Offensive defencemen

PRB

Apr 29, 2005
Toronto, Canada
www.prbsports.com
Just curious, is there anyone in this years draft, infact even last years draft that is a pure offensive defenceman, someone that can put a large points production from the blue-line. Just wondering, most i hear about seem to be reliable defencemen but none are too offensive?

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Spetzky said:
Bobby Sanguinetti.
Ben Shutron is more of a Defensemen then Sanguinetti and still puts up points not as many as Sanguinetti though.

Sanguinetti should just try to play offense.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
yeah...there's some kid in this draft who could put up some strong offensive numbers in addition to playing shut-down defense:

E - R - I - K
J - O - H - N - S - O - N

He might not have a Phanuef-like rookie season, but he could be a Norris finalist for the next 15 years with Dion. But he'll likely be in the AHL next year...unless he opts to go to Minnesota for 1 year....

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Jackmans Domain said:
yeah...there's some kid in this draft who could put up some strong offensive numbers in addition to playing shut-down defense:

E - R - I - K
J - O - H - N - S - O - N

He might not have a Phanuef-like rookie season, but he could be a Norris finalist for the next 15 years with Dion. But he'll likely be in the AHL next year...unless he opts to go to Minnesota for 1 year....

Wouldn't he either have to play for the big club, play in the CHL or play college. I do not think you are aloud to play in the AHL until you are 20.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
inferno98 said:
Wouldn't he either have to play for the big club, play in the CHL or play college. I do not think you are aloud to play in the AHL until you are 20.
That only applies to players who are already in the CHL.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
timlap said:
That only applies to players who are already in the CHL.

Ok I was always confused on this rule. Thank you for clarifying this, now I understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->