Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread-Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The reffing at the end of this game was straight up horrible. That McCourty call I thought was correct until seeing the replay of Olseb locking McCourtys arms down.

That call at the end was horrible. And the joke if an explanation that ESPNs "expert" former ref gave was equally bad.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LMAO the WORST ending to a football game I have seen in awhile. Are these refs ****ing stupid? Gronk was ****ing bear hugged.

Brady was giving the refs an ear ful at the end. What a bunch of BULL ****. Pats get the ball at the 1 with like 3 seconds left probably would have won.

acr*

One of the worst calls I'vve ever seen, bar none. Gronk bgot tackled in the endzone. Horrible. After the gift thirfd down PI on McCourty/Olson the drivebefore gave Carolina extra points, a disgrace. The refs should be ashamed of themselves.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
The reffing at the end of this game was straight up horrible. That McCourty call I thought was correct until seeing the replay of Olseb locking McCourtys arms down.

That call at the end was horrible. And the joke if an explanation that ESPNs "expert" former ref gave was equally bad.
At least Gruden laughed at him.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I find it hilarious my Raiders fan friend always feels the need to laugh at me when the Pats lose.

I have watched the Pats win 3 Super Bowls

When was the last time The Raiders won one?

IrishBruin

Mar 17, 2011
Recife, Brasil
Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me coming out but to me the refs sure did sound pretty happy when calling some of the fouls against the Patriots throughout the game. Had no problem on the McCourty call at first, but after seeing the replay.......

So thats a dubious reffing call in the Jets game and now this one.As if it's not tough enough with all the injuries

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I find it hilarious my Raiders fan friend always feels the need to laugh at me when the Pats lose.

I have watched the Pats win 3 Super Bowls

When was the last time The Raiders won one?

Everyone seems to. You go into the Nfl.com comment field and you have 31 teams where the majority of their fanbases are laughing at us, but almost all of those fanbases have a couple of more or less levelheaded fans who either laugh at us but still feel the refs sucked, says we deserve it for cheating (implying that the refs sucked) or that they actually outright feel for us because the refs sucked.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me coming out but to me the refs sure did sound pretty happy when calling some of the fouls against the Patriots throughout the game. Had no problem on the McCourty call at first, but after seeing the replay.......

So thats a dubious reffing call in the Jets game and now this one.As if it's not tough enough with all the injuries

I said that too, everytime he said "Automatic first down", he did it with a slight giggle. But I think he did that one the PI on our last drive too, so it might just be a speech impedement or a nervous giggle.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Worst part of all is the ref clearly saw the penalty. If someone is gonna talk him out of it, at least give an explanation rather than just "there is no penalty"

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Who is this old **** talking? Of course all these analysts like this probably because it's against the Pats.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Averaging 4+ per carry, 3rd and 1 at the 8, banged up secondary, throw to the end zone kick a weak fg, that's twice this year they went conservative inside the 10 late and lost. Risk averse football is losing football.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

I can live with the Jets call because it actually was the correct call. It sucks that it was called in that part of the game, but it is the rule.

That call? Absolutely not. Completely awful, just awful.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Can't wait for the NFL to try to explain this one away. But you know they are going to back the refs here, even though everyone except senile old Gerry Austin knows this was the wrong call.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
If you don't call PI, you at least need to call Illegal Contact or Defensive Holding. You just can't pick up the flag and ignore the penalty.

The NFL is losing more credibility with each game decided by horrible officiating this season.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
josh mcdaniels is an object thats wider than it is in length

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I can live with the Jets call because it actually was the correct call. It sucks that it was called in that part of the game, but it is the rule.

That call? Absolutely not. Completely awful, just awful.

The worst part of the call in the Jets game for me, was that video from earlier in the game the Jets do exactly the same thing, but there was no call. Consistently inconsistent - your good ol NFL at work.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I stopped watching the NBA because it became a **** show circus. NFL is reaching that level.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just saw a photo that clearly shows the interference started well before what we saw. In fact it started right where brady ended up throwing the ball

Bi Coastal Bawse*

What kind of moronic logic is this? The interception negates the penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad