Offer Sheet Targets

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Avs have two players on that list and $21m in cap space.

I will be displeased if other GM's determine what we pay MacKinnon and Barrie.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Scheifele is the Jets' #1 going forward. I don't think he would even sign an offer sheet, but the Jets match anything for him.

Trouba, as has been discussed, probably won't get one that isn't matched. If he does, we'll take the four 1st rounders.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I hope Pitt offer sheets Nichuskin. Nothing huge but enough to make Dallas maybe not want to pay him. Maybe like 3 mill a season? I believe that's a 2nd rounder compensation

Mad Brills*

As I've thought of before, best OS candidates are the ones that are in the
up to 3,652,659 salary range.

At most you give up a 2nd

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Scheifele is the Jets' #1 going forward. I don't think he would even sign an offer sheet, but the Jets match anything for him.

Trouba, as has been discussed, probably won't get one that isn't matched. If he does, we'll take the four 1st rounders.

They likely will match, but every few years an offer sheet happens. These are the best of the RFA group.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hoffman will most likely immediately apply for arbitration, thus making him ineligible for offersheets.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Player has to sign the offer sheet. Unless it gets into the 4 1sts range the Bolts would probably match if Kucherov did sign one, which I do not think he would anyway.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Lindholm would be worth a $7 offer. He's clearly going to be a #1. Perhaps Trouba, but that's the only 2 I'd consider.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Ducks will match anything that doesn't come with four 1sts, it's been beaten to death around here.

Sure, and you can do what San Jose did a few years ago.

Offersheet one player (Hjarlmasson) and force Chicago to overpay.
Wait for Chicago to dump someone else (Niemi) and pounce on the new player.

When you have a team with cap constraints, there are a few ways to play the offer sheet game.

It may be rare, but its happened.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Sure, and you can do what San Jose did a few years ago.

Offersheet one player (Hjarlmasson) and force Chicago to overpay.
Wait for Chicago to dump someone else (Niemi) and pounce on the new player.

When you have a team with cap constraints, there are a few ways to play the offer sheet game.

It may be rare, but its happened.

There's a good chance our "Niemi" in that case becomes Cam Fowler, a young defenseman with two very affordable years left who has shown he can handle key minutes in all situations. Those types of players are too highly coveted and for any single team to gain leverage on the Ducks in a trade negotiation, regardless of their financial situation. Supply and demand says that the talented young Dman market belongs to the seller right now.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
The Niemi situation was exacerbated by a ridiculous arbitration award. The Hawks would have been more than willing to pay him what the Sharks ended up paying him.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Someone please sign Marcus Johansson to a ridiculous offer sheet the Caps would walk away from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad