Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread-Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
As does Tommy Heinson on the TV broadcast to Mike Gorman. It's a local team. There are no rules about stepping on the PBP guys toes. The only people who get bent out of shape over this type of thing are fans of the opposing team. Guess what? The home call isn't for you. Of course you're going to dislike it. :laugh:

I never stated I liked it nor disliked it. I was simply correcting that Max does that.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I find the national guys like Buck to be insufferable. They go so far out of their way to be neutral that it takes any spontaneity and excitement out of their calls.

Oh I completely agree. I find the national guys to be unlistenable for the most part, because of exactly the reason you stated. It's okay to get excited about a big moment, which is exactly what the Ortiz GS was.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I find the national guys like Buck to be insufferable. They go so far out of their way to be neutral that it takes any spontaneity and excitement out of their calls.

Buck was so ****ing insufferable during the 03 ALCS. Him and Bret Boone (brother of Aaron) were soooooo anti-sox during the entire series. And I remember Boone getting misty eyed when his bum of a brother took Wake deep. TBH, if he's trying to be neutral these days, I'll take it. He's still a stooge, though.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
I was driving home from a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner during the 4th Quarter. Had my iPhone streaming this feed.

I nearly lost the entire meal that I just put away. Awesome call during an awesome moment.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Buck was so ****ing insufferable during the 03 ALCS. Him and Bret Boone (brother of Aaron) were soooooo anti-sox during the entire series. And I remember Boone getting misty eyed when his bum of a brother took Wake deep. TBH, if he's trying to be neutral these days, I'll take it. He's still a stooge, though.

I still find if very interesting, if no downright ironic, that Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent have the same middle name.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

From the other topic

Teams that are last in their division and WR Pats could target

Giants
Hakeem Nicks
Louis Murphy

Vikings
?

Buccaneers
Vincent Jackson
Mike Williams

Jaguars
Justin Blackmon

Steelers
Emmanuel Sanders

Teams are targeting Nicks

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
If you had a problem with Brandon Lloyd (and I did based on his constant falling to the ground after making catches), then you will definitely not like Hakeem Nicks.

The Patriots tried to get Sanders via offer sheet from Pittsburgh, but they matched which is a shame. Steelers might not be ready to pack in their season yet...hosting Baltimore this week and @ Oakland next week. They might be 3-4 coming to Foxboro in November.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I think this Gronk/Pats FO/Brady/James Andrews circus needs to meet its end. Maury Povich is our only hope.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Belichick is scheduled to give an in-depth detailed report any minute now:laugh:

So, he lost the leg then? :laugh:

I said it when Wilfork went down, but Talib represents something far more important to the team than Vince does. They can weather the storm losing Vince, but if Talib is out for an extended period of time, this team is in deep trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->