Jun 30, 2011

It was pretty easy to get tickets for face ($250) when they did the phone sale a few weeks ago.

I dont see why it should irk you that if you want to wait until the team is up 3-2 and coming home with a chance to clinch before your willing to commit to going that prices will be high

A week ago you could have got a ticket for $400

Like I said, two weeks ago for $250

Anyone who is complaining about tickets now doesnt deserve to be at the game

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It was pretty easy to get tickets for face ($250) when they did the phone sale a few weeks ago.

I dont see why it should irk you that if you want to wait until the team is up 3-2 and coming home with a chance to clinch before your willing to commit to going that prices will be high

A week ago you could have got a ticket for $400

Like I said, two weeks ago for $250

Anyone who is complaining about tickets now doesnt deserve to be at the game

Pretty much. Eh if I could get in tomorrow for 300 bucks I'd go knowing we can win it all and I think there are probably a good 100,000+ people who feel the same way and would happily pay 300 bucks right now to see the game they could literally sell out 100 fenways at the prices they were charging 2 weeks ago.

The way I see it is going to this game you would need to set aside 2k because if we lose and there is a game 7 you'll have wasted a grand should we win it being at 6 and not 7 would suck. Its better to spend 2 grand seeing a World Series won in person than waste 1 watching us lose game 6 right? (THats assuming we'd win G7.) Too much coin for me, I'd still sure love to go for a couple hundred though.

I booked non refundable non stop flights to Chicago for game 7. Flushed 200 bucks down the drain of course but the flights were non stop and perfect times, getting into Chicago at noon and leaving 6am the next morning would have been bliss and it would have been a great purchase if we won 6.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why anyone would pay over $750 to see one game is beyond me. Season tickets are different, but I just don't understand where people get the kind of money to dish out $2000 for a seat.

I would love to see my favorite teams play in important playoff games without going bankrupt at least once in my life.

Someone bought one of my Cup tickets for over $800 bucks:D

JimmyV

Nov 2, 2002
CT
Visit site
Loge 9 Row 18..2 seats for THURS vs ANA.

anyone want my tickets at face value for Thursday? I can take PAYPAL and I'll email you the seats. My face for both is $158...I'll take $150 even.

My cell is 203.522.9941...just shoot me a text.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
I may have my 2 Loge 4 seats to sell against Dallas. FV is $174 total + $8 paypal.

JSRHC05

Apr 4, 2011
Braintree, MA
I have 2 tickets to tonight game BOS v ANA

Loge 14 row 7 seats 12,13 (aisle seats)

Tickets are 100/seat or best offer! Paypal is fine...let me know!

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
5 seats left for tonight. A pair in 316 row 10 and 3 rghtt in front of them in row 9. $45/each (face). Paypal and email delivery.

edit- 2 sold. 3 left.

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Thinking the traffic won't be that bad tonight since it was miserable around 3-4pm due to halloween. Really think I might have smooth sailing if I put the candy bowl outside and hop in the car in 30 minutes.

Really hoping all those Club seats go down in price on SH.

Cookie Man

Dec 15, 2009
2 tix for B's Isles game at the Coliseum tonight.

Face value is $62/seat - selling both total for $62 - half off face!!!

321, row J - Top of faceoff circle where Isles shoot twice. Tix are emailable.

Please pm me or text my cell with any questions. 773 6 55 5 496.

Thanks!

Aaron

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Hey Guys,

I'm a Winnipeg Jets ST holder who is coming to the East coast for the first time to catch the Pats/Broncos game (I'm a big Pats fan). I'd love to check out TD Garden for the Canes game on Nov 23rd. Likely looking for four tickets (our fourth is flying in just before game time and is hoping to catch 2nd and 3rd period).

We'll probably wait till the day of and buy tickets off SH. But if you're looking to sell your tickets, I'd be interested. What are the pros/cons of the different sections (Club/Suite/Loge/Balcony)? Any help is greatly appreciated! Feel free to PM me as well if you'd prefer.

Cheers,

Justin

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Did anyone else end up with fraudulent tickets for the game at the Islanders on Saturday night? Let me share my tale of woe:

Bought my ticket on StubHub, for section 227. I go into the arena at about 6:35-6:40, ticket does not scan. They send me to the box office window. Now on the paper ticket I had, it said "Issued to Adams Jerry" which is not my name. The woman at the box office said, "Unless you are Jerry Adams or have an ID that says you are Jerry Adams, I cant help you." The last part cracked me up, as if to insinuate that I would have a fake ID with Jerry Adams on it.

So I call StubHub, and because they are an excellent company, they did right and replaced the ticket. Telling me they'll email the ticket, they instruct me to ask someone at the arena if they can scan tickets off the phone. Because Nassau Coliseum is something out of 1973, of course they can't scan tickets on the phone. Instead, I am instructed to walk over to the Marriott and print it out in the business center.

So as I waited for StubHub to wrap things up with this, I walked over to the Marriott. My God, that place is a zoo....beer bottles everywhere outside. Wrap up the call, and I move on into the CPUs in the business center. I swipe my card to activate the computer and looked over at the Bruins fan next to me. I look at her ticket and it said "Issued to Adams Jerry". So I said, "Wow, that dude gets around!" Ticket was in other part of the arena.

So clearly a lot of people had issues, hope none of you were impacted who went down there. I did make it back in time for the opening faceoff.

p.s. Good atmosphere in that building. Pleased no one tried to light me on fire like what happened in Montreal last year.

premierplayer

Aug 2, 2010
Did anyone else end up with fraudulent tickets for the game at the Islanders on Saturday night? Let me share my tale of woe:

Bought my ticket on StubHub, for section 227. I go into the arena at about 6:35-6:40, ticket does not scan. They send me to the box office window. Now on the paper ticket I had, it said "Issued to Adams Jerry" which is not my name. The woman at the box office said, "Unless you are Jerry Adams or have an ID that says you are Jerry Adams, I cant help you." The last part cracked me up, as if to insinuate that I would have a fake ID with Jerry Adams on it.

So I call StubHub, and because they are an excellent company, they did right and replaced the ticket. Telling me they'll email the ticket, they instruct me to ask someone at the arena if they can scan tickets off the phone. Because Nassau Coliseum is something out of 1973, of course they can't scan tickets on the phone. Instead, I am instructed to walk over to the Marriott and print it out in the business center.

So as I waited for StubHub to wrap things up with this, I walked over to the Marriott. My God, that place is a zoo....beer bottles everywhere outside. Wrap up the call, and I move on into the CPUs in the business center. I swipe my card to activate the computer and looked over at the Bruins fan next to me. I look at her ticket and it said "Issued to Adams Jerry". So I said, "Wow, that dude gets around!" Ticket was in other part of the arena.

So clearly a lot of people had issues, hope none of you were impacted who went down there. I did make it back in time for the opening faceoff.

p.s. Good atmosphere in that building. Pleased no one tried to light me on fire like what happened in Montreal last year.

That is a shame. Was it a fraud ticket or just an oversold ticket? I go every year and I have never run into a problem. EVerytime I have gotten tickets they have been hard copies however.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I had hard tickets purchased off Stubhub.

Jerry Adams screwed himself by doing that, so I'm sure it was just oversight. Glad you made it in on time. You could have been 3 hours late and wouldn't have missed much :laugh: Bruins were living up to their "big bad" status...mostly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->