Offer Sheet Thread

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
With the cap can any team have 3 players making over $10 million? And if they have some success, will cost even more to re-sign other guys.

I guess we`ll find out but the Leafs will face some tough décisions the next couple of years.

Reactions: Braun
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Forget offersheeting Marner, I'd go for Kapanen.

Offer him 3.5mil and the leafs can't match and we only have to give up a 2nd.
It would work, but...

Kapanen doesnt fill any need and seems redundant, though. I like him, but his glowing speed doesnt bring anything to a team that already has Byron, Drouin, Peca, ...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
It would work, but...

Kapanen doesnt fill any need and seems redundant, though. I like him, but his glowing speed doesnt bring anything to a team that already has Byron, Drouin, Peca, ...

Adds to our scoring winger depth, which is always useful. Also fits our gameplan and has fantastic wheels. A guy like that will always have a place.

Plus an extra Finn from Liiga for Kotka to get time with is a plus! It would give us a lot more flexibility in our top 9 too. He's a gamer.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I would wait until next summer and offer sheet Pierre-Luc Dubois. Columbus is a mess. Offer him huge signing bonuses each year. Put him as #1C. Kotkaniemi as #2C. Danault as #3C. Poehling #4C. Plus giving up 4 #1's after the 2020 draft may not hurt as badly as the following few drafts aren't considered as strong. Obviously that could change but this would be a real move to contender status.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
I would wait until next summer and offer sheet Pierre-Luc Dubois. Columbus is a mess. Offer him huge signing bonuses each year. Put him as #1C. Kotkaniemi as #2C. Danault as #3C. Poehling #4C. Plus giving up 4 #1's after the 2020 draft may not hurt as badly as the following few drafts aren't considered as strong. Obviously that could change but this would be a real move to contender status.
Columbus are more likely to rebuild around him and have little cap issues. You lot need to leave the Dubois dream alone

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Players don't give **** about contenders. They care about the $$$. Playing for a cup is a nice bonus.

So true. If you can make a few million, make it a round or two, and hit the golf course by June.. life is good. Its the media that tell you how much a cup 'matters' to the players, but in reality its the quality of life the long season brings. Hence the lack of FA's to sign in Winnipeg or Edmonton. When you go home at night, you are still in a dump.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I would offersheet laine
I think there is a much better chance Laine accepts an offersheet than marner

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Forget offersheeting Marner, I'd go for Kapanen.

Offer him 3.5mil and the leafs can't match and we only have to give up a 2nd.

I am with you there. I am fairly certain that the Leafs would match it though. Getting a second would be pretty bad value on the Leafs part for Kapanen.

AboveandBeyond

Jun 1, 2013
Hollows Edge
I would offer sheet marner in a heartbeat . Imagine him and Domi reunited after they destroyed the OHL together with the knights. Marner would be our #1 RW and that would slot Gallagher accordingly as our #2. The Right side would be much better and you could do a Domi Marner combo and a Drouin Gallagher on the 2nd line . My god that would be nice

4 lines that can score

Tatar. - Domi. - Marner
Drouin. - Danault. - Gallagher
Lehkonen - KK - Armia
Byron - Shaw - Peca/Hudon/Des

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
How about this year? I really believe his skating will cause him problems going forward

He was on pace for 72 pts his first year (64 pts in 73 games), and got 70 pts in his 2nd year. Thats enough to disprove your claim that he is just a 60 pt forward.

and despite under performing this year, he is still on pace for 54 pts. He could easily go hot and end up scoring more than 60 pts.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I am with you there. I am fairly certain that the Leafs would match it though. Getting a second would be pretty bad value on the Leafs part for Kapanen.

That's good for us too though, because then one of our main rivals has further cap problems and would potentially have to move out another good player to accommodate Kapanen

Reactions: calder candidate

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

lol

The ascencion of Dubois is partly the reason why the team is doing well in the standings. They'll sign him long term even before he hits RFA, before we even have a chance to take a sniff at him.

Saying Columbus is a mess is a bit of an exageration.

What's even more funny is not even 6 months ago, some we're calling him "nothing special" (not saying it's you) after wrapping up his rookie season at 19 with 48 points. KK can easily be seen on the same learning curve so really, getting Dubois would be nice, but we already have a "dubois" type and getting him out of clb is merely a pipe dream.

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He was on pace for 72 pts his first year (64 pts in 73 games), and got 70 pts in his 2nd year. Thats enough to disprove your claim that he is just a 60 pt forward.

and despite under performing this year, he is still on pace for 54 pts. He could easily go hot and end up scoring more than 60 pts.
I guess my point is, I don't put him in the same category as some of the other young stars who are RFA's this upcoming offseason. Anything more than $7M is an overpayment imo

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
1) The Leafs would match that.
2) Why would Kapanen sign such a low figure deal?

1)If they can’t unload Marleau (NMC), Leafs have 7.5M$ to sign 6 players one of which is Marner... they can’t really afford to match but they might if they can get better value in a trade.

2) How much you think Kapanen is worth to consider 3,5m$ Such a low offer? Considering Gallagher 3.75M$, Domi 3.1M$, Danault 3M$ I would say 3.5 is fair he might be able to get more but I can’t see Toronto doing it and I not sure any team would be getting their moneys worth if they did...

ginomini

May 25, 2014
4,5 M and up would probably cause problem for the leafs with Kapanen, but 3,5 is an easy match for them

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Would probably want to join the group of Finns we have over here too.

If that happens the Habs fans need to learn the Finnish hockey greeting/shout.

Hakka Päälle Suomen Poika

juhani-wahlsten-hakkaa-paalle-suomen-poika-kansi-vg-sisasivut-ex-kaytetty-kirja.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad