Proposal: Offer Sheet William Nylander

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
As a Leafs fan, I would welcome a signed offer sheet for Nylander.

If you sign him to one, he might very well be yours!

I don't imagine a trade would happen any time soon. I don't think he would be traded until he's signed, and then a considerable time after that too.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It will be fun watching how the Shanahan manages to keep all of his elite talent going forward without a 4th line and 3rd pairing composed of high school hockey coaches.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Come on in from left field ,you've been out there too long!
Funny. You're on the AZ board. You should say "in from the desert." The Leafs have been heartbreakers for 2 generations. Leaf fans deserve a bit of happiness. Still, how does a team keep a cap hit of $11M for Taares, anticipated $10M for Matthews (at least), $7M for Marner and $7M for Nylander without paying league minimums on most of the rest of the roster spots? That will leave, maybe $35-45M for 25 other players?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Funny. You're on the AZ board. You should say "in from the desert." The Leafs have been heartbreakers for 2 generations. Leaf fans deserve a bit of happiness. Still, how does a team keep a cap hit of $11M for Taares, anticipated $10M for Matthews (at least), $7M for Marner and $7M for Nylander without paying league minimums on most of the rest of the roster spots? That will leave, maybe $35-45M for 25 other players?
I think you are low for Matthews and Marner. Most of the League have a line or two of players making less than a million, the Coyotes have 11 right now. It's not that big of a deal. Welcome to the Cap NHL.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
They are a cap ceiling team, it can work out! Keep the core,youth and veteran role players will need to be balanced. Kind of like Chicago,gotta move guys out ,give others a shot! They didn't repeat but still won 3 cups.
Pittsburgh kept their core as well,it can be done!

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
As an Islanders fan and a former Leaf fan, how on earth would you sign pajama boy instead of Matthews on July 1st, that’s a slap in the face. It’s shocking he’s still not signed yet. The Leafs did it backwards lol.

Arizona you guys might have a chance to get Matthews, I’m sure the money is there.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

teddyli

Feb 4, 2018
I can see Toronto giving up one if all three sign on market value(about 8M, 9M, 12M for Nylander, Marner, Matthews), and I don't see that one is Matthews. I like Marner though.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Burn bridges, raze everything, 4 firsts compensation for Matthews at 15+ mil per year

Let’s gooooooooooooo

Lol:)

Edit: but seriously, in a heartbeat, let’s do it. Yesterday’s Hockey Central at Noon making me tear up dreaming. Lol

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
$7x5 would get Nylander signed. Leafs would match. Wouldn't have to go past $8x5 for the Leafs to let him go.
Then why bother if you can't the player? $7 million is not crippling the Leafs so again why bother? Leafs aren't letting him go unless It's 4 first round picks. They can trade him next season for more than lower offer sheet return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad