Speculation: Offer Sheets

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If I was Cirelli and NYR presented me with a good offer sheet I am signing it. He would have far better wingers than he will ever get in Tampa because he is not going to supplant Point.

Rangers can't afford to give out offer sheets. We're up against the cap due to performance bonuses. Strome and DeAngelo will eat up most of our available cap space, and they are both guaranteed a contract with the Rangers (if they want it) due to the arbitration rules in place this year. We would need to trade one of them first before an offer sheet makes sense, and we don't have a 2nd round pick in 2021, so that will further limit the type of offer we can give.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Man if the offersheet to Aho was this season, no way the Canes match with all the signing bonus money.

I think the most important thing people forget is the player has to sign the offersheet, and that usually means that contract talk with their own team go sour.

As much as Tampa is in cap hell, they are likely in good talk with those RFA, and its simply waiting to move money out. I don't see why any of those will sign an offersheet if they are likely to get the same thing in due time with Tampa.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Man if the offersheet to Aho was this season, no way the Canes match with all the signing bonus money.

I think the most important thing people forget is the player has to sign the offersheet, and that usually means that contract talk with their own team go sour.

As much as Tampa is in cap hell, they are likely in good talk with those RFA, and its simply waiting to move money out. I don't see why any of those will sign an offersheet if they are likely to get the same thing in due time with Tampa.
With the season Aho just had, I think they still match.. Proved last season wasn't a fluke and had a new career high in goals playing less games. They definitely find a way to match in my opinion.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yes. They could complete the offer sheet, and trade back the return. But the signing player cannot be included. .
That's what happened with the Chris Gratton offer sheet. Tampa traded back the 4 1sts in compensation for Mikeal Renberg and Karl Dykhuis.

Reactions: Favin

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
boston absolutely needs to offer sheet mikail sergachev… not only is tampa our main rival, having eliminated us twice in the last 3 years... but sergachev is that big body, left shot, pp skilled first pair partner we desperately lack

Charlie McAvoy is into the second year of a 4.9 mill contract... when it expires his qualifier will be 7.2

I would give sergachev the same offer... if somehow he isnt worth 7 mill in 3 years time... just walk away and consider that you got 3 years of a very talented guy for 4.9 mill

why sergachev accepts this offer? well... its a damn sight more than tampa can afford... and it guarantees him either early ufa or a very good payday when he reaches 25.

why boston makes this offer? the comp is only a first and third... with sergachev in the lineup, the bruins address their one area of weakness... the first will be a bottom 10 pick again. 3 years of sergachev is easily worth it. at a 4.9 cap hit, he will be costing us less than krug was costing us. and he can play all 3 zones and both specialty teams

once the bruins have sergachev in hand... they sacrifice some retained salary and move john moore. it makes our cap tight this year but next year backes comes off the books, krejci and rask would be replaced or retained at much lower cap hits.

it works

and it looks good

sergachev/mcavoy
grezlyck/carlo
zboril/chara/lauzon
clifton

I am high on the potential of zboril working his way into being a regular on the team... great skill set, and hes been well seasoned now in ahl.

bruins should have plenty enough mobility with sergachev/McAvoy/grezylyck/zboil
and enough size with carlo and one of {or both for tough games} chara/lauzon

as for recently signed kevan miller? I see him being able to clear waivers thanks to his higher contract... we let him prove his health in providence where he shows the kids how to be pros... come playoff time this is a perfect guy to have for injury depth to other guys

Reactions: TySmith4Norris

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
With the season Aho just had, I think they still match.. Proved last season wasn't a fluke and had a new career high in goals playing less games. They definitely find a way to match in my opinion.

Would be about 21M paid from around now to July 1st...

I have a hard time seeing it, but its possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad