OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Mobile site works, but it wants me to accept / decline some ad settings almost everytime I load a page

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Is is the HF mobile site pure trash to everyone else now? I haven’t been on in months, but now half the time I try to write something the page crashes and resets because of ads.

I use Firefox focus on mobile. It auto blocks ads. It's the only way to browse this site on mobile IMO. Sometimes ads block the content on the site.

Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I use Firefox focus on mobile. It auto blocks ads. It's the only way to browse this site on mobile IMO. Sometimes ads block the content on the site.
Might have to check that out at some point, right now I just kicked in my VPN with Adblock lol, but that might be the ticket for my work phone.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I use Opera. It annoys everyone just like me.

No wait, I use Opera because it too can block things. I also use Ad nauseum so I can select elements I wish to block... Like the vowels in all of figs posts, but it will still give the owner of the site ad revenue.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Made me laugh.
S__35422567.jpg

I Hate Blake Coleman

F*** the oilers
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Provincial government lifted all restrictions on Sunday. At a bar and Hollywood Undead is playing on the jukebox. This truly is hell.

Posting on mobile using a s20 fe and Chrome. HF has been fine. Only problem I have is the banner video ads that won't close without thinking I clicked on em first.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
With all the stuff in the news about Japan holding the Olympics and how most people there don't want to because of covid fears I wondered why a country like Japan wasn't leading the world in vaccination numbers.. they aren't btw... so far they have only vaccinated 8% of the population (compare that to Canada in which 80% of those 12 and older have received at least one shot).
This explains a lot. What a disaster with regards to implementation.

Japan lags at Covid-19 vaccinations

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
With all the stuff in the news about Japan holding the Olympics and how most people there don't want to because of covid fears I wondered why a country like Japan wasn't leading the world in vaccination numbers.. they aren't btw... so far they have only vaccinated 8% of the population (compare that to Canada in which 80% of those 12 and older have received at least one shot).
This explains a lot. What a disaster with regards to implementation.

Japan lags at Covid-19 vaccinations
You should actually know what you're talking about before calling something a disaster.

Japan hasn't had to rush vaccinations because they shut shit down tight pretty early and have had fewer than 900k cases total, which is almost half the cases of Canada despite 4x the population

They also don't have nearly as large of a subset of their population that is stupid enough to think masks are a violation of their human rights.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You should actually know what you're talking about before calling something a disaster.

Japan hasn't had to rush vaccinations because they shut shit down tight pretty early and have had fewer than 900k cases total, which is almost half the cases of Canada despite 4x the population

They also don't have nearly as large of a subset of their population that is stupid enough to think masks are a violation of their human rights.
I know all that. I read the article.
When I say disaster I'm talking about the Olympics and covid... which is a disaster for Japan right now and people there are understsndably afraid.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Doing everything right all this time but then failing to vaccination your population is a disaster.

It’s like checking all your mirrors, putting your seatbelt on, pulling out of the parking lot slowly, and then driving off a cliff.

Let's be real trying to host tens thousands of athletes, coaches, trainers from around the world during a pandemic is just a bad idea. If all the stake holders would get together and agree to host the summer and winter Olympics on the same year like they did before 1990 I believe this would be a lot better of a situation. It's almost funny to hear that athletes are being told not have sex but then it's completely fine to plays sports.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm assuming that all of Canada's athletes and team members are fully vaccinated.
What I don't understand is why the IOC didn't go out of there way to ensure that EVERY team member from every country is fully vaccinated... unless they are?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->