Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread-Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
What kind of moronic logic is this? The interception negates the penalty?

They actually said that? Wow.

This sport is so frustrating this year. If we win, we do it in a frustrating fashion, or on the off-chance in a very dramatic and satisfactory fashion. And if we lose, it's always frustrating, so pretty much lose-lose except for those one or two games. Will still watch the Broncos game, but my leash will probably be shorter facing Manning and Welker.

Positives I guess would be we only narrowly got beaten by a good team with our crippled defence, and it took two kind of ******** calls to give them the win.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

They actually said that? Wow.

This sport is so frustrating this year. If we win, we do it in a frustrating fashion, or on the off-chance in a very dramatic and satisfactory fashion. And if we lose, it's always frustrating, so pretty much lose-lose except for those one or two games. Will still watch the Broncos game, but my leash will probably be shorter facing Manning and Welker.

Positives I guess would be we only narrowly got beaten by a good team with our crippled defence, and it took two kind of ******** calls to give them the win.

Not word for word. It was on the TV and I can't remember it all but basically yeah that's what they said.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
There is literally no way to defend that flag being picked up. None.

And the most troubling thing is how quickly it was picked up, with almost no discussion. As though the head official just decided he didn't like a flag being thrown there, so screw it, not happening, game over.

Oh, and Josh McDaniels sure does a lot of stupid things.

member 96824

Oh no...Cam Newton is singing Sweet Caroline now?

Doesn't he know that song that has nothing to do with the Patriots or Boston in general is ours!?!?

member 96824

There is literally no way to defend that flag being picked up. None.

And the most troubling thing is how quickly it was picked up, with almost no discussion. As though the head official just decided he didn't like a flag being thrown there, so screw it, not happening, game over.

Oh, and Josh McDaniels sure does a lot of stupid things.

McDaniels was probably pissed cause the PI Call would have put them in great field goal position

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I can live with the Jets call because it actually was the correct call. It sucks that it was called in that part of the game, but it is the rule.

That call? Absolutely not. Completely awful, just awful.

It's the inconsistency that drives me nuts. Pats-Jets call, kind of a weak call but they called it by the letter of the law and then this week they don't call it that way. They just kind of called it like "oh well Gronk wouldn't have caught it therefore no penalty". Makes no sense. Since when does an int negate a pass interference?????

IrishBruin

Mar 17, 2011
Recife, Brasil
I can live with the Jets call because it actually was the correct call. It sucks that it was called in that part of the game, but it is the rule.

That call? Absolutely not. Completely awful, just awful.

Yeah I know the rule is there and the correct call was made in the Jets game, but they didn't call the Jets for the same penalty earlier in the game (or any other team in any other game for that matter)

In saying that I could give them a pass for the Jets but tonight I just can't understand how there was no call on the play. I am fairly new to watching football on a regular basis so I am just trying to get to grips with some of the rules. In my eyes it was a foul. My friend tried to tell me that it was infraction after interception??? Unfortunately over here they finish broadcast almost immediately once the game is over so I haven't gotten to see a replay to see what she's talking about.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Oh no...Cam Newton is singing Sweet Caroline now?

Doesn't he know that song that has nothing to do with the Patriots or Boston in general is ours!?!?

He's a piece of **** thug who managed to get his ass kicked out of Florida under Urban Meyer, something even Aaron Hernandez didn't manage to do. Thankfully America's school of second chances Auburn University was there to pay for his services. **** him.

member 96824

He's a piece of **** thug who managed to get his ass kicked out of Florida under Urban Meyer, some Aaron Hernandez didn't manage to do. Thankfully America's school of second chances Auburn University was there to pay for his services. **** him.

You can feel that way, but the outrage over sweet caroline, a song sang every Saturday at Auburn, FAR from exclusive to the Red Sox, by boston fans is flat out embarassing.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
You can feel that way, but the outrage over sweet caroline, a song sang every Saturday at Auburn, FAR from exclusive to the Red Sox, by boston fans is flat out embarassing.

Nah I could care less about Sweet Caroline...Georgia Bulldogs fan so I'm not so high on Auburn or anyone associated with that glorified community college in Alabama.

member 96824

Nah I could care less about Sweet Caroline...Georgia Bulldogs fan so I'm not so high on Auburn or anyone associated with that glorified community college in Alabama.

I have a friend in Dallas, GA. Huge Bulldog fan..He got me watching them this year, hasn't been the best year for you guys so far.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Nice win over Auburn this weekend.

I turned the game off with a minute left, so I assume it finished up just fine for you guys.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Nice win over Auburn this weekend.

I turned the game off with a minute left, so I assume it finished up just fine for you guys.

It is what it is. I guess the positive thing is at least our National Title hopes were dashed and SEC Title hopes were slim to none before that game because it's not like it cost us anything big time (aside from seeing that highlight for the next 30 years). Could you imagine an undefeated team going down in that fashion, I mean if that's how UGA's season came crashing down I would...probably complain about it on a message board. I'll be in Athens for hopefully some payback at the UGA-Auburn game next year, The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
FWIW, Mike Pereria basically said although there was a case to be made for it being uncatchable, they should've stuck with the initial call.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ladies and gentlemen, your head official for tonight's game.

“It was determined at that point in time that when the primary contact occurred on the tight end that the ball, in essence, was coming in underthrown and in essence it was immediate at that point intercepted at the front end of the end zone. So there was a determination that, in essence, uncatchability, that the ball was intercepted at or about the same time the primary contact against the receiver occurred.”
-- Referee Clete Blakeman

Learn the rules bro.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Ladies and gentlemen, your head official for tonight's game.

“It was determined at that point in time that when the primary contact occurred on the tight end that the ball, in essence, was coming in underthrown and in essence it was immediate at that point intercepted at the front end of the end zone. So there was a determination that, in essence, uncatchability, that the ball was intercepted at or about the same time the primary contact against the receiver occurred.â€
-- Referee Clete Blakeman

Learn the rules bro.

Is that even english? I had to read that three times in order to understand it and I'm pretty sure I still don't know what the dude is trying to say....in essence. That whole thing is a massive circular statement.

I just have no idea how that ball could've been considered uncatchable and it certainly wasn't looking 'overthrown.'

My mom, who is also a Viking fan and the furthest thing from a Pats fan, texts me last night "Pats got robbed." As she takes a perverse amount of pleasure in seeing Belichick lose, you know it was an egregious hose job.

Just blows my mind.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
If it wasn't PI, it was abssoollluuuttteelllyy holding.

I'm truly getting tired of watching this sport with some of the referee decisions - whether called against the Pats or any other team.

Regardless, this defense is in rough shape. Two or three well executed plays in 60 minutes will never be good enough. This Sunday could get nasty.

Sidenote: John Malkovich should stick to acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->