Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread-Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
You think depth is the only way to win with injuries?

I'd say they're winning despite their lack of depth, not because of their depth. In my opinion, they've been winning mostly because of their easy schedule, but also because they have one of the top coaches and one of the top quarterbacks in the league. That's not depth.

2-4 opponent, won by 2
3-3 opponent, won by 3
0-5 opponent, won by 20
1-4 opponent, won by 7
4-2 opponent, lost by 7
5-1 opponent, won by 3

Hardly dominant stuff, there.

5-1 is 5-1.

Anyone who pays any attention to this league knows things change week to week. When the Broncos and Peyton get knocked out in the playoffs, what will all those dominant wins mean? Absolutley nothing.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
No ****, this is what Mike Reiss, the single best guy covering the Patriots, wrote today:

It's part of the foundation of Belichick's team-building philosophy, which places a premium on the importance of depth. It's why he might be more apt to trade down in the draft for more picks, manage the salary cap with discipline that sometimes can seem inflexible, and why there is usually such volatile movement on the back end of the roster and practice squad in late August as he reshapes them with the future in mind.

It is a column about Belichick's focus on depth.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9836567/new-england-patriots-defensive-depth-faces-serious-test

Oh, and everyone that writes Belichick and Kraft don't care about winning might as well just say, "I literally have no idea what I am talking about."

Debating how they go about trying to win and whether or not that is smart is certainly up for debate, but suggesting that their number one concern isn't winning becomes an automatic dismissal for me.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It is ok in life to admit you are wrong...chief.

Kind of related, but there was a delivery driver that used to work for the company I am at, and the guy apparently had a hair trigger. The guys at one of our regular industrial accounts didn't get along with the guy (I don't think they were alone, he didn't last long) and they found out that he didn't like being called "chief", so of course they called him that every time he went there.

One day, he just completely flipped out on them and started screaming not to call him chief anymore, and he either quit or was fired later that day upon his return. Just goes to show what kind of commotion that nickname can cause :laugh:

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Kind of related, but there was a delivery driver that used to work for the company I am at, and the guy apparently had a hair trigger. The guys at one of our regular industrial accounts didn't get along with the guy (I don't think they were alone, he didn't last long) and they found out that he didn't like being called "chief", so of course they called him that every time he went there.

One day, he just completely flipped out on them and started screaming not to call him chief anymore, and he either quit or was fired later that day upon his return. Just goes to show what kind of commotion that nickname can cause :laugh:

A friend of my brothers is a Chef. I call him chief....drives him crazy:laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
With the deadline looming just about 10 days away; was looking at the rumor mill and noticed two names that would help us tremendously. Both from the New York Giants, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks and defensive lineman Justin Tuck.
Not Krart or Belichick's style to trade for free agents to-be; but we did go after Talib last year. Both address weak spots with our recent injury situation.

I'd like to see us be proactive at the deadline and not just waiting for guys to get healthy. Window with Brady is closing.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
With the deadline looming just about 10 days away; was looking at the rumor mill and noticed two names that would help us tremendously. Both from the New York Giants, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks and defensive lineman Justin Tuck.
Not Krart or Belichick's style to trade for free agents to-be; but we did go after Talib last year. Both address weak spots with our recent injury situation.

I'd like to see us be proactive at the deadline and not just waiting for guys to get healthy. Window with Brady is closing.

In a league that doesn't have a lot of in season trading, Belichick does do it. I'm cautiously optimistic.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
OK guys, I need some fantasy advice. I'm in a standard league, and need to choose one of the these two bums to fill my flex...

1. Zac Stacy vs. Car
2. Jacquizz Rodgers vs. TB

Thanks.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
OK guys, I need some fantasy advice. I'm in a standard league, and need to choose one of the these two bums to fill my flex...

1. Zac Stacy vs. Car
2. Jacquizz Rodgers vs. TB

Thanks.

I have both those guys on my team too. I'm starting Quizz. But don't shoot me if Stacy ends up doing better.

acr*

They had Kerley behind the line and let him bounce his way to the first down.

This is going to be a long day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad