OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sucky year if you are a high school grad too lol. Couldn't imagine the start of my adulthood with a f***ing virus destroying what should be some of the best moments of my life.

Though that whole great recession thing also sucked for me so maybe it's just always sucky to grow up :P.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sucky year if you are a high school grad too lol. Couldn't imagine the start of my adulthood with a f***ing virus destroying what should be some of the best moments of my life.

Though that whole great recession thing also sucked for me so maybe it's just always sucky to grow up :P.

Yeah, I feel bad for the grads.

Reactions: super6646

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
We have a 6 phase plan to reopen the province. The plan will be a phased plan that we will plan to utilize in phases. The phases will be planned and the planning will be phased. We will move quickly and slowly to open remain closed. I have created a staff of staffers who will plan the phase and planning while phasing their phases. And this is our reopening plan. Thank you.

Reactions: super6646

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Schools were opened here today, for two weeks before summer holidays (I think partly so that teachers can see how the kids are doing), restaurants will be opened in two weeks. Also it is possible to have sports events, with special arrangements (no more than 500 people in one event etc.)

I'm guessing second wave will come during / after the summer, but I hope I'm wrong

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I just want to say that anyone working from home without kids has no idea what those who do are going through.
Its been friggin nuts at times. I swear the kids teachers are giving way more work now than when they were in school. Trying to keep grade school kids on task while getting your own work done is near impossible at times, nevermind all the other stuff that comes with running a house/yard. I've pulled my hair out a few times....

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I just want to say that anyone working from home without kids has no idea what those who do are going through.
Its been friggin nuts at times. I swear the kids teachers are giving way more work now than when they were in school. Trying to keep grade school kids on task while getting your own work done is near impossible at times, nevermind all the other stuff that comes with running a house/yard. I've pulled my hair out a few times....

I feel ya. Having kids at home is like having that guy that does nothing but distract you so you can't work follow you at home. You know how you can use certain tricks to avoid that guy at work? Those tricks do not work at home.

I had someone tell me that their pets were just as distracting as a kid... Not even close.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
We have a 6 phase plan to reopen the province. The plan will be a phased plan that we will plan to utilize in phases. The phases will be planned and the planning will be phased. We will move quickly and slowly to open remain closed. I have created a staff of staffers who will plan the phase and planning while phasing their phases. And this is our reopening plan. Thank you.

giphy.gif

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
National holiday tomorrow, so 5 work days left before summer holiday. I really need that time off

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
*I miss hockey but no big deal in the end*

*Oh look, there's Facebook livestream of Flames playing Golden Knights in EA Sports NHL20 simulation, cant stop watching*

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If there is one thing I will never do, it’s watch video simulations or other people playing video games. Poke my eye balls out.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Holy crap, that hail storm yesterday was wild. I only had heavy rain in my area, but other areas got obliterated with stuff between tennis ball and golf ball sized hail.

Reactions: Club

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Watched Top Gun in it's entirety for the first time ever, my God it's terrible. It's also quite gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Watched Top Gun in it's entirety for the first time ever, my God it's terrible. It's also quite gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Top Gun is best described as a made for TV mini-series crammed into a 2 hour movie. For the time, it is what it is, being an action movie with nearly zero character or plot development. Arguably one of the best sounding movies ever.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Back to work on Monday. My motivation is at all time low, but July is usually the month when "Finland is closed", so I hope its gonna be quiet.

Also the 3week heatwave is gonna end tomorrow so no complaints

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad