Proposal: Offer Sheet Sergachev

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
So the strategy seems to be to wait to see if the Champs match an offer sheet for Sergachev. That puts them in a deeper payroll hole. Then Sweeney OSs Cirelli and TB can’t match. Of course he loses NEXT year’s 2nd depending on the amount of the offer.

This is assuming though, that offer sheets are actually thrown around. And, historically, there haven’t been many. As noted above TB could do the same to us.

Cirelli is a rising star and fits a need on this roster as our centers age. Beecher is a year or two away. Studnicka is close to ready and DK’s contract expires in nine months.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Sergachev isn't worth the offer sheet when the Bruins are overloaded with defense prospects and have an aging center core that lacks a strong two way center to replace Bergeron. The Bruins should be going for broke to get Cirelli. He is young, already plays at an elite level and is is available to pry away from the Lightning. That is the player that I would try and get.
which LHD in the Bruins system is ready to play top pair minutes in the next year?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
which LHD in the Bruins system is ready to play top pair minutes in the next year?

I don't expect them to land any big FA like Hall or AP.
Better chance Hall ends up in Colorado and AP resigns
in STL.

Maybe should approach NYI about Leddy since
they have huge cap issues and need to sign Pulock, Toews
and Barzal this offseason. Leddy makes about Krug money for 2021-22 and 2022-23. Skates well and is
a decent PP guy.

Maybe look at Shattenkirk also. If you can get him under
3M I would go for him.

Up front you would have to settle for re-signing DeBrusk,
signing Smith and taking a flyer on Ryan for 1.5M.

You would need to clear out Moore for certain.

G Rask/Halak

D Leddy/25
48/73
Lauzon/Shattenkirk
33 - 75

63-37-68
74-46-88
Ryan- 13-Smith
10-52-14

Reactions: EvilDead

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Please offer AC 8 million.........

I also don't think Sergy leaves the Defending Cup Champs for anything less then 8-10million so I doubt he would sign the OS.

I come in peace was just lurking and saw this thread.

Would think about OS Cernak about $4M. Boston has lots of Czechoslovakians. Would feel comfortable here.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Would think about OS Cernak about $4M. Boston has lots of Czechoslovakians. Would feel comfortable here.

I mean... I understand wanting to poach some of their players, but what's the obsession with getting Tampa guys and paying them the premium for being cup winners? Those contracts are the ones that ended up hindering the Bruins when they resigned their cup team players to slightly above value. Most of the guys on that team are going to get a little bump just being on that team.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I mean... I understand wanting to poach some of their players, but what's the obsession with getting Tampa guys and paying them the premium for being cup winners? Those contracts are the ones that ended up hindering the Bruins when they resigned their cup team players to slightly above value. Most of the guys on that team are going to get a little bump just being on that team.
Agree, but Cirelli, for the right price would fit in with the Bruins’ current needs

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Well to be honest I like Cernak as he brings some snarl
to the D and handles the puck better than Carlo.

TB/NYI are in really bad spots Cap wise and they were the ECF. So it makes sense to me to improve
your chances against them. The best route is to poach players directly from their rosters who are contributors
at reasonable price or make your opponent use of valuable cap space.

So Leddy/Cernak would actually make a decent
pairing. So sign Cernak for $4M and trade Carlo.
Next year Carlo will cost you about $4M anyway.

Give McAvoy Lauzon and Clifton with Chara 3rd,
and Vaak/Zboril 7/8 D.

That D corp costs about $19.7M so you can spend about
$50M on forwards.

Just another opinion for better/worse.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Please offer AC 8 million.........

I also don't think Sergy leaves the Defending Cup Champs for anything less then 8-10million so I doubt he would sign the OS.

I come in peace was just lurking and saw this thread.

after watching tampa party with the cup during their boat parade. I don't see anyone rushing to leave that team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->